Home

Trying not to rage quit my franchise...

This is a discussion on Trying not to rage quit my franchise... within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 07-18-2016, 12:59 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Trying not to rage quit my franchise...

Right now, my Astros are sitting at 9-40. Yea, 9-40.

I played the first 20 games on Legend and went 2-18 while going 7-22 on Hall of Fame difficulty since. I'm sick of the losing. Mostly because of the fashion in which I've lost so much lately. Lost by 1 run often because the cpu seems to have a secret comeback attribute. I mean seriously, the last couple of games they just come back and duplicate or 1 up anything I do on offensive the very next inning. I'm trying to fight through it and just take the losing season as time to improve but I play every game, every pitch. Hard to imagine going through 113 more games of this knowing we probably have no chance at a playoff run this early.

Someone. Talk me out of quiting my franchise. Please.

Sent from my SM-T280 using Tapatalk
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-18-2016, 01:01 AM   #2
Rookie

JWDixon120's Arena

Re: Trying not to rage quit my franchise...

Lower the difficulty is all I can say. I myself play on HoF with no trades and I'm 36-10 so far with the Astros. There team is very easy to use. I use zone hitting and meter pitching.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 07-18-2016, 01:16 AM   #3
Go Cubs Go

WaitTilNextYear's Arena

OVR: 18

No, sorry, you should quit your franchise, figure out what settings work for you and try again. It's no fun trying to prove something to yourself/others and failing over and over again.

You might consider using Dynamic Difficulty to get an idea of what your skill level is. For the record, I pitch on HoF and bat on All-Star with the pitch speed up a little bit and I feel no compulsion to "play on Legend like the other guys" because I am enjoying my realistically challenging games.
Old 07-18-2016, 01:45 AM   #4
Hall Of Fame

KBLover's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob Bec
Right now, my Astros are sitting at 9-40. Yea, 9-40.

I played the first 20 games on Legend and went 2-18 while going 7-22 on Hall of Fame difficulty since. I'm sick of the losing. Mostly because of the fashion in which I've lost so much lately. Lost by 1 run often because the cpu seems to have a secret comeback attribute. I mean seriously, the last couple of games they just come back and duplicate or 1 up anything I do on offensive the very next inning. I'm trying to fight through it and just take the losing season as time to improve but I play every game, every pitch. Hard to imagine going through 113 more games of this knowing we probably have no chance at a playoff run this early.

Someone. Talk me out of quiting my franchise. Please.

Sent from my SM-T280 using Tapatalk

Don't quit this one.

Why? Use it as an test lab for settings. Then start another Astros franchise when you have something that works for you.

Maybe try All-Star with what you have but lower your sliders (your as in User) a couple notches. Try to make a "Hard All-Star". Or use dynamic difficulty with your existing settings, then when it settles, lock it by putting the Dynamic Difficulty change slider to 0.

But that's what I would use this one for. Either trying Dynamic and letting it feel out your settings or dropping to All-Star, lowering User sliders a notch and trying that.
Old 07-18-2016, 04:05 AM   #5
All Star

Gosens6's Arena

OVR: 26

Drop down to All star for a bit, you don't have to play on the hardest difficulty right away, you get no extra points for that.

Find your footing on all star for awhile, then work your way up. This game is incredibly hard.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-18-2016, 07:06 AM   #6
RLB
Rookie

RLB's Arena

WTNY or KB have both given good advice, if you can tolerate the season your already in, use it for slider adjustments. If not you need to quit and start over and use spring training for those adjustments.

I am just now playing game 3 of my 2016 franchise, I went thru spring training twice to get the sliders set to where the games I played and the cpu games where playing with good solid stats and the difficulty level was right.

As Gosens and JW said, check your ego at the door.
Good luck.

Last edited by RLB; 07-18-2016 at 07:48 AM.
Old 07-18-2016, 09:28 AM   #7
MVP

forme95's Arena

Now I play MoM, but I ended up restarting my franchise after being almost to the end of June, and wish I never quit.

Sent from my HTC One mini using Tapatalk

MLB 23 FOREVER

Madden fun, but, will not buy another till its next gen only and they get rid of the extras (SS/XF, HFA, media, scenarios, game plan) or turn them down considerably.

Just have fun and play :)
Old 07-18-2016, 09:32 AM   #8
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

OVR: 62

I wouldn't quit. You have 113 games left and you could do something magical, something never seen before in the game. Just keep plugging along. If its not meant to be this year, then in the offseason, make the moves needed to put a better product on the field.

I miss the old days of Operation Sports :(

Louisville Cardinals/St.Louis Cardinals

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »