Home

LordFrieza's M17 CPU vs. CPU Sliders

This is a discussion on LordFrieza's M17 CPU vs. CPU Sliders within the Madden NFL Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 08-26-2016, 03:19 AM   #1
Rookie

LordFrieza's Arena

OVR: 1
LordFrieza's M17 CPU vs. CPU Sliders

Hey everyone,
Just thought I would share the sliders I've come up with over the past few days of testing and tweaking. Credit to OhMrHanky for providing me with an idea for a starting point (see the thread here). After no success with default sliders, I thought why not start at 0 and go from there. Let me know what you guys think. I've had some very good games with the most realistic stats I've seen so far.

League Settings
Skill Level: Rookie
Game Speed: Very Slow
Injury: On
Quarter Length: 15 minutes
Accelerated Clock: On
Minimum Play Clock Time: 12

Gameplay Sliders - Updated 12/20
Player/CPU Skill
QB Accuracy: 50
Pass Blocking: 50
WR Catching: 50
Run Blocking: 50
Fumbles: 50
Pass Defense Reaction Time: 50
Interceptions: 50
Pass Coverage: 50
Tackling: 50

Special Teams
FG Power: 50
FG Accuracy: 50
Punt Power: 50
Punt Accuracy: 50
Kickoff Power: 50

Game Options
Injuries: 50
Fatigue: 50
Min Player Speed Threshold: 50

Penalties
Offside: 50
False Start: 50
Holding: 50
Defensive Holding: 50
Face Mask: 50
Defensive PI: 50
Offensive PI: On
Kick Catch Interference: On
Illegal Block In The Back: 50
Intentional Grounding: On
Roughing Passer: 50
Roughing Kicker: On
Running Into The Kicker: On

Yes, these sliders are all default settings. I've realized that no matter how much I tweak it, I still don't get the results I like. Instead, I've opted to modify the playbooks used and the coaching schemes in Franchise mode. These have produced by far the best results I've seen so far. Very close, competitive back-and-forth games as one would expect from a fantasy draft franchise! I'm even seeing more of a balance in WR's and TE's being targeted!

I set all teams to the following:
Offense Playbook: Run 'n' Gun
Offensive Scheme: Vertical Offense
Defense Playbook: 4-3
Defensive Scheme: Base 4-3

Also, not sure if it makes that much of a difference or not, but I also set the XP sliders to 150% for all positions before starting the franchise.

Try these out, let me know what you think and if you recommend any adjustments.

Last edited by LordFrieza; 12-20-2016 at 11:04 PM. Reason: Updating sliders
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-26-2016, 06:44 AM   #2
Pro

whosnext00's Arena

OVR: 3
Re: LordFrieza's M17 CPU vs. CPU Sliders

Can you past a few box scores
Old 08-26-2016, 07:58 AM   #3
That's top class!

extremeskins04's Arena

When you're doing cpu vs cpu mode, you're talking about Play the Moment on the Slow setting right? So the players play themselves. (Just making sure this is the way you're doing it).

Also, have you noticed the QB's in cpu vs cpu do hard counts and draw your o-line false starts alot? Like, sometimes it will happen in back to back plays.
Old 08-26-2016, 10:34 AM   #4
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by extremeskins04
When you're doing cpu vs cpu mode, you're talking about Play the Moment on the Slow setting right? So the players play themselves. (Just making sure this is the way you're doing it).

Also, have you noticed the QB's in cpu vs cpu do hard counts and draw your o-line false starts alot? Like, sometimes it will happen in back to back plays.
This is the way I've been playing and love it. Haven't tried these ones yet but I have the same concern about the false starts. I've been using Josh's sliders and with false start at 55 I get about 10 called a game which is very annoying, can't imagine what it'd be at 65. That being said I think the game plays pretty well out of the box, just needs minor tweaks instead of major slider overhauls as it's been in the past. Looking forward to seeing where this goes.
Old 08-26-2016, 11:20 AM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by WolfDawg
This is the way I've been playing and love it. Haven't tried these ones yet but I have the same concern about the false starts. I've been using Josh's sliders and with false start at 55 I get about 10 called a game which is very annoying, can't imagine what it'd be at 65. That being said I think the game plays pretty well out of the box, just needs minor tweaks instead of major slider overhauls as it's been in the past. Looking forward to seeing where this goes.

I agree I play on the pro level with just fatigue bump up to 60, and autos subs 60 out 80 in. That's it . 9 min quarters with play clock acc turned off . Played 3 games in owner mode franchise as the Eagles I am 2-1. Blew out the Browns 1st game and Bears beat the breaks off me in game 2 . Game three came down to the wire against the steelers . I'm happy with this and I'm gonna do my best to quit slider tinkering lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-26-2016, 11:26 AM   #6
That's top class!

extremeskins04's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by WolfDawg
Yea I brought the False Start slider down to 45 and it still happens but no where near as much. Probably at most 4-5 a game. It's just annoying that it usually happens back to back.

It's almost as if when one of my Guards gets a false start, he gets nervous and does it again the very next play LOL.

Also, Freiza can you post a few box scores and stats with your sliders here please? I want to see if they're as good as Josh's default sliders.
Old 08-26-2016, 11:27 AM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 0

let me know where this goes from here, i play cpu vs cpu quite alot. dont know if ita play the moment but i watch the full game. ive been using flakoz sliders and they work pretty well. im in preseason week 2 and its 19-20 10 min left. i drafted my team. if needed ill post box scores and stats.
Old 08-26-2016, 12:58 PM   #8
Rookie

LordFrieza's Arena

Some interesting thoughts guys, I rarely see any penalties at all and was thinking of cranking up a few of the sliders to see what kind of impact that has. I've seen one defensive PI called and a few false starts, offsides and holding calls, but it seems to be only 5 penalties or so called a game so far. I do "Play the Moment" on slow for the full game, so it's entirely CPU vs CPU and am in the third season of a franchise mode. I'll post some box scores later this afternoon/evening and I might make a few more minor tweaks to the settings as well. One thing to note is I've been getting completion percentages around 60-65% and yards per carry around 5-6 so far. Thanks for the feedback all!

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders »