Home

Rise Above the Madden Rebuild

This is a discussion on Rise Above the Madden Rebuild within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 08-06-2016, 11:12 AM   #1
Executive Editor

RaychelSnr's Arena

OVR: 57
Rise Above the Madden Rebuild

"Time for a rebuild!" That's a phrase that gets a Madden gamer more excited than perhaps any, yet is a phrase that is wholly unoriginal at this point.

The word "rebuild" or "re-build" turns up 17 times through the first 11 pages of the Madden 17 Franchise thread. When I searched for the word "established," not a single match.

Perhaps it's our love obsession with the NFL Draft, the next big thing or just proving to the world we can easily outwit the guy with the masters in business/sports management running the team in real life who's competing against real-life adversaries as opposed to Madden's (cough) team-management AI.

These sort of threads all start the exact same way, weaving the same boring story told over and over again: "I traded up and drafted my franchise QB!" In Madden, is that even a challenge? Should we be that impressed?

Read More - Rise Above the Madden Rebuild
Platform: PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox One
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-06-2016, 11:48 AM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 0
Would the Eagles be considered as an anti-rebuild?
Old 08-06-2016, 03:00 PM   #3
Rookie

Yeah I agree. I'd prefer a team that is not already in a full blown rebuilding phase and that is why I am picking the Washington Redskins. Yeah they made the playoffs, but are far from a Super Bowl contender. They have big time players but also interesting questions at many position. I am super excited for Madden 17
Old 08-06-2016, 03:17 PM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 2
I personally think NY Jets count as a anti rebuild but looking at the Madden Stats they are one of the bottom teams. Looking through the team overalls you wouldn't want to place any bets on the season based on the Madden rankings.

Laughable really.

Not sure how they work out or adjust the overalls but I'd have though starting with how teams finished last year is a good place to start.

Clearly they don't
Old 08-06-2016, 03:21 PM   #5
Pro

BreakingBad2013's Arena

Re: Rise Above the Madden Rebuild

Madden ratings system does not allow for a true rebuild. The players play too similarly, good players are easy to get, and you don't have any scheme/team chemistry influence. Also with a lackluster draft system, it's too easy to hit on picks. A rebuild in madden take one, at most two seasons. But depending on your skill level of madden, you can win multiple Superbowls with Cleveland without addressing any major roster concerns.

And this has been my biggest issue with madden CFM. The ratings mattering and being more spread out will single-handedly fix Madden's parity.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-06-2016, 03:34 PM   #6
Rookie

By far one of the best articles I've actually read in awhile..
Old 08-06-2016, 04:13 PM   #7
MVP

OVR: 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by BreakingBad2013
Madden ratings system does not allow for a true rebuild. The players play too similarly, good players are easy to get, and you don't have any scheme/team chemistry influence. Also with a lackluster draft system, it's too easy to hit on picks. A rebuild in madden take one, at most two seasons. But depending on your skill level of madden, you can win multiple Superbowls with Cleveland without addressing any major roster concerns.

And this has been my biggest issue with madden CFM. The ratings mattering and being more spread out will single-handedly fix Madden's parity.
agree with this.. a rebuild in Madden is not a challenge.
In the future Madden needs to add a slider which dictates how many franchise players are in any given draft. Similar to the feature in NBA2k's gm/my league mode.

Madden should be more strategical when it come sto drafts. football is an in depth sport and is poorly reflected in drafts. seriously a star based system that is capped similar to a APF2k system would do wonders also.
it would really force teams to think strategically when drafting for future drafts, and better reflect parity that exists in the NFL.

this isnt an anti Madden comment just pointing out fhat long term planning in a franchise mode is too bare-boned in Madden football. and Im speaking of past Madden releases not this upcoming release.
Old 08-06-2016, 05:23 PM   #8
MVP

OVR: 1
Re: Rise Above the Madden Rebuild

as a 49ers plan anything i can do to get a normal steady pocket passer who can get the ball within 3 ft of his own players would be my aim, and an oline to protect him

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »