Home

Idea for Badges

This is a discussion on Idea for Badges within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 07-24-2016, 09:40 AM   #1
Pro

OVR: 0
Idea for Badges

So it seems like people tend to be split on the idea of earning badges online, and one of the reasons I've seen is because who wants to play with multiple PGs trying to earn deadeye or limitless range? or even worse an inside center trying to get killer crossover or deadeye.

Well I was thinking about it, and who would try to get a badge that they wouldn't keep? Not too many people. This is how I would allow badges to be earned online.

So my idea is the badges are tiered in attempts or makes (dependent on the badge)
- 50 (or a number that makes sense for that badge) for bronze, 75 for silver, 100 for gold, and add a new tier like platinum and make it much much harder so in this example it would be like 250 for the last badge.

- Make badges have an erosion timer on them if unused. Now this wouldn't be super fast but it would be there where after a certain amount of attempts or games if a badge goes unused it goes from platinum to gold, to silver, to bronze, to no badge.

- This system would encourage people to shoot for harder badges for the ones they actually use (hence the much higher 4th tier), and it would discourage grinding for a badge you'll rarely if ever use, due to it the erosion of it when you never use it.

- This would also make people a little more unique. You might run into a 99 overall with very few badges because that's all he does, maybe he's an inside center without a post fadeaway badge because he never uses it.

Last edited by Chemthethriller; 07-24-2016 at 09:52 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-24-2016, 09:45 AM   #2
MVP

SeaTownGamer's Arena

Re: Idea for Badges

Too much grinding. Let us earn badges in MyPark and Pro-Am also instead of being forced to play mycareer.
Old 07-24-2016, 09:50 AM   #3
Pro

Mbunn1993's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeaTownGamer
Too much grinding. Let us earn badges in MyPark and Pro-Am also instead of being forced to play mycareer.
I think this would be a good idea, I just don't think it would happen because people would probably grind for badges instead of playing legit and handicap other people's games that are just trying to play the normal way

Last edited by Mbunn1993; 07-24-2016 at 09:52 AM.
Old 07-24-2016, 09:50 AM   #4
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeaTownGamer
That's what I'm saying, earn it online, basically just add erosion for unused badges, this way it discourages people wasting your games as they grind for badges they will never use.
Old 07-24-2016, 09:51 AM   #5
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mbunn1993
I think this would be a good idea. Allow us to get badges like it is in MyCareer, but have separate MyPark/ProAm badges earned from playing those modes.

I just don't think it would happen because people would probably grind for badges instead of playing legit and handicap other people's games that are just trying to play the normal way
Did you guys read the idea?! lol This is was addressed in my idea.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-24-2016, 09:52 AM   #6
Pro

Mbunn1993's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chemthethriller
Did you guys read the idea?! lol This is was addressed in my idea.
Yes I read it I just thought you meant something differently lol
Old 07-24-2016, 10:04 AM   #7
Pro

Mbunn1993's Arena

I just don't think it would discourage people from still focusing on grinding for a certain badge or two instead of earning them over time. I think they'd still be trying to get those ones they do use a lot as quickly as possible and mess up games. Its a good idea but it would still be abused
Old 07-24-2016, 10:56 AM   #8
Banned

Or, go back to 2k14 player builds and allow 7 signature skills again.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »