Home

Madden 17 Everything Playbooks (custom) for the CPU or user

This is a discussion on Madden 17 Everything Playbooks (custom) for the CPU or user within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 08-19-2016, 09:31 PM   #1
MVP

vannwolfhawk's Arena

OVR: 26
Madden 17 Everything Playbooks (custom) for the CPU or user

Some of you remember this thread from last year. http://www.operationsports.com/forum...playbooks.html I have tested playbooks for the CPU and the workaround from last year (thanks to swagger coach) still works. This year you can assign the CPU playbooks in play now (couldn't last year) as well as cfm. For play now you just need a 2nd controller. Download the custom playbook and go to play now and advanced settings and set the playbook you want for both teams. Once you assign a playbook start the game. Once the game starts move the 2nd controller to CPU. You will have to initially call the 1st play but after the kick its all the CPU.

As for cfm it's a little different. Once you start the cfm as a owner or coach. You will need to go to settings and select starter to off. Then you will then create a 2nd profile by clicking the R stick down. Select a team and then pick a player (not a owner or coach) and choose a backup qb from Undrafted. He will then be a 3rd qb on your depth chart and never see the field. You can then go and play the same way selecting and using 2 controllers. This time however after you select your teams playbook in the team select screen you will just click advance to game as the user. Then your done. The only other thing you will need to do is make sure your 2nd controller is plugged into your Xbox so it doesn't auto shut off as this will kick you from the game. If it's plugged in you are good to go.

For those who do not no this is a game changer in how the CPU ai plays. They now play to their strengths, use plays they call irl and make the CPU ai incredible. All the situations and audibles are redone. All the play actions on 3rd and long gone, most all verticals gone. I just finished the panthers rough draft and went and tested it. I was shutting teams down to under 10 most all games before giving the panthers their playbook. I played 1 quarter and gave up 21 points. Like I said it's a game changer. I'm loving the game without playbooks but this takes it to a whole different level. If you don't believe me go download and try yourself.

This thread will be for any questions or players who create real team playbooks. I will post them in this thread in the OP. We can also use it as information for people looking to add real plays or routes. So if your team likes to throw lot of screens on 2nd or 3rd and long, etc just throw it out in this thread.

Last thing - it was stated you can not use formation subs with custom playbooks. That is true and false. If you start a playbook with your team you can still do formation subs with any formation that was in the original playbook. If you add a new formation you will have to change in game. But in cfm as a player if you choose to do playbooks then because you chose a player you can not (as far as I can tell as of now) change depth charts or formation subs...

I have already done a few playbooks that you can download now under my gamertag - vannwolfhawk206 for the xbox1.

XBOX 1 PLAYBOOKS - all are rough drafts except the teams listed in bold

DEFENSIVE PLAYBOOKS

- Seahawks - defensive playbook - vannwolfhawk206 (updated 8/26/16)
- Steelers - defensive playbook - vannwolfhawk206 (updated 8/26/16)
- Packers - defensive playbook - vannwolfhawk206 (updated 8/26/16)
- Chargers - defensive playbook - vannwolfhawk206 (updated 8/26/16)

- Cardinals - defensive playbook - vannwolfhawk206 (updated 8/27/16)
- Cowboys - defensive playbook - vannwolfhawk206 (updated 8/28/16)
- Panthers - defensive playbook - vannwolfhawk206 (updated 8/28/16)
- Vikings - defensive playbook - vannwolfhawk206 (updated 8/28/16)

For the defensive play books here is what I did. First off, I used each teams base defense and didn't really add any new plays outside of that. I wanted everyone to still have the ability to use formation subs in cfm still. I also eliminated (in the star ratings as I did not delete from the playbook as just in case a user wants to use it) all cover 0 plays for the CPU. I did all the audibles, assigned all blitzes to zone blitzes or man blitzes with 1 deep safety. I have all the stars rated the same for now for variety. I also added plays and deleted plays for different situations. Gone forever is the 3rd and 15 double safety blitz or cover 0 plays called by the CPU!

Edit: there is a glitch with defensive playbooks with the wildcat and empty packages. Default books have nickel sets for empty packages. I changed to dime, dollar, and quarters but it will not save. Same with the wildcat so again it's a glitch I can't do anything about. They were changed in playbooks but when saved it defaults back except gives plays higher star ratings for some reason...

OFFENSIVE PLAYBOOKS

- Panthers - Offensive Playbook - vannwolfhawk206 (updated 8/23/16)
- Packers - Offensive Playbook - vannwolfhawk206 (final draft done and updated on 8/25/16)
- Patriots - Offensive Playbook - vannwolfhawk206
- Vikings - Offensive Playbook - vannwolfhawk206
- Falcons - Offensive Playbook - Vannwolfhawk206
- Cardinals - offensive playbook - vannwolfhawk206 (updated 8/27/16)
- 49ers - Offensive Playbook - vannwolfhawk206
- Saints - Offensive Playbook - vannwolfhawk206
- Rams - Offensive Playbook - vannwolfhawk206
- Buccaneers - Offensive Playbook - vannwolfhawk206
- Dolphins - Offensive Playbook - vannwolfhawk206
- Eagles - Offensive Playbook - vannwolfhawk206
- Bills - Offensive Playbook - vannwolfhawk206
- Steelers - Offensive Playbook - vannwolfhawk206 (final draft done and updated on 8/25/16)
- Cowboys - Offensive Playbook - vannwolfhawk206
- Jets - Offensive Playbook - vannwolfhawk206
- Chargers - Offensive Playbook - vannwolfhawk206 (updated 8/26/16)
- Chargers - Offensive Playbook - deucedouglas
- Texans - Offensive Playbook - deucedouglas

PS4 PLAYBOOKS

File name: BALANCED OFFENSE
PSN: TheCouchGuy9
Description: Operation Sports Balanced Attack pb for CPU

File Name: VERTICAL
PSN: TheCouchGuy9
Description: Operation Sports Vertical Attack pb for CPU

File name: RAMS OFFENSE
PSN: Teefmummy

File: REDSKINS OFFENSE
Name : SaboFF00
Title: WAS

PSN NAME
Sabo00FF
TEAMS COMPLETED
GB - Chi - Min - Det
Jax - Hou - Ind - Ten
Was - NYG - Dal - Phi
Ari - Sea - LA - SF
NO

FILE DESCRIPTION
OS FORUMS:[insert team nAme]

Quote:
Originally Posted by SwaggerCoach
****NOTE: You will NEED TWO controllers and TWO Playstation profiles/accounts for this to work.****

1. Create a secondary profile/account on your playstation. You can learn how to do that here.

2. With the 2nd profile/account active, go to Customize --> Playbooks. If you want to create your own playbook, scroll over to "Create playbook." If you want to download a playbook of Madden Share, go to Customize --> Share/manage files. Scroll over to offensive/defensive playbooks, download what you want.

3. Once you have your desired playbook (either one you've made or downloaded), again, make sure you have it saved to the 2nd profile/account (NOT your main PS4 profile).

4. Go back to your MAIN profile (easiest way to do that is by turning on another controller and choosing your main profile. When you're at the main menu, just tap any button on the dpad and Madden will ask you which profile you want in control of the game. It's very easy).

5. Go to Franchise mode. Go to league settings and TURN OFF ACTIVE STARTER. THIS IS A MUST!!

6. Notice who you are playing against that week. Let's say you are the Raiders and you're up against the Saints. What you want to do is click DOWN on the RIGHT STICK and then "Create New." Choose the team you're playing against (the Saints). Choose player. Then ACTIVE player. Choose that team's 3rd string QB. (You will have two "players" active at this point - you as the coach/owner and the 3rd stringer on the Saints).

(Note: if they do not have a 3rd string QB on the roster for any reason, first choose ACTIVE COACH, cut a player, and then sign a QB so that team has 3 QB's. This is important because you ideally want the player to NEVER check into the game.)

7. Push DOWN on RIGHT STICK again. Go back to your team's dashboard. (So you would click back over to Raiders owner/coach).

8. Start up your game against the Saints as usual. On the controller select screen, make sure your controller is over on your side and the 2nd controller is over on the opposing team's side. Using the 2nd controller, go to "Advanced Settings." Then choose the CUSTOM PLAYBOOK you want the CPU to utilize. Now you're ready to start the game.

When you boot up the game, because your opponent is a 3rd string QB, he should never check-in. Meaning the CPU should operate just as they normally would. However, your custom playbook WILL work for them.

The reason you have to do a player and not a coach for the opposing team is because there is no way to NOT play as the coach. The game will not let you continue if you have 2 coach profiles up against each other and then try to slide one of them over to CPU control in the middle.

Kind of sucks but the workaround WORKS.

Let me know if you have any questions.

Last edited by vannwolfhawk; 09-02-2016 at 02:21 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-19-2016, 10:14 PM   #2
Madden Dev Team

DeuceDouglas's Arena

OVR: 22
Re: Madden 17 Everything Playbooks (custom) for the CPU or user

After seeing some of the pre-release videos I'd really like to use this method this year but I'm not sure how to make it work. Is there any other workarounds? I know last year I only played one season of CFM but had back-to-back games where both of the CPU's QB's got injured and the P actually had to come in which would be the third QB under this scenario. Also unsure how it might affect 32-team control switching from coaches/owners to players and vice versa in regards to formation subs sticking and what not.

Really wish they would allow customs in CFM to be set in CFM under the coaches menus. Would make this infinitely easier all around.
Old 08-20-2016, 12:09 AM   #3
All Star

LionsFanNJ's Arena

OVR: 29

I'm quite happy there's a workaround. Luckily i have a second controller this time awesome. So CFM workaround is offline CFM's only right? Can't wait to make some better books for the teams.
Old 08-20-2016, 02:17 AM   #4
Rookie

zacification1's Arena

OVR: 0

Don't have a 2nd controller, but will post to support the idea, the work into it, and to bump the thread. Glad that you pointed out the "yes and no" answer to me, as that is incredibly useful. Good luck in the future of this.

New England Patriots
Boston College Eagles
Old 08-20-2016, 11:55 AM   #5
MVP

vannwolfhawk's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by LionsFanNJ
I'm quite happy there's a workaround. Luckily i have a second controller this time awesome. So CFM workaround is offline CFM's only right? Can't wait to make some better books for the teams.
Yes, online you can't make a 2nd profile... So just offline...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-20-2016, 11:58 AM   #6
MVP

vannwolfhawk's Arena

I can almost understand why EA does this as I almost think with the plays I added made the panthers a little too efficient. People might get frustrated playing against the CPU like this. But at least you won't see any odd things anymore...
Old 08-20-2016, 03:05 PM   #7
All Star

LionsFanNJ's Arena

OVR: 29

Im for anything that makes teams unique. I'd just have to scheme better.
Old 08-20-2016, 03:53 PM   #8
Banned

OVR: 21

Not allowing custom playbooks to be assigned and stick if you change team control is a huge miss again by EA.

How cool would it be to assign a user created 1966 Packers book to that team in a classic roster/CFM? Or an Air Coryell book for the 1980 Chargers? Even a modified Run Heavy book for the teams from the 1960's when the QB maybe attempted 25 passes a game?

Not sure why they ignore this request year to year.

C

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »