Home

On the Fence!

This is a discussion on On the Fence! within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 08-22-2016, 11:11 AM   #1
Pro

OVR: 0
On the Fence!

I appreciate there is an impressions thread, which is fantastic to get bits and pieces of info from. Also the Q&A thread as well which also helps on occasions.

However this thread is to discuss why you (maybe) still sat on the fence as to whether to purchase this game now or not.

Im one of those guys right now. Every year I normally invest in 3/4 annual sports franchises, from Madden to MLB to Football Manager etc... some I look back on with regret, others ive plied hours into and not even thought any more of it.

This year though, im being a bit more frugal (of mind) and really want to ensure that I get the right games for me and not just get sucked into the early release hype, only to see the game sat on my PS4 collecting 'digital' dust.

As a CFM guy, I play solo, offline only. Im still looking on for some solid views and reviews of situations. I dont expect miracles from last year, but every little helps. On top of that, gameplay is obviously key and some of the impressions go from great to bad.... with the overall feel that the commentary/presentation upgrade is papering over some cracks that the game has.

So if you are on the fence, whats going to get you off it and which side will you get off on?

For me, it has to be something CFM related that will put a smile on my face, you know that little special thing that makes you think.. yeah, fancy a bit of that myself.

Need things to hurry up though, the Mrs wont want to be pulling all these splinters out of my rear if I stay up here too long
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-22-2016, 11:14 AM   #2
Eagles Fan

BleedGreen710's Arena

OVR: 6
Re: On the Fence!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bestbrother
As a CFM guy, I play solo, offline only.
me too. the game is great - go buy it.
Old 08-22-2016, 11:25 AM   #3
Post Like a Champion!

jake44np's Arena

OVR: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by BleedGreen710
me too. the game is great - go buy it.
Same boat for me too, I only play offline franchise mode.
After reading everything on here i don't need to start a thread to convince me to buy it.
I will be playing tonight at Midnight!
Old 08-22-2016, 11:36 AM   #4
All Star

jpdavis82's Arena

OVR: 21

If you're a offline CFM guy this is a must buy, they did a great job this year finally making it feel like the NFL experience we see every Sunday.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 08-22-2016, 11:47 AM   #5
Rookie

Offline cfm here as well....I finished a full 16 game season over 3 trials this weekend....,one of my absolute favorite things is the score ticker nearing the end of the season, I was in a huge battle with about 6 other teams trying to squeeze in to a wild card slot, and being able to scoreboard watch as I played was so amazing because of the lack of this small detail all these years. It was very immersive. Add on they showed the playoff race pop up before the game and some contextual commentary at the end if these games, it felt really good....I missed the playoffs by the way with buffalo at 9-7 due to the Bengals having the tie breaker on me...another huge thing during the year is hearing things like, Tyrod Taylor runs in for the touchdown giving him 18 total on the year and Jerry Hughes with his 11th sack if the season and his second today.....those things make your cfm alive....the constant update of compiled stats with in the commentary....bravo ea, bravo
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-22-2016, 11:59 AM   #6
MVP

Black Bruce Wayne's Arena

Some of the gameplay videos from SimFBallCritic got me off the fence

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk
Old 08-22-2016, 12:03 PM   #7
Hall Of Fame

NoleFan's Arena

OVR: 22
On the Fence!

Ugh, I just got a 360 so I could play NCAA. Don't make go buy Madden 17 for my PS4 now too lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 08-22-2016, 12:08 PM   #8
MVP

geisterhome's Arena

OVR: 44

lol, just logged on thinking abt opening a thread like this asking if this game is finally something for offline franchise fanatics like me, reading those posts above I guess I can go ahead and buy it lololol

-Glad to be an Operation Sports Member!-

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »