Home

Is there any actual "negotiating" with players in CFM?

This is a discussion on Is there any actual "negotiating" with players in CFM? within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 08-26-2016, 10:45 AM   #1
Rookie

Goose26's Arena

OVR: 3
Is there any actual "negotiating" with players in CFM?

Mostly talking about re-signing in this case as I haven't made it to the offseason yet.

I've brought the money down from what the players are asking for to negotiate for re-signing and not a single player has accepted an offer, and 4 out of 8 have already elected for FA and are not accepting new offers. The last few I've tried have been one click down on the salary option, and even that hasn't been accepted.

Do I have to offer what they are asking for, or has anyone else seen their lower offers accepted?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-26-2016, 10:48 AM   #2
Rookie

NYG88's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Is there any actual "negotiating" with players in CFM?

From what I've noticed is they only take what they're asking for or slightly more. There's no real negotiating in my opinion with this system, hope they can fix it.
Old 08-26-2016, 10:49 AM   #3
Just some guy

mrprice33's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goose26
Mostly talking about re-signing in this case as I haven't made it to the offseason yet.

I've brought the money down from what the players are asking for to negotiate for re-signing and not a single player has accepted an offer, and 4 out of 8 have already elected for FA and are not accepting new offers. The last few I've tried have been one click down on the salary option, and even that hasn't been accepted.

Do I have to offer what they are asking for, or has anyone else seen their lower offers accepted?
I've seen them make me wait a couple of weeks on lower years but I've found the money to be pretty accurate, so I haven't really changed it. The whole system needs an overhaul though.
Old 08-26-2016, 10:54 AM   #4
Rookie

Cajungodfather's Arena

I've had a few guys decline my offer that was exactly what the game said to offer. Usually if I bump it up a little they take it though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 08-26-2016, 11:14 AM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 1

Most of my negotiations have been them wanting more signing bonus. I don't think I have had a single person take what the game suggests.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-26-2016, 11:24 AM   #6
MVP

Mattanite's Arena

I think there was a Developer tweet about this, if you want to give them different number of years, it will take way more money to convince them. I just resigned Matt Kalil to just under what he wanted but had to increase the guaranteed money to do that, but gave him 4 years as he asked. If I tried to give him 6years it would probably cost way more.

I like it in a way, no longer can you sit on a players XP and then force a cheap 6 year contract on them and boost them afterwards. You want 6 years, pay them like a decent starter.
Old 08-26-2016, 12:02 PM   #7
Rookie

bloobloouk's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geodude
I think there was a Developer tweet about this, if you want to give them different number of years, it will take way more money to convince them. I just resigned Matt Kalil to just under what he wanted but had to increase the guaranteed money to do that, but gave him 4 years as he asked. If I tried to give him 6years it would probably cost way more.

I like it in a way, no longer can you sit on a players XP and then force a cheap 6 year contract on them and boost them afterwards. You want 6 years, pay them like a decent starter.
Really pleased this is now in there. I always used to try and make my offers life like, even though it didn't always fit within the Madden system. ie. Sometimes I would offer a guy a much longer contract for less cash but with lots of guarantees instead (the Gronk model) while other guys would be offered a shorter contract for a larger salary and lower guarantees

Is it all still based on OVR or is production now playing a role? Is your 76OVR WR who has led the league in yards and TDs for two years straight still going to request $1m a year?
Old 08-29-2016, 10:09 AM   #8
MVP

OhMrHanky's Arena

Lol. I can't figure this out, either!!! And, while I do appreciate the setup ea has here, I'm having trouble with players resigning. I thought I would try to slightly lowball the fair offer and then work my way higher week to week until they signed. But, after 2 weeks with atl FB dimarco, he said, 'screw u. I'm testing FA'. Now, madden can't always get these things right, of course, but it's always funny to me sometimes the players that dip early. Now, he's a 92 ovr and may be the best FB in the game. But, he's a pretty stand up guy. In real life, I think he appreciates the opportunity the Falcons gave him and he became a great FB. So, I don't think me upping the price on a current offer (which, then went above the fair offer) would make him bolt to FA??!! Lol. But, it is what it is. It's a vid game. They can't get everything right. But, I have had a hard time signing anyone for fair offer value. And, something that should sort of be baked into the code is that the earlier u offer fair offer in the season, the more likely they are to accept, simply because you're negotiating early. But, either way, I've had dimarco, Tamme, and weather spoon all dip after I even went a little above fair offer and still had time left in the season to negotiate. And, see, there's another one. Weatherspoon is a FALCON! Lol. He went to AZ for a min but he was very Happy to come back to atl. So, again, for me, just like dimarco, these guys should want to resign with atl. And, they both QUICKLY said 'peace!' I'm going to restart my CFM once reg season rosters come out anyways. So, this gives me some insight into the negotiation system before that, then. Lol. And, it's nice to not just have a cut and dry, 'sign them for fair offer, and they accept every time'. I mean, this puts some more thought into it, so that's cool. But, I was willing to continue negotiating with these players and would've gone higher, so I'm just surprised a little by it. And, again, those 2 specific players in real life, I don't see them doing that. So, it's also sort of comical. Now, I gotta chase dimarco, for sure, as I like having a quality FB, into FA.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »