Home

Offensive Lineman Injury Generator

This is a discussion on Offensive Lineman Injury Generator within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 08-11-2016, 04:21 PM   #1
Speak it into existence

jeremym480's Arena

OVR: 39
Offensive Lineman Injury Generator

I've been working on a OL Injury Generator and I figured I would share it to get some more ideas/feedback. This is mainly geared towards online franchises, but there's no reason you can use it for your team in offline franchises, as well. I've only added injuries for each teams starters because having a backup get injured doesn't really solve the problem of not having to worry about your offensive line depth.

* This spreadsheet would actually work much better in Excel, however I am using Google Spreadsheet since not everyone has Excel. With Google Spreadsheets you have to add an extra step of copy and pasting your list because (as far as I can tell) you can't turn of automatic calculations, so your list regenerates anytime you enter anything.

I think that this is fairly easy to understand, but I'll give a quick overview and hopefully it isn't too confusing. Really all you have to do is enter the week that you're in your injuries will automatically generate. That will give your number of injured players, who those players are, the number of weeks that they're out and a return week.

Important: Once you generate a list Copy it then Paste it off to the side, because if you change anything else, then a new list will be generated.

Also after you paste the list of to the side, then you can sort by what column that your return week is in and that will give you an easy list of when players can return. On this spreadsheet I only have 1-5 injuries and have injury length set at 1 to 8 weeks, but you can change that to you whatever amounts that you want. You can also choose whether your own injury frequency injuries to be weekly, bi-weekly, every 4 weeks, etc.
*I have every 4 weeks shown in my examples off to the right.

I think that's pretty much it for now. If you're somewhat familiar with excel, then it shouldn't be too difficult. Just go in and play with it and you'll be able to pick it up fairly easily. If you don't you Excel a lot, then this may be a little confusing at first, but if you have any questions I'll be happy to help you along.

Here's the link:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...it?usp=sharing

Alabama Crimson Tide
Green Bay Packers
Boston Celtics

New Orleans Pelicans
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-11-2016, 04:43 PM   #2
MVP

ForUntoOblivionSoar∞'s Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Offensive Lineman Injury Generator

This is cool but what is the purpose? Go slow, pretend I'm dense.
Old 08-11-2016, 04:55 PM   #3
MVP

SolidSquid's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by ForUntoOblivionSoar∞
Olinemen don't get hurt in madden unless they get tackled or tackle someone. An injury generated would simulate offensive linemen injuries for you and you would manually "injure" the player but moving him down on the depth chart or something like that.
Old 08-11-2016, 05:00 PM   #4
Speak it into existence

jeremym480's Arena

OVR: 39

Quote:
Originally Posted by ForUntoOblivionSoar∞
Pretty much what SoildSquid said. Lineman don't get injured except in sims so if you only play user games, then you never have to worry about carrying depth offensive line.

This means as long as you have good starters, then you can fill the rest of your line with garbage players which in turn can give teams more cap space because they don't have to worry about decent backups.

Alabama Crimson Tide
Green Bay Packers
Boston Celtics

New Orleans Pelicans
Old 08-11-2016, 05:02 PM   #5
MVP

ForUntoOblivionSoar∞'s Arena

Wow. I applaud you for this workaround. A shame EA couldn't do this.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-11-2016, 05:07 PM   #6
Rookie

I've ran no huddle before and after huddling realized I've had back backup lineman in because of fatigue. I still carry decent backup lineman. I'd hate to see what would happen if I didn't.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk
Old 08-11-2016, 05:33 PM   #7
Hall of Fame

jb12780's Arena

OVR: 23

5 stars sir. Well done.

One quick question. How would you change it so max injury length is 16?

Last edited by jb12780; 08-11-2016 at 06:04 PM.
Old 08-11-2016, 06:23 PM   #8
Rookie

ednaaard's Arena

This is awesome. It took me a while to realise how to use it, so for those who were confused like me who don't play online CFM...

Just change the week number as each week goes on, and if your team and the position comes up in the generated box, take that player out.

I'll use this in Madden 17, because I was guilty of abusing the O-Line depth bug, which is why I never faced any salary cap issues or dilemmas.

Thanks.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »