Home

Can we get a 'fun' hockey game again from someone?

This is a discussion on Can we get a 'fun' hockey game again from someone? within the Other Hockey Games forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > Other Hockey Games
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 07-17-2016, 11:27 PM   #1
MVP

OVR: 8
Can we get a 'fun' hockey game again from someone?

Doesn't even have to be NHL, but anything? I think I bought every hockey game from 92 to 2003 from EA, then did NHL 2k2 through 2k6 before it kind of went off the rails too. I try and play the latest NHL games, but I just despise the shot stick and the NHL 94 controls just feel 'off' when trying to play the game. Plus honestly, it's a little frustrating to have ran an NHL 2002 season server with all my friends online and that isn't even possible now. I used to be all about making the game more realistic but at this point I'd just settle for NHL 2002 with updated graphics, not realistic at all but it was really fun to hammer people that had that icon underneath them. Commentary, ugh, lol, if anyone remembers that.

Is there any other 3rd party non-licensed in development? Thanks
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-19-2016, 08:11 AM   #2
MVP

OVR: 15
Re: Can we get a 'fun' hockey game again from someone?

im hoping the guys who made super mega baseball will make a hockey game.
Seeing how they are a Canadian company.

would be sweet having a fun hockey game like that with all fictional players.

Either that or I hope they make NHL Hitz Pro available on ps4. I could play the roller hockey game mode in hitz pro all day long.
Old 07-19-2016, 10:43 AM   #3
Twitch/YouTube: Fiddy14

Fiddy's Arena

OVR: 32

I've been playing NHL Hitz Pro on my 360 with my 8 year old son as of late. Having a blast. I'm going to buy the prior version of it since its 3 vs 3 instead of 5 vs 5.

So much fun.

Even played a few games of NHL Arcade 3 vs 3 from EA.

I try and play NHL 16 on arcade mode to have some fun, but just cant do it for some reason.
http://www.youtube.com/@Fiddy14

Favorite Teams
Pittsburgh Penguins
New York Mets
Cleveland Cavaliers
Cleveland Browns
Notre Dame Fightin Irish
Liverpool FC
Old 07-19-2016, 11:06 AM   #4
MVP

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiddy
I've been playing NHL Hitz Pro on my 360 with my 8 year old son as of late. Having a blast. I'm going to buy the prior version of it since its 3 vs 3 instead of 5 vs 5.

So much fun.

Even played a few games of NHL Arcade 3 vs 3 from EA.

I try and play NHL 16 on arcade mode to have some fun, but just cant do it for some reason.
the goalies in hitZ pro are so fun the play against. so many unique goals and rebounds
Old 07-22-2016, 11:45 PM   #5
MVP

Simple Mathematics's Arena

OVR: 11

Apparently the Super Mega Baseball developers are working on something that is "top secret". They have said in their forums that Super Mega Hockey and Super Mega Football are the two most popular requests.

Now we just pray.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-23-2016, 04:02 PM   #6
Twitch/YouTube: Fiddy14

Fiddy's Arena

OVR: 32

Meh, you know dang well a football one will come first. bah
http://www.youtube.com/@Fiddy14

Favorite Teams
Pittsburgh Penguins
New York Mets
Cleveland Cavaliers
Cleveland Browns
Notre Dame Fightin Irish
Liverpool FC
Old 07-23-2016, 05:11 PM   #7
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 38

I would still argue that NHL Hitz 20-03 is the best arcade style hockey game to date. It's backwards compatible with the Xbox 360, but that system's poor emulation makes the framerate chug compared to how smoothly that game runs on an original Xbox. There's also an Xbox 360-exclusive bug that prevents you from saving in the game's best mode (franchise), so you have to beat it in one sitting and export your leveled up team into season mode instead. The OG Xbox has so many great games that have held up well that it's totally worth keeping one hooked up for how little they cost these days.

Blockey was a really fun 2v2 local multiplayer game on the Xbox 360 that only cost $1. Just don't play the CPU because they cheat on the higher difficulties and are too easy to beat on the lower difficulties.

Rocket League has a hockey mode with ice physics and a puck replacing the soccer ball.

There are hockey players and a hockey arena in the 3v3 local multiplayer game Super Slam Dunk Touchdown. It's still in Early Access on STEAM at the moment.

Some people liked NHL 3 vs. 3 Arcade on the Xbox 360/PlayStation 3, but I wasn't one of them. The gameplay just made me want to go play the real EA NHL games instead, and the options were so limited that you couldn't even use NHL jerseys or save your preferred camera/control settings.

Wayne Gretzky's 3D Hockey (N64) and Rock the Rink (PS1) have also held up pretty well, but just be aware that Rock the Rink won't play properly on certain PS2 slim models if you have one of those.

Last edited by jyoung; 07-23-2016 at 05:15 PM.
Old 07-24-2016, 02:41 AM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 0

I liked Gretzky on the 64 but the problem was it was just 3 on 3. The newer EA games can play close to arcade if you turn up the sliders.

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > Other Hockey Games »