Home

WWE 2K17 ONCE AGAIN Pinning system is Screwed!

This is a discussion on WWE 2K17 ONCE AGAIN Pinning system is Screwed! within the WWE 2K and Other Wrestling Games forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > WWE 2K and Other Wrestling Games
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 08-17-2016, 11:25 PM   #1
Banned

OVR: 0
WWE 2K17 ONCE AGAIN Pinning system is Screwed!

I'm not here to nitpick at the game. I'm loving everything so far. The ladder matches and the backstage brawls have me sold.

BUT.... I am going to be really sad if 2k doesn't fix the pinning system. What i mean is you shouldn't have the option to kick out at 1 or right before the 2 count (at 1.9) late in a match.

Here is one example: In backstage brawl video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pMRo7nkUimw

John Cena is already in RED damage and Aj Styles goes to pin him twice. Both times, you can see that the pin circle(meter) has the option to kick out before the Referee counts one or even TWO! Why is that?!!! You can even hear the announcers say, "And he kicks out at two". It makes no sense... the referee didn't even slap his hand on the ground to count two.

It should give you 2 chances to kick out in between the 2 and 3 count. Like right at 2.2 and right at 2.8 or 2.9.

This makes me sad because last year we had the same problem. I don't want to go through another year of this. I mastered the kicking out meter in wwe 2k16. I would end up kicking out at the 1 count multiple times... even after being hit with a finisher.

Why would you have the option to kick out TWICE before the referree counts TWO? It makes no sense. Those are the little details that shouldn't go un-noticed.

PLEASE FIX THIS 2k.

You can give us the option to kick out at one. When the health bar is green or yellow but not, when its RED. PLEASE fix this!

P.S I hope the game is more difficult this year against the COMPUTER. WWE 2k16 became too easy after the first 3 days of playing it on LEGEND difficulty.

Last edited by Razeart2422; 08-17-2016 at 11:51 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-17-2016, 11:41 PM   #2
Banned

Re: WWE 2K17 ONCE AGAIN Pinning system is Screwed!

Here is another example: WWE 2k17 Sasha Banks vs Charlotte

Skip to the 43 second mark of this video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YgSm0U3oeu4

See how opponent getting pinned has RED Health bar and has TWO chances to kick out before the Referee even reaches the 2 count. You are basically given TWO chances to kick out at 1. And she was just hit with a FINISHER!!!!!

How can she possibly have two chances to kick out at one?
A FINISHER is supposed to be the strongest move. So why is it that after you are hit with a FINISHER you have so many chances to kick out before the 1 count? I could understand if you were given 2 chances AFTER the 2 count. But why BEFORE the 2 count and after a FINISHING MOVE?

Why? WHy? Why? It makes no sense.

Please fix this 2K.

Last edited by Razeart2422; 08-18-2016 at 12:04 AM.
Old 08-18-2016, 07:34 AM   #3
Rookie

ksteward84's Arena

This isn't really a "dear developers" forum.

The first video looked fantastic, I'm glad the backstage / crowd fighting got added. Maybe it's just me, but the pinning system has never really bothered me that much. People sometimes kick out early. Probably not THAT often, but I'd rather have that system than the glitch in previous editions where the computer either kicked out at one specific point or you knew they wouldn't at all.
College Football Revamped
Fire Pro Wrestling World
Old 08-18-2016, 07:39 AM   #4
All Star

OVR: 2

I think it should be a combination of the damage plus the move delivered. I hate when guys lose to a simple move like a regular suplex just because they're in the red.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 08-18-2016, 08:12 AM   #5
All Star

PeoplesChampGB's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mercury112491
I think it should be a combination of the damage plus the move delivered. I hate when guys lose to a simple move like a regular suplex just because they're in the red.

Thats what FPW did so well. You could beat a guy down to almost critical, but you still had a better shot at beating him with a finisher than a normal move. The finisher, however, would have a greater chance of being countered than a regular move.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-18-2016, 10:08 AM   #6
Rookie

SoundTheAlarm's Arena

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mercury112491

Or when you'd have a great match only to lose on a stupid neck crank or some other BS submission because that meter was impossible, especially when you were in the red lol.

Sent from my VS985 4G using Tapatalk
Old 08-18-2016, 04:39 PM   #7
Banned

I've been watching WWE Programming since the Attitude Era days. And I have never seen anyone kick out a the ONE count after a finisher. So we shouldn't have the option to kick out at ONE after a finisher at least. I understand having the option to kick out at one after regular moves. But not a Finisher!!!!
Old 08-18-2016, 04:46 PM   #8
All Star

PeoplesChampGB's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Razeart2422
I've been watching WWE Programming since the Attitude Era days. And I have never seen anyone kick out a the ONE count after a finisher. So we shouldn't have the option to kick out at ONE after a finisher at least. I understand having the option to kick out at one after regular moves. But not a Finisher!!!!
Brock kicked out of an AA at 1 at Summerslam 2014.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > WWE 2K and Other Wrestling Games »