Home

Why isn't there a simple season mode?

This is a discussion on Why isn't there a simple season mode? within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 08-24-2016, 02:40 PM   #1
Pro

OVR: 4
Why isn't there a simple season mode?

Why isn't there a simple season mode? I have not played madden in a few years but its pretty disappointing you can't play a simple season mode and you have to play franchise.

sure you can let the CPU do most everything for you but it's just annoying to look at.

Why does EA think its a good idea to not have this basic mode in the game.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-24-2016, 02:48 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Why isn't there a simple season mode?

Because you can play a season by just playing 1 year in Franchise, then deleting and starting over.
Old 08-24-2016, 02:52 PM   #3
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xtra
Because you can play a season by just playing 1 year in Franchise, then deleting and starting over.
Its not the same thing, you have all that annoying extra fluff you have to look at even if you let the CPU control everything.

They should have a basic season mode without all the RPG like features it has now.

Or they should just let you turn that stuff off completely in franchise and not force you to do it or assign it to the CPU.
Old 08-24-2016, 02:55 PM   #4
Hall Of Fame

Brandwin's Arena

OVR: 50

Quote:
Originally Posted by birthday_massacre
Its not the same thing, you have all that annoying extra fluff you have to look at even if you let the CPU control everything.

They should have a basic season mode without all the RPG like features it has now.

Or they should just let you turn that stuff off completely in franchise and not force you to do it or assign it to the CPU.
I think you can have the CPU do all of that stuff, you just have to go in and hit "sim" or whatever the option is when its time to do it. IE assign xp points to players, you can let the computer just assign them. But I get what you are saying
Old 08-24-2016, 02:59 PM   #5
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brandwin
I think you can have the CPU do all of that stuff, you just have to go in and hit "sim" or whatever the option is when its time to do it. IE assign xp points to players, you can let the computer just assign them. But I get what you are saying
yeah but i dont want players getting assigned XP points, I dont want that even if I am letting the CPU do it for me.

Its not even a difficult mode to make. Just have it be on season and done or just let it keep going on forever with basic stat tracking just one year at a time.

I cant imagine what its like for casual football fans who just want to play a football game season mode.

I am a madden vet played since the beginning on genesis but being out of the loop for a few years, the mode can be super overwhelming.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-24-2016, 03:05 PM   #6
Hall Of Fame

Brandwin's Arena

OVR: 50

Quote:
yeah but i dont want players getting assigned XP points, I dont want that even if I am letting the CPU do it for me.

Its not even a difficult mode to make. Just have it be on season and done or just let it keep going on forever with basic stat tracking just one year at a time.

I cant imagine what its like for casual football fans who just want to play a football game season mode.

I am a madden vet played since the beginning on genesis but being out of the loop for a few years, the mode can be super overwhelming.
I hear ya...

There is an option for XP points to apply at the end of the season and I think it's for human and AI teams.
Old 08-24-2016, 03:06 PM   #7
MVP

OVR: 0

Quote:

Play a bunch of play now games in the order of your teams schedule and then play Patriots or Panthers as your Super Bowl. Seriously though, defaturing something is not really a great sales technique.
Old 08-24-2016, 03:29 PM   #8
All Star

SmashMan's Arena

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brandwin
I hear ya...

There is an option for XP points to apply at the end of the season and I think it's for human and AI teams.
Could he also just set the XP sliders to zero? I've never tried the sliders, so I don't know if zero really means zero XP, but that could be another option for him.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »