Home

Old 08-11-2016, 07:51 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 1
I quit

Why don't people accept when you concede the game? I quit my first game ever. I was getting beat 6-0 in the first. I was the away team. No matter what I threw where it was in the zone or not, he just crushed it. So, I offered to concede. He said no. I did friendly quit. He said no. So, I quit. But, I hope it doesn't look bad on my report.

I just don't understand why he couldn't accept the conceding. It's irritating when people don't accept.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-11-2016, 08:14 PM   #2
Banned

daflyboys's Arena

OVR: 27
Re: I quit

This is easy. The world is full of douchebags. They're there in high school, college, work, your neighborhood, in church, parking lots..... some happen to come online and play games.
Old 08-11-2016, 08:22 PM   #3
Chaos Theory

19's Arena

OVR: 29

I guess I'm a douchebag?

I never accept a friendly quit/concede if I'm winning, just take the L and move on. I will accept a friendly quit if tied or if the lag is unbearable.
Old 08-11-2016, 08:31 PM   #4
Banned

daflyboys's Arena

OVR: 27

Sorry, maybe I don't understand what a friendly quit means. The thing is that is seems so important to have your record be a certain way online. It really doesn't.
Old 08-11-2016, 08:32 PM   #5
MVP

ph33's Arena

OVR: 0
Cool Re: I quit

Is there a difference? When I've taken a Battle Royale loss and didn't feel like continuing on, I would just quit the next game instantly without conceding. Am I screwing myself or something?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-11-2016, 08:41 PM   #6
MVP

mikeq672's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by ph33
Is there a difference? When I've taken a Battle Royale loss and didn't feel like continuing on, I would just quit the next game instantly without conceding. Am I screwing myself or something?
DNF%? I dunno, who cares about that.

When I played online I never use to let someone concede, usually they would play like a douche, get smoked, and then wanna concede, not happening.
Old 08-11-2016, 08:45 PM   #7
Chaos Theory

19's Arena

OVR: 29

Quote:
Originally Posted by daflyboys
Sorry, maybe I don't understand what a friendly quit means. The thing is that is seems so important to have your record be a certain way online. It really doesn't.
If you're trying to move up a division in Diamond Dynasty, your record, or in MLB's case rating, does matter.

When you friendly quit, it's as if the game never happened. No stats or innings get recorded. Your rating does not increase. That's my primary reason for never accepting, I want my stats to count towards my challenges, and I want my rating to increase. It can be quite the grind if you don't try to maximize your rating points after each game if you're trying to get to WS.

I don't think that's unreasonable at all.
Old 08-11-2016, 08:56 PM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by 19
If you're trying to move up a division in Diamond Dynasty, your record, or in MLB's case rating, does matter.

When you friendly quit, it's as if the game never happened. No stats or innings get recorded. Your rating does not increase. That's my primary reason for never accepting, I want my stats to count towards my challenges, and I want my rating to increase. It can be quite the grind if you don't try to maximize your rating points after each game if you're trying to get to WS.

I don't think that's unreasonable at all.
That's why I always offer the concede. I don't offer friendly quit cause nobody wants to do that anyway. I'm fine with getting beat. I just don't understand why someone wants to sit and play out a whole game while they are up big in the 1st inning. I know I don't want to sit there and go through that.

I too hate the people that play like clowns for like half the game and want to friendly quit or then they just quit.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > Diamond Dynasty »