Home

Start Today

This is a discussion on Start Today within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 07-20-2016, 09:55 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 1
Start Today

I was reading the new NBA 2k17 developer diary and saw a new mode that I would like to see make its way to MLB The Show 17. The mode is not discussed in the diary but seen in the photo that is posted, and it is called "Start Today". "Play with your favorite team as you continue the NBA season from today's date with all of the real NBA stats, standings, and injuries." I would love this mode to be in the show! I continuously find myself starting and restarting my season to try to get it as realistic as possible, and I think I am probably not the only one that would enjoy this mode. What do you guys think?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-20-2016, 10:53 PM   #2
MVP

Rocket32's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Start Today

Quote:
Originally Posted by dlk90514
I was reading the new NBA 2k17 developer diary and saw a new mode that I would like to see make its way to MLB The Show 17. The mode is not discussed in the diary but seen in the photo that is posted, and it is called "Start Today". "Play with your favorite team as you continue the NBA season from today's date with all of the real NBA stats, standings, and injuries." I would love this mode to be in the show! I continuously find myself starting and restarting my season to try to get it as realistic as possible, and I think I am probably not the only one that would enjoy this mode. What do you guys think?
Not sure about others but I for one would definately like the start today mode to be added into The Show.
Old 07-21-2016, 01:11 AM   #3
Rookie

My idea has been for you to pick one team and play your schedule with your results, all while the rest of the league operates based off of real life results.

So only play with whatever teams you wish to control and you have to let the real season start so that the other teams just get updated with happens in real life. If someone gets hurt for the other teams they get hurt in the game, and all stats from other games count for your video game world.

The only thing that is different is the results of your playing and managerial decisions for your team. So the stats in your game won't match up 100% versus real life, because of the impact you have on the game, but they will be very close and replicate what is happening in the sport.
Old 07-21-2016, 08:15 AM   #4
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by dlk90514
Great idea!
Old 07-21-2016, 01:14 PM   #5
Your Go-to TV Expert

Scott's Arena

OVR: 52

The only problem would be fake minor leaguers.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk
Want to follow my Franchises? Join my discord: https://discord.gg/nHbNCWmmGs
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »