Home

I've just been banned. Please help

This is a discussion on I've just been banned. Please help within the Diamond Dynasty forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > Diamond Dynasty
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 07-09-2016, 11:58 AM   #1
Rookie

Shauwn's Arena

OVR: 0
I've just been banned. Please help

So, I log in late last night, and see a message that said, "You are Banned for cheating, exploiting, market manipulation, Griefing, etc..."

My expression is like,,, whaaaat?!
I check my emails to see what exactly I got banned for... Nothing at all from SDS... I did nothing wrong.
Who do I contact for an explanation and to get this ban lifted?
I sent an email to [email protected] asking for an explanation of what I did wrong, and for the ban to be lifted.

I actually paid real life currency,,, over a couple hundred dollars from the MLB Shop store for stubs to create a competitive team.. I used real life currency, and they can just ban you for hunches and suspicions of any reason they feel like coming up with?

I remember reading about Fatties getting banned, and eventually he got his lifted..

Do I really need to threaten them with a lawyer as well? I paid real life currency to this company for virtual reality money, then used that virtual currency to buy a team by doing collections, working the market, and opening packs... Not only that, but I've spent hours and hours of my free time grinding to get diamond players... I will not start over, nor do I feel I should have to start over..

So they can just pick ppl out of random and Ban them without any proof of wrong doing?

I understand getting a Lawyer over something so trivial and ridiculous such as a wrongful Ban on a video game sounds ludicrous... But, if the ban is not lifted, I will seek my lawyers council regarding this. If he takes the case, I'm 100% certain I will win a settlement...

But do I really want to waste my time taking it this far? If the Ban isn't lifted, and if I can't enjoy playing with the team I created, I guess I will have no choice to contact my lawyer and see what can be done.... If he laughs and says there's nothing he can do, then it will be the last time I give this company my business.. And, I've been playing The Show since the first game came out in 2006....

So, I'd like to know who else I can contact regarding this wrongful ban..

Thank you..
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-09-2016, 12:19 PM   #2

kehlis's Arena

OVR: 41
Re: I've just been banned. Please help

Getting a lawyer involved is both incredibly over the top for a video game and a waste of time.

When you agreed to the TOS you consented to them having the permission to revoke your right to play at any time. There is no "case" to win.

All that said, many had their bans lifted by working with SDS. There are several threads on this. So try and work with them to figure it out and if you don't get the result you want just don't support them in the future. Don't spend money on a lawyer for something so trivial for a losing fight though.

Also, don't break your disk in half.
Old 07-09-2016, 12:31 PM   #3
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by kehlis
Getting a lawyer involved is both incredibly over the top for a video game and a waste of time.

When you agreed to the TOS you consented to them having the permission to revoke your right to play at any time. There is no "case" to win.

All that said, many had their bans lifted by working with SDS. There are several threads on this. So try and work with them to figure it out and if you don't get the result you want just don't support them in the future. Don't spend money on a lawyer for something so trivial for a losing fight though.

Also, don't break your disk in half.
RE: TOS. That is not necessarily correct. It is not an end-all, be-all for SDS to act in bad faith. Every contract has an implied clause of good faith and fair dealing. This requires SDS to maintain honesty in fact and the observance of reasonable commercial standards of fair dealing.

An arbitrary and/or capricious ban of an account would likely be a violation.
Old 07-09-2016, 12:40 PM   #4

kehlis's Arena

OVR: 41

Quote:
Originally Posted by oski96
RE: TOS. That is not necessarily correct. It is not an end-all, be-all for SDS to act in bad faith. Every contract has an implied clause of good faith and fair dealing. This requires SDS to maintain honesty in fact and the observance of reasonable commercial standards of fair dealing.

An arbitrary and/or capricious ban of an account would likely be a violation.
Completely understood.

I just think it's a waste to get a third party involved for a cost rather than to work with SDS on the issue.
Old 07-09-2016, 01:02 PM   #5
Rookie

esham313's Arena

I would say it would not be worth it due to lawyer fees.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-09-2016, 01:14 PM   #6
№¹ Bad Boy.

Ghost Of The Year's Arena

This reminds me of the man who sued Nike after he nearly curbstomped a man to death.
Nike hadn't warned consumers their shoes could be used as a deadly weapon.
It also reminds me of the guy who sued his cleaners for $54 million . The cleaners lost his pair of pants, causing him $2 million in emotional distress and also the cost of having to rent a car every weekend to drive to a different cleaners.

That said, one man cannot win a case like this. This is the kind of case that only a class action lawsuit has a chance, albeit a flimsy one.
Old 07-09-2016, 01:23 PM   #7
#Ace

Speedy's Arena

OVR: 27

You payed over $200 in real life money beyond the $60 price for the game?

I love this game but uh...wow.
It's hard though...especially when I got my neighbor playing their franchise across the street...maybe I will occupy myself with Glamore Magazine.
Old 07-09-2016, 01:45 PM   #8
Banned

Beatles's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shauwn
I actually paid real life currency,,, over a couple hundred dollars from the MLB Shop store for stubs to create a competitive team.. I used real life currency.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > Diamond Dynasty »