Home

AI is still issue.

This is a discussion on AI is still issue. within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 06-27-2016, 06:32 PM   #1
MVP

OVR: 0
AI is still issue.

I tired the AI on pro in many times today after post patch. The AI's stamina management is a lot better than before but I think it's not enough. because the AI is still very aggressive even if they getting strikes and then get stun but they keep attack me continually. In real life, there are aggressive fighters and non-aggressive fighters in stand up. but In this game, the AI of every fighters are very aggressive more than needs. There is no out-boxer style AI and every fighters keep forward steps and throwing strike over and over. It's so bad. It's different issue from management stamina. So, some fighters AI is far away from realistic. They are very unrealistic. For example, JDS is still throwing way more kicks than punches. He is throwing punches over 90% in real life. He is a boxer. but In this game, He used way more kicks as knee, high kick, back spin kick than jab and straight when the fought with me. It's terrible. Jose Aldo seems like grappler in this game because he attempt way more takedowns than in real life. I really hope that this is NOT final version of the AI improve. Sorry about my poor english. Thanks devs efforts for the AI improve.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-27-2016, 07:04 PM   #2
MVP

Bigg Cee's Arena

Re: AI is still issue.

ya it does still have an issue with stamina when putting a lot of pressure on the AI. To be honest I don't care if fighters fight like themself or not, I just want AI that can hold its own and not crumble under pressure. If they can get this right then fighters not doing the moves they should is not a big deal if the AI is hard atleast.
Old 06-27-2016, 07:08 PM   #3
MVP

Bigg Cee's Arena

Now one thing on pro i do notice is the AI comes foward alot now or atleast in the few fights I had they did.

Can anyone who tried pro say if they AI does move foward more or if it was just me?
Old 06-27-2016, 09:16 PM   #4
MVP

OVR: 1

It seems like it does come forward a bit more but I can't say for sure. It also does manage its stamina better, backing off more often when it is gassed (but not always.)

The AI still cannot provide a challenge though. I'll wait for some people to tell me if Hard is still on par/better than Pro but with stamina (mostly) fixed I doubt it will be. They desperately need to just bite the bullet and give us a 'legend' difficulty where the AI gets straight up stat bonuses.
Old 06-28-2016, 10:02 AM   #5
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

OVR: 44

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigg Cee
Now one thing on pro i do notice is the AI comes foward alot now or atleast in the few fights I had they did.

Can anyone who tried pro say if they AI does move foward more or if it was just me?
It always moved forward alot. The aggression setting on Pro has always been higher than other difficulties.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-28-2016, 11:15 AM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 1

3 fights on Pro, 3 first round KO's for me. All 3 fights ended with ground and pound after a knockdown. Lol I guess i should just let the cpu stand back up after knocking em down. The cpu has no answer to ground strike in any position it seems.
Old 06-28-2016, 11:15 AM   #7
MVP

Boiler569's Arena

to be fair --- programming the AI for this game has to be extremely difficult

I'm not even sure I could accurately DESCRIBE all the thoughts, instincts, calculations, etc that go into my personal fighting game. Let alone PROGRAM the computer to do so. Let alone program DIFFERENT types of fight styles (I'm a boxer/wrestler at heart; learning some basic kicks, but I'm not Tae Kwon Do artist lol)

So I cut EA some slack in this department lol although hopefully they will continue to improve the AI going into the franchise, as these growing pains can only be deemed acceptable for so long
FNR4 Gamestop Vegas Tournament Qualifier
Ranked #1 (EA MMA)

UFC 3 LEC: 2x Diamond; 6x Plat.
@Boiler569 on Twitter & Twitch
Old 06-28-2016, 11:20 AM   #8
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

OVR: 44

Quote:
Originally Posted by jabj24
3 fights on Pro, 3 first round KO's for me. All 3 fights ended with ground and pound after a knockdown. Lol I guess i should just let the cpu stand back up after knocking em down. The cpu has no answer to ground strike in any position it seems.
Who are you using and who are you facing?

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »