Home

Online dynasty newbie

This is a discussion on Online dynasty newbie within the NCAA Football Online forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football > NCAA Football Online
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 07-26-2016, 10:52 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Online dynasty newbie

Hi guys, I am new to OS. I have been a huge fan of real college football and ea ncaa football series since ncaa 2004. I bought the game almost every year. I usually was very happy with it except a couple of years (2008 sucked). 2013 was ok but gameplay lacked. I got the bug again with college football about to start. I went ahead and bought 2014 and been very impressed with gameplay. I never played online with 2013 or 2012. Now I want to play online dynasties so I have some questions.....
1. If someone could give me a rundown on some things I may not know as a
First timer.
2. How fast does the season progress? I signed up for 1 but the commish is taking his time advancing.
3. I know a green dot means you are ready to advance but what does a green dot with an airplane mean?
4. What are dynasty time savers?
5. Can I edit my coach name?
6. Do I need to be able to talk during agame? What do I need?

I like to play real strategy football. No arcade crap for me. Sure I will throw long from time to time but I will punt 98% of the time and I try to use whole playbook.
My PS3 name is Megagavin (it's my sons name and he made it when he was 9, he's something like "dark lord assassin3482" now on ps4, lol) I am looking to get in aleague PS3 with no arcade stuff or cheaters. Thanks guys.

A long time ago I was "locke888" over at utopia before it shutdown....a long time ago.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-26-2016, 11:18 AM   #2
Rookie

GoldenKnee's Arena

Re: Online dynasty newbie

I'm always glad to help a former utopian out

2. A lot of things come up in life that don't allow someone to play their game. The more people in the dynasty, the slower it will usually go. The fastest one I have been in was one with 4 people and we went through a whole season in about a week.

3. A green dot with an arrow means you are on autopilot. If you are going to be away for a while it is a good way to not hold up the rest of the dynasty.

4. I've never used them but they're just little 'cheats' so recruiting doesn't take as long. Compared to past games where you had to call each recruit and choose pitches, recruiting this year is a breeze.

5. If create a coach is allowed it would have let you when you joined.

6. Nah most people don't want/care to talk in game.

A common word for strategy football is 'sim'. Ask a commish if it is sim football if you want realistic gameplay
Old 07-26-2016, 11:42 AM   #3
Rookie

Autopilot means cpu takes over until you are back, got it.

Damn I think it asked me to create a coach. I screwed up then, I thought I would just be urban Meyer not "coach coach".

Thanks for the advice.

Can a commish force a game to play? One of the guys is Ta&m and he is supposed to play Kentucky but doesn't seem to want to do it. How does that work when someone refuses to play their game?
Old 07-26-2016, 11:48 AM   #4
Rookie

I took over an Ohio state team in week 2. The cpu had already done the recruiting. I noticed that it had put 300, 200, 100 or zero points on all targeted players on the recruiting board. I have read the entire "recruiting tips" thread. The conclusion there was that the cpu would put max points on as many recruits as possible and the rest would be zeroed. Did ea change the recruiting AI for the cpu?
Just curious.

Last edited by Locke888; 07-26-2016 at 01:33 PM.
Old 07-26-2016, 01:59 PM   #5
MVP

rkwittem's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Locke888
Autopilot means cpu takes over until you are back, got it.

Damn I think it asked me to create a coach. I screwed up then, I thought I would just be urban Meyer not "coach coach".

Thanks for the advice.

Can a commish force a game to play? One of the guys is Ta&m and he is supposed to play Kentucky but doesn't seem to want to do it. How does that work when someone refuses to play their game?
I can answer this. If two people can't/won't play. The commish can just "sim" their game by advancing to the next week when everyone is ready.

If another user refuses to play but the one wants to, a fair amount of negotiation and diplomacy has to happen where the user who refuses to play gets their 2 cents in about why they cannot or will not play.

Ultimately there is no right answer since the "loser" will always assume they got jobbed.

Quote:
I took over an Ohio state team in week 2. The cpu had already done the recruiting. I noticed that it had put 300, 200, 100 or zero points on all targeted players on the recruiting board. I have read the entire "recruiting tips" thread. The conclusion there was that the cpu would put max points on as many recruits as possible and the rest would be zeroed. Did ea change the recruiting AI for the cpu?
Just curious.
No, the recruiting AI hasn't changed to my knowledge. It is however, strange that the CPU coach would only allocate 0-300 total points to recruits. Urban Meyer has a maxed out recruiting tree (or very close) so he should be able to dump 700 into a player.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-26-2016, 04:14 PM   #6
Rookie

Quote:
Hi guys, I am new to OS. I have been a huge fan of real college football and ea ncaa football series since ncaa 2004. I bought the game almost every year. I usually was very happy with it except a couple of years (2008 sucked). 2013 was ok but gameplay lacked. I got the bug again with college football about to start. I went ahead and bought 2014 and been very impressed with gameplay. I never played online with 2013 or 2012. Now I want to play online dynasties so I have some questions.....
1. If someone could give me a rundown on some things I may not know as a
First timer.
2. How fast does the season progress? I signed up for 1 but the commish is taking his time advancing.
3. I know a green dot means you are ready to advance but what does a green dot with an airplane mean?
4. What are dynasty time savers?
5. Can I edit my coach name?
6. Do I need to be able to talk during agame? What do I need?

I like to play real strategy football. No arcade crap for me. Sure I will throw long from time to time but I will punt 98% of the time and I try to use whole playbook.
My PS3 name is Megagavin (it's my sons name and he made it when he was 9, he's something like "dark lord assassin3482" now on ps4, lol) I am looking to get in aleague PS3 with no arcade stuff or cheaters. Thanks guys.

A long time ago I was "locke888" over at utopia before it shutdown....a long time ago.
Utopia is still "alive" (now Nutopia) - 95% has nothing to do with NCAA Football. There are a few of us that still play in 2 XBox 360 ODs.

http://www.nutopiasports.com/index.php

There is also a Facebook page with plenty of PS3 ODs.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/Ncaa...?ref=bookmarks

Last edited by NavyHog; 07-26-2016 at 04:17 PM. Reason: More info
Old 07-26-2016, 05:08 PM   #7
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by NavyHog
Utopia is still "alive" (now Nutopia) - 95% has nothing to do with NCAA Football. There are a few of us that still play in 2 XBox 360 ODs.

There is also a Facebook page with plenty of PS3 ODs.
I tried signing up to the site but it will not send me a confirmation email. I don't know what the deal is with that. I had the same problem here, but a mod fixed it. I've sent a few messages through the contact us link at utopia but no one helps or answers. Oh well, I'll be fine right here.
Old 07-27-2016, 12:02 PM   #8
Rookie

Is anyone running an All-American level league? I would really like to get into one on PS3. Trust me no cheese from me.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football > NCAA Football Online »