Home

Is there 32 team control in Madden 17 and how is it achieved?

This is a discussion on Is there 32 team control in Madden 17 and how is it achieved? within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 08-04-2016, 09:30 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 7
Is there 32 team control in Madden 17 and how is it achieved?

I've tried to read through that CPU vs. CPU thread and I'm still not getting it. Is this a process where I have to create 32 coach profiles because that would be too much to go through. I haven't bought this game since Madden 07 on PS2. The lack of this feature and a good Franchise Mode has prevented me from buying for 10 years. Haven't been on this forum in 7 months.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-04-2016, 09:31 PM   #2
Hoos Rising

CM Hooe's Arena

OVR: 45
Re: Is there 32 team control in Madden 17 and how is it achieved?

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftychampleone
Is this a process where I have to create 32 coach profiles because that would be too much to go through.
This is currently the process required for you to execute to have a 32-team league, yes.
Old 08-04-2016, 09:37 PM   #3
Rookie

Oh dear God no. Wow. How long does it take to create a coaching profile? I only want to control run one squad and the CPU can do the roster work for the other teams. If I see a bad move on another team, I want to jump in.
Old 08-04-2016, 09:40 PM   #4
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

OVR: 44

Quote:
Oh dear God no. Wow. How long does it take to create a coaching profile? I only want to control run one squad and the CPU can do the roster work for the other teams. If I see a bad move on another team, I want to jump in.
20-30 seconds if that.
Old 08-04-2016, 09:50 PM   #5
Rookie

Smile Re: Is there 32 team control in Madden 17 and how is it achieved?

Quote:
Oh is that so?! I'm interested now. I know that there's full player editing so that is a plus. So how does watching CPU vs. CPU work? I'm reading something about a skip to end option on Moments and super slow sim to make it work. What are these "moments"? Key plays or something? I'm really behind on Madden features. :-)
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-05-2016, 12:56 AM   #6
Hoos Rising

CM Hooe's Arena

OVR: 45

Quote:
Oh is that so?! I'm interested now. I know that there's full player editing so that is a plus. So how does watching CPU vs. CPU work? I'm reading something about a skip to end option on Moments and super slow sim to make it work. What are these "moments"? Key plays or something? I'm really behind on Madden features. :-)
If you remember Super Sim from the older PS2 Madden games, it's been rebuilt this year (a well-past overdue rebuild). The in-game super-sim now has a speed setting - normal (a play every three seconds or so), fast (plays zoom by as fast as the game can produce them), and slow (you watch the CPU play itself). So to get CPU v CPU, you'd start the game and Super-Sim it in-game on slow speed.

Play The Moments is, on paper, one of my favorite new features in the game this year. Basically it uses the Super-Sim engine to simulate your games, but it tosses control back you the user for key plays, red zone opportunities, defensive stands, and two minute drills. Think of it as sorta like Madden meets NFL Redzone Channel; you play the highlights and the game takes care of getting to them.

The intent of Play The Moments is to get you the user through more games faster so you can get deeper into franchise mode; more offseasons, more drafts, etc. Tiburon claims the average Play The Moments game will take 20 minutes (as opposed to a 60 minute "full game" experience).
Old 08-05-2016, 01:35 AM   #7
Pro

Lexicon's Arena

OVR: 16

In the past few years, it takes me about 30 minutes total to setup a 32 team Franchise. I have to tweak settings for each owner, so it takes a few seconds longer. It's quite the headache, but you (hopefully) only have to do it once.
Old 08-05-2016, 08:24 AM   #8
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by CM Hooe
If you remember Super Sim from the older PS2 Madden games, it's been rebuilt this year (a well-past overdue rebuild). The in-game super-sim now has a speed setting - normal (a play every three seconds or so), fast (plays zoom by as fast as the game can produce them), and slow (you watch the CPU play itself). So to get CPU v CPU, you'd start the game and Super-Sim it in-game on slow speed.

Play The Moments is, on paper, one of my favorite new features in the game this year. Basically it uses the Super-Sim engine to simulate your games, but it tosses control back you the user for key plays, red zone opportunities, defensive stands, and two minute drills. Think of it as sorta like Madden meets NFL Redzone Channel; you play the highlights and the game takes care of getting to them.

The intent of Play The Moments is to get you the user through more games faster so you can get deeper into franchise mode; more offseasons, more drafts, etc. Tiburon claims the average Play The Moments game will take 20 minutes (as opposed to a 60 minute "full game" experience).
I CLEARLY see it as the Redzone Channel based on your explanation. Play the Moments sound SICK! I can jump in if the Patriots are trying to make a comeback in the last two minutes and I can try to stop them on defense so I can play a different team in the playoffs or SB.

So with full on player editing (Finally!), I can editing ratings on players and other stuff on my team and any other teams all year long?!

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »