Home

SimWorld Presents: The NBA2K17 Fictional Draft Class Thread (for Xbox One)

This is a discussion on SimWorld Presents: The NBA2K17 Fictional Draft Class Thread (for Xbox One) within the NBA 2K Basketball Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball Rosters
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 08-13-2016, 12:30 PM   #1
SimWorld Draft Class Guru

CWSapp757's Arena

OVR: 24
SimWorld Presents: The NBA2K17 Fictional Draft Class Thread (for Xbox One)

THE TEAM
CWSapp - Dreece - Blindside - Ronyell

What’s good everybody. I would love it if everyone visiting this thread already knew who we are and what we do but I have to assume that you don’t so WELCOME to our draft class university. To make a long story much shorter, this thread is the home to Sim World draft classes where we try our best to provide you with draft classes to make your MyLeague mode a bit more enjoyable and give it some longevity. Let’s get on to the FAQs:

What are the basics that I can expect from the classes?
You can expect that every player will receive attention before the class is released. Often times, people release classes where just the top 50 (or even less) are edited and allow the CPU to randomly generate the rest. For some people, that is ok and I respect that but our classes are intended to provide unique players all the way across the board whether it’s a top rated prospect or a 58 rated player with one of the sickest verticals you have ever seen.

Speaking of unique players, it is important to note that we feel that we specialize in that area. In the NBA, every center isn’t a bruiser that camps out in the paint and every point guard isn’t a masterful ball handler that runs the team like Chris Paul. We make sure to stay true to that concept and provide you with a wide range of different play styles and body types. You may see a 5’10 lightning fast point guard that can slice through the lane with ease or a 6’6 turnover prone point guard that can pull up off the dribble with the best of them. You may find a 7’0 300 pound center that can wear down any defender or a 6’11 245 pound center that can drain it from behind the arc. Variety is the spice of life and you can get that here.

What’s the range of overall and potential with these classes?
This is one of the questions that I get every year and some people agree with how we do it and some people don’t. In regards to overall ratings this year, some people may not be very happy with the way we have done things this year. Many classes have players very highly rated coming in to the league with almost 15 players or more with a 75+ rating. Because the Sim World rating scale is a bit lower than 2k’s base roster, this would be a bit too much. Because of that, you won’t see a large amount of highly rated players as rookies. In these classes, there may be a class where there are NO players in that 75+ range or you may come across 3 to 5 of them in another class. A chunk of these players that may turn out to be stars may come in to the league with a rating in the 65 to 70 range. The best player RIGHT NOW isn’t always the best prospect.

In regards to potential, this needs to be bolded because it represents a major change that we implementing. There were still be THREE different versions of each class but the major changes in each version will not be potential but instead the “peak start” and “peak end”. For those of you that followed us last year, you may remember that we came up with the idea to alter peak start and peak end ages so that we could actually create “busts”. This occurs because the game does not take peak start or end into consideration with formulating a prospect big board. Therefore, I can have a 19 year old player with a 66 overall and a 90 potential with a peak start of 19 and a peak end of 28. The CPU will draft this guy extremely high (possibly number one depending on the other prospects available). When this guy is drafted, the game will tell you that his potential is a 90 but his peak start has already begun so he will NOT progress much without training or chemistry. There will be several players like that in each draft so that we can finally consistently provide you with bust players so that you guys that love to tank so much will be punished with the risk of drafting the next big time bust.

Will we get Newsfeeds and Advanced Scouting Reports this year?
Well, yes and no. If you have been paying any attention to the thread you will see that we have a new format of reporting news about players and getting you familiarized with the talent. Ronyell will be posting a variety of different news, stats and information about the players as we work on the draft classes. I will also be posting additional information just to get you guys prepared for the upcoming draft. The way we are doing it this year will allow for much more information to be posted about different players.

Unfortunately the days of the 150+ page scouting reports are gone. I simply don’t have the desire to do it anymore. I wish there was a more elaborate answer but I’m just going to keep it real… I’m tired lol. There will still be scouting reports with different rankings and write ups but it just won’t be as in depth as it used to be. In all honesty, this will force you to rely on the information me and Ronyell give you throughout the year as well as your own scouting.

I’m sure I’m missing a few things but if you guys have ANY more questions feel free to ask and I will add it to the main post.

BEFORE YOU DOWNLOAD OUR DRAFT CLASSES READ THIS
I feel like it is important to share a little information on how the “versions” will operate this year. First and foremost, I want to clear up something that people always seem to get confused about. A lot of people thought that the different versions were updated files of that particular class. That’s not how it works. The versions are all the same draft class with the only difference being peak start and peak ends. As we did towards the latter part of last year, we wanted to provide different peak starts and ends within the different versions that would cause certain players to be stars in one version and a potential bust in the other. To provide a little clarity, we decided to name the different versions Gold, Silver and Bronze as opposed to version 1,2 and 3 like we did last year. Now on to how to use the versions moving forward.

Some people have asked if you should use the same version for each draft class (for example: use gold version for all of the classes) or if you can mix it up. The choice that you make between those two options will provide you with different experiences in your MyLeague.

Option 1: Using the same version for each class
This is the way that the classes are intended to be used. After a lot of research and meticulous planning, using the same version for each class is the best way to provide continuous balance in your MyLeague. What I mean by that is that using the same version will ensure that there is an adequate amount of superstars, stars, role players and busts coming into the league. By going with option 1, the league should look pretty similar as far as ratings from top to bottom ten years down the line. The way that this is done is by swapping busts with stars. I know that may sound confusing but for example, if I make a projected star center in DC1 a bust and a projected star center in DC2 a star in the gold version, in the silver version, their peak start and peak end may be swapped to give you a different draft experience but still the same amount of stars and busts.

Option 2: Using random versions for each class
By doing this you are really rolling the dice. Because the versions are mixed up, you may wind up with more busts or stars than intended. You may wind up with a version with that before mentioned center in DC1 is a bust AND the star center in DC2 is a bust or they might both wind up being stars. It all just depends on what versions you select. Some may like it this way because it makes it a bit more exciting and unpredictable.

Fictional draft class 1 will be up shortly and will be posted in the SimWorld thread by Ronyell so just keep an eye out. DC2 will also be posted eventually but we don’t want to put an exact day on it. As Dreece said, he’ll release it when it’s ready lol. Hope you guys enjoy.

INJURIES AND SUSPENSIONS
Another thign that might throw people off is injuries and suspensions. Let me address the most obvious... suspensions. Players that are labeled with suspensions aren't technically suspended but are being forced to be out for a particular reason. For example, you may see several foreign players that are drafted but won't be coming over or eligible to play for a year or two (just like in real basketball). Be careful about drafting these guys and make sure that you have an understanding that just because you draft him and he is on your team does not mean that he will be immediately available to you. Oh and for those wondering why we used suspensions as opposed to "personal reasons".... there was a bit of an issue with personal reasons where the player would occasionally play games when he wasn't supposed to.

Injuries are self explanatory but it just means that you need to scout your players because there may be a top prospect coming into the draft with an injury that will keep him out going into the season similar to Joel Embiid or Blake Griffin. We know some of you aren't going to like it but we told you it's all about the realism!

Fictional Draft Class 1 is now available for download.
Gamertag: Nsuplaya84
Version 1 File Name: SimWorld FDC1Gold
Version 2 File Name: SimWorld FDC1Silver
Version 3 File Name: SimWorld FDC1Bronze

Link to DC1 Scouting Report PDF: Download Here
Link to DC1 Scouting Report Powerpoint: Download Here

Fictional Draft Class 2 is now available for download.
Gamertag: xxxDreecexxx
Version 1 File Name: SimWorld FDC2Gold
Version 2 File Name: SimWorld FDC2Silver
Version 3 File Name: SimWorld FDC2Bronze

Link to DC2 Scouting Report PDF: Download Here
Link to DC2 Scouting Report Powerpoint: Download Here

Fictional Draft Class 3 is now available for download.
Gamertag: Yellzstar
Version 1 File Name: SimWorld FDC3Gold
Version 2 File Name: SimWorld FDC3Silver
Version 3 File Name: SimWorld FDC3Bronze

Link to DC3 Scouting Report PDF: Download Here
Link to DC3 Scouting Report Powerpoint: Download Here

Fictional Draft Class 4 is now available for download.
Gamertag: Blak0ut215
(In the Gamertag that is a zero and not the letter O)
Version 1 File Name: SimWorld FDC4 Gold
Version 2 File Name: SimWorld FDC4 Silver
Version 3 File Name: SimWorld FDC4 Bronze

Link to DC4 Scouting Report Powerpoint: Download Here
Link to DC4 Scouting Report PDF: Will be available soon

Fictional Draft Class 5 is now available for download.
Gamertag: CWSapp757
Version 1 File Name: SimWorld FDC5 Gold
Version 2 File Name: SimWorld FDC5 Silver
Version 3 File Name: SimWorld FDC5 Bronze

Link to Simplified DC5 Scouting Report:
Download Here

Prospect Pool, Newsfeeds & Scouting Reports
SimWorld NBA2K17 Draft Class Central

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

HELP US HELP YOU:
SIGN PETITION HERE
#SimWorldSports #SeeTheGameBeTheGame

Last edited by CWSapp757; 07-18-2017 at 11:00 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-13-2016, 12:33 PM   #2
SimWorld C.E.O.

ronyell's Arena

OVR: 21
SimWorld's College Hoops Hub Archive

ARCHIVING ALL OF THE CHAMPIONS, AWARD WINNERS & IMPORTANT EVENTS

YEAR 1
Spoiler

YEAR 2

Spoiler

Last edited by ronyell; 01-20-2017 at 01:28 PM.
Old 08-13-2016, 01:47 PM   #3
SimWorld NBA 2K Guru

Dreece's Arena

OVR: 19
Re: SimWorld Presents: The NBA2K17 Fictional Draft Class Thread (for Xbox One)

Reserved....
Old 08-16-2016, 04:48 PM   #4
SimWorld C.E.O.

ronyell's Arena

DC1's Preseason All-Americans

Last edited by ronyell; 08-16-2016 at 08:45 PM.
Old 08-18-2016, 01:27 PM   #5
SimWorld C.E.O.

ronyell's Arena

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-20-2016, 11:35 AM   #6
SimWorld C.E.O.

ronyell's Arena

Last edited by ronyell; 08-20-2016 at 11:41 AM.
Old 08-29-2016, 03:21 PM   #7
SimWorld C.E.O.

ronyell's Arena

Old 09-06-2016, 10:06 PM   #8
SimWorld C.E.O.

ronyell's Arena

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball Rosters »