Home

Will 2k17 MyPark be basically the same? Yo! I got next! (5 ideas to fix it)

This is a discussion on Will 2k17 MyPark be basically the same? Yo! I got next! (5 ideas to fix it) within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare
View Poll Results: Will 2k17 MyPark be basically the same as before?
Yes, with minor changes. 28 77.78%
No, this will be the year they re-vamp multiplayer in 2k17! 8 22.22%
Voters: 36. You may not vote on this poll

Old 08-03-2016, 04:55 PM   #1
Banned

SirGaryColeman's Arena

OVR: 0
Will 2k17 MyPark be basically the same? Yo! I got next! (5 ideas to fix it)

If we're forced to re-live the craziness that is MyPark, here are 5 easy fixes to make it less crap:

- Let us do fun stuff while we wait on the Circle for the next game. (use animations/better camera view of the game) this can help us kill the waiting time and they could include animations that signal to other players "Hey! There's an opening here, come play with us!" or let us use animations that Cheer/Boo the people currently playing.

- More STATS! Way more stats! During the player intros - every player should have their stats above their heads (and not just the 3 they have now). Player of the game, would be nice too.

- More DAILY leaderboard/recognition. It sucks that only a few players (that play 24/7) will ever get any "reward" for how they play.

- More identifiable info on our MyPlayers. If someone is walking around the park and is on a 10 game winning streak, they should have something that shows it (A fire icon, a red circle under them, etc...)

- Rival stats. In GTA V, it keeps track of someone that has killed you and considers them your rival if they kill you a lot. I'd love it if it tracked that my current W-L vs Bob is 20-2. Builds community.

- Improve Quality of Presentation (clothes, courts, audio) - we have been getting the same clothes every year and the parks look like they need a big update... the Sound Design is terrible and even annoying... and when will they ever update the "Hey Yo! I got next!" actor??

There are way more things that would make the park better, but i tried to limit it to stuff that wouldn't take as much effort/re-design.

Last edited by SirGaryColeman; 08-18-2016 at 03:21 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-03-2016, 09:39 PM   #2
MVP

MontanaMan's Arena

Re: Will 2k17 MyPark be basically the same? Yo! I got next! (5 ideas to fix it)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirGaryColeman
If we're forced to re-live the craziness that is MyPark, here are 5 easy fixes to make it less crap:

- Let us use MyPark Animations while we wait on those circles... this can help us kill the waiting time and they could include animations that signal to other players "Hey! There's an opening here, come play with us!"
While we're talking about saving time, let us join our friends from the menu screen PLEASE.

Quote:
- More STATS! Way more stats! During the player intros - every player should have their stats above their heads (and not just the 3 they have now). Player of the game, would be nice too.
I like Player of the Game.

The park leaderboards need to be based on averages, not totals. I hate seeing cheesers who just happen to have ton of games played make the leaderboards. It seems to reward quantity over quality of play.

Quote:
- More DAILY leaderboard/recognition. It sucks that only a few players (that play 24/7) will ever get any "reward" for how they play.
True.

Quote:
- More identifiable info on our MyPlayers. If someone is walking around the park and is on a 10 game winning streak, they should have something that shows it (A fire icon, a red circle under them, etc...)
Yes.

Quote:
- Rival stats. In GTA V, it keeps track of someone that has killed you and considers them your rival if they kill you a lot. I'd love it if it tracked that my current W-L vs Bob is 20-2. Builds community.
They already track those mini achievements, so I think it should be based things like "dunk on someone who dunked on you" or "steal from someone who stole from you" and build the rivalries that way.

Quote:
- Improve Quality of Presentation (clothes, courts, audio) - we have been getting the same clothes every year and the parks look like they need a big update... the Sound Design is terrible and even annoying...
http://www.operationsports.com/forum...es-thread.html

Nothing I can say about accessories and clothes that hasn't already been said there.

The park sound design for Old Town and Rivet make me wanna kill myself.
Old 08-04-2016, 01:14 AM   #3
Rookie

I love your ideas!!! I hope it's not the same. It's not bad this year but it could be a lot better.
Old 08-04-2016, 03:47 AM   #4
MVP

SeaTownGamer's Arena

Call of duty style lobbies, I hate waiting to get 3 lol
Old 08-04-2016, 05:00 AM   #5
Rookie

Private lobby for park and rec center.

Say I want to have an open rec where me and friends or rivals only want to play then I can just invite guys to my lobby and now one else can join.

This works great because sometimes you just want to play with friends or you and friends want to play against rivals but its impossible to find empty courts in park and rec(if rec is back)

Also private pro-am invites which should help guys run pro-am leagues better.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-04-2016, 10:57 AM   #6
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nine.Six.Melo
Private lobby for park and rec center.

Say I want to have an open rec where me and friends or rivals only want to play then I can just invite guys to my lobby and now one else can join.

This works great because sometimes you just want to play with friends or you and friends want to play against rivals but its impossible to find empty courts in park and rec(if rec is back)

Also private pro-am invites which should help guys run pro-am leagues better.
This.

Need private lobbies for pro am leagues.
Old 08-04-2016, 02:58 PM   #7
Banned

SirGaryColeman's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by MontanaMan
While we're talking about saving time, let us join our friends from the menu screen PLEASE.
How'd I forget that one? That definitely needs to be there. You should also be able to Invite friends from the park, so they don't have to load into one and then load into yours.

Honestly, I think they need to re-do the whole thing (better lobby system/matchmaking), but they never do... If they can just fix the details, then it would make it easier to live with.
Old 08-04-2016, 03:59 PM   #8
MVP

strawberryshortcake's Arena

OVR: 3

I don't play online so obviously no MyPark for me.

Does 2k have "practice" courts surrounding the actual to MyPark courts housing a real game?

Instead of having to stand idle doing absolutely nothing why doesn't 2k simply allow the user to mark his "next" spot with his/her name (you can only mark one "next" spot) and have a 1 on 1 match up or 2 on 2 matchup or a game of horse that doesn't count directly on the practice court.

Once the "next" spot is up to bat so to speak, the 1 on 1, or 2 on 2, or whatever other activity simply ceases, and the player jumps straight into their real MyPark match. The 1 on 1 and 2 on 2 can take place on the same practice court because it doesn't count. Just a "practice court"

There could be some type of flashing indicator over the top of the players on the practice courts that let's everyone know that the official MyPark game is about to be over.
Madden/Live Animations Walking, Throwing

Last edited by strawberryshortcake; 08-04-2016 at 04:25 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »