Home

Getting traded in RTTS

This is a discussion on Getting traded in RTTS within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 07-26-2016, 09:46 AM   #1
Rookie

smallclone's Arena

OVR: 0
Getting traded in RTTS

I'm at the Indians. I have had a pretty good start to my career, signed a 98m$ contract (6 year) I have just won the AL MVP.

But I want to leave. The Indians keep trading our best pitchers in for prospect outfielders! There is no direction in the ball club, as the roster is totally balanced towards hitting not pitching which is reflected in our performances. I've asked to be traded in for a season now but nothing has come up.

Will I have to wait to see out my contract?
Is it done randomly?
Do I have to keep asking for a trade request?

I understand I signed a long contract but the ball clubs ambitions and management decisions are clearly not matching my own, or anybody of sound mind.

Thanks for the help.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-26-2016, 10:57 AM   #2
MVP

HypoLuxa13's Arena

Re: Getting traded in RTTS

This is one reason why I never sign more than a 2-3 year deal with any team once I reach free agency in RttS. Sometimes the CPU logic makes no sense. Not just trading away good players for other players that aren't needed. Also, stacking some positions with good players while leaving other positions with scrubs. Nothing worse than being a high rated player at your position, but for some reason your team trades for an All Star at the same position.

You may have to see out your contract, but trades are not random. If you are very highly rated and making a lot of money, it will be that much harder for your team to find a suitable trade for you. I have always continued to ask for a trade as often as possible if I'm in a situation like that. I think you can ask every 7-8 days. I don't know if it actually helps, though.
Old 07-26-2016, 12:18 PM   #3
Rookie

They need to rework RTTS logic. As it stands now I'll always just sign 1 year deals at near minimum because there is no point to making money or signing long term.

In my instances with your situation I have basically had to just keep requesting the trade every chance it gives me and then just hope they oblige. With your contract, however, it may be difficult for them to move you.
Old 07-27-2016, 02:57 AM   #4
Rookie

Frostball's Arena

I have in past RTTS signed 10 year deals with teams for a low amount that way it gives them money hopefully to sign other great players, sometimes work some times doesnt, as for being traded I usually only get traded when I don't want to be traded, sorry I couldnt have been more help with that
Old 07-27-2016, 04:08 AM   #5
Rookie

smallclone's Arena

Ok thanks anyway. I was over the moon to get a "$98m deal", I guess I should have thought more carefully. I'll definitely only sign 3 year deals or less in future.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-27-2016, 04:39 PM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 2

The only times I've ever tried to get traded, it never seemed to happen. From what I've heard, it will happen eventually if you keep at it but it may take a long time, especially if you have a big contract.

Fortunately, since MLB The Show now has instantaneous trades, it makes it much easier for me to craft my RTTS team the way I want. If my team makes a trade I don't like, I simply back out and reload my previous saved game. Actually sometimes I push the Trade Slider to 10 and sim the few days between my starting pitcher's starts multiple times to see if the AI makes a trade I like. Doing this I was able to fill some of the obvious holes that the AI seems to like creating if left to it's own devices.

Backing out to a previous save is a bit more annoying when you're an everyday player. In that case if I wanted to induce a trade, I would push the Trade Slider to 10 but would also have to exit out after every game so that it could save my progress. I usually only do this during June or July since it would take a lot longer having to load every game. The rest of the time, I would shift the Trade Slider to 0 so my team can't make any trades.

Last edited by Mekias; 07-27-2016 at 04:43 PM.
Old 07-27-2016, 06:15 PM   #7
The Designated Hitter

BA2929's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by smallclone
Ok thanks anyway. I was over the moon to get a "$98m deal", I guess I should have thought more carefully. I'll definitely only sign 3 year deals or less in future.
Honestly you shouldn't have to think more carefully about what kind of a deal you sign. If a team can't afford a $98 million, multi-year deal and it hurts them in other areas of the team because of it, then they shouldn't be offering it to you.

Needs adjusting in the future.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »