Home

Formations Subs Playbook

This is a discussion on Formations Subs Playbook within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 08-25-2016, 06:00 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Formations Subs Playbook

Maybe this has already been mentioned, not sure... but when I go into formations subs, the playbook that is being loaded isn't the playbook that is set in my coaching schemes. I have Carolina set as my playbook in coaching scheme, and that loads correctly when I go to play the game... but when I go to formation subs, it loads the Kansas City playbook. Has anyone else had this problem, and does anyone know a fix?

It should be noted that I fired my coach and hired a new one in the preseason, so maybe this has something to do with it? I advanced the week to see if it was a temporary thing, but that didn't fix the issue.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-25-2016, 06:20 PM   #2
MVP

OVR: 12
Re: Formations Subs Playbook

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlurie31
Maybe this has already been mentioned, not sure... but when I go into formations subs, the playbook that is being loaded isn't the playbook that is set in my coaching schemes. I have Carolina set as my playbook in coaching scheme, and that loads correctly when I go to play the game... but when I go to formation subs, it loads the Kansas City playbook. Has anyone else had this problem, and does anyone know a fix?

It should be noted that I fired my coach and hired a new one in the preseason, so maybe this has something to do with it? I advanced the week to see if it was a temporary thing, but that didn't fix the issue.
It happens for me too. I use the Lions, but prefer the Patriots playbook. Have that set as my playbook in achemes. But only the Lions playbook loads when doing formation subs.
Old 08-25-2016, 06:28 PM   #3
Rookie

Im not sure if this might be a Carolina playbook issue or not.. I had a different formation sub bug hit me when I switched the Broncos from a 3-4 to a 4-3.. I chose to use Carolina's playbook (last year they had a big dime btw, not this year)... So between Von Miller, Shane Ray, Shaq Barrett, and Derek Wolfe I did my subs as to keep everyone fresh and throw in some cool wrinkles.. but noticed when I went in game, a lot of the formations were backwards from how I intended it to be. For example, I left Shaq Barrett as starting LOLB, Von LE, Ray RE, Wolfe DT but in the 4-3 over, I wanted move Wolfe to the End on the closed side of the formation and Von the edge defender on the Line of scrimmage right next to wolfe... But in game Wolfe and Von were the open side DE and off LB..
Also there was something wrong with the CB's in the dime and nickel formations... Wanted to move CHJ to nickel In the formation sub screen, but when I looked at those formations (i hadn't yet touched it) CHJ and Talib appeared to be the nickel and dime CB's by default.. To check that out i went straight into a game and they were still the outside corners, so it was just the formation sub screen that was messed up...
May need to try a different 4-3 playbook, havent yet, to see if these bugs go away.. with the OP's problems with Carolina's playbook and my problems, maybe Carolina's playbook is just glitched?
Old 08-25-2016, 06:32 PM   #4
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanB_DanB
Im not sure if this might be a Carolina playbook issue or not.. I had a different formation sub bug hit me when I switched the Broncos from a 3-4 to a 4-3.. I chose to use Carolina's playbook (last year they had a big dime btw, not this year)... So between Von Miller, Shane Ray, Shaq Barrett, and Derek Wolfe I did my subs as to keep everyone fresh and throw in some cool wrinkles.. but noticed when I went in game, a lot of the formations were backwards from how I intended it to be. For example, I left Shaq Barrett as starting LOLB, Von LE, Ray RE, Wolfe DT but in the 4-3 over, I wanted move Wolfe to the End on the closed side of the formation and Von the edge defender on the Line of scrimmage right next to wolfe... But in game Wolfe and Von were the open side DE and off LB..
Also there was something wrong with the CB's in the dime and nickel formations... Wanted to move CHJ to nickel In the formation sub screen, but when I looked at those formations (i hadn't yet touched it) CHJ and Talib appeared to be the nickel and dime CB's by default.. To check that out i went straight into a game and they were still the outside corners, so it was just the formation sub screen that was messed up...
May need to try a different 4-3 playbook, havent yet, to see if these bugs go away.. with the OP's problems with Carolina's playbook and my problems, maybe Carolina's playbook is just glitched?
No because i cant do subs for New Englands playbook that i use with the Lions.
Old 08-25-2016, 06:34 PM   #5
Rookie

Yea i only seen your post after I posted mine (on mobile).. Still the problems i had werent really the same as the two of yours.. Concerning to say the least.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-25-2016, 06:35 PM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 4

Formations subs - can you sub pregame? And if so for custom playbook??
Old 08-26-2016, 03:34 PM   #7
MVP

This is really really frustrating, because the only formation I can do subs for is the default formation for that team. I use the Lions, and the only playbook that loads in formation subs screen is the Lions-Jim Caldwell playbook.

It doesn't matter what I have my playbook set to in schemes, or team options, this is the only playbook that loads for formation subs.
Old 08-29-2016, 09:52 PM   #8
Rookie

kcchiefs1984's Arena

OVR: 1

Having the same problem, using Chiefs. Initially with the Panthers playbook it would still only show A. Reids defensive playbook. Deleted my franchise, started a new one. This time I selected the Rams playbook outside of CFM as my default. When I went to schemes inside the CFM, it had the KC playbook as default but at the same time, in the header banner, where it shows an overview, it listed the defense as an attacking 4-3. It also showed as an attacking 4-3 as default where you select it, rather than whatever 3-4 defense KC's is. So I changed the playbook to LA, but it still will has the 3-4 defense on the formation subs page. This is extremely frustrating, as this feature was really the main selling point for me, along with the player editing.
Any fix been found yet?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »