Home

Martial mind posts combos that abuse hit stun

This is a discussion on Martial mind posts combos that abuse hit stun within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 06-26-2016, 09:56 PM   #1
Dave

Dave_S's Arena

OVR: 0
Martial mind posts combos that abuse hit stun

Wasn't he a game changer, someone who should try and get rid of exploits.

What a joke.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-26-2016, 10:51 PM   #2
EA Game Changer

Kenetic NRG's Arena

Re: Martial mind posts combos that abuse hit stun

I genuinely believe he has good intentions. I think he sees his style as non cheesy when in reality his videos put striking skill level so far behind on PS4.

Saw in a video the other day at him raging at a guy clinching him when he was spamming back dashes and jab bodykicks. Like cmon now, the ONLY way to counter dash spam is clinching. Cage cutting works up until they side step and you can't hit them.

People think my style of aggression is cheesy because I throw long combos. I say watch me play a top player and I'm MUCH more hesitant to throw a 6 or 7 piece because they know how to defend it.
Old 06-27-2016, 12:12 AM   #3
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

OVR: 44

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave_S
Wasn't he a game changer, someone who should try and get rid of exploits.

What a joke.
Behind the scenes he's very active in trying to remove known exploits and improve the striking in the game. Many of the things that the community is complaining about on OS are things that he's been pretty vocal about removing too.

I cant speak to how he plays because I havent watched many of his videos.
Old 06-27-2016, 02:03 AM   #4
Dave

Dave_S's Arena

His 10 favorite combos is a lot about hit stuns. He might think he has good intentions, but from my point of view he might as well be posting cheat codes trying to get YouTube views.

The fact he's so proud of them is confusing.
Old 06-27-2016, 02:29 AM   #5
Rookie

Lmfao hit stun for real? thats what were bitching about now? you want us to just walk to the middle of the cage and mash X and Y until somebody falls? while i understand it can be frustrating there would be no balance. without hit stun fights would literally become a punching duel in the center of the cage where the higher rated fighter wins 95% of the time. certain hitstun needs to be removed like body hook hit stuns but the straight punch opening that martial likes to use? thats the most basic mini hit stun there can be.

seriously quit your bitching
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-27-2016, 02:44 AM   #6
Dave

Dave_S's Arena

He's not teaching people how to strike. He's teaching certain order of pressing buttons that leaves opponent unable to do anything while the next particular button input is pressed.

Of course their should be hit stuns, but you should not be able to take advantage of them 100 times out of 100by using inputs some gamechanger put on YouTube.
Old 06-27-2016, 03:10 AM   #7
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave_S
He's not teaching people how to strike. He's teaching certain order of pressing buttons that leaves opponent unable to do anything while the next particular button input is pressed.

Of course their should be hit stuns, but you should not be able to take advantage of them 100 times out of 100by using inputs some gamechanger put on YouTube.
90% of those combos open with the straight which is the one that matter and that is working as intended you wanna know the counter? the jab because if a job hits somebody mid strike it cancels there strike and they get hit stunned. so if your opponent is using these on you do something similar only open with the jab so yours hits first and you win

ive improved most of those combos of my own accord just playing the game and im far from a top player

your gripe is with the straight punch almost always causing hit stun which is working perfectly as intended and the counter is a combo of your own opening with a jab.

again hes teaching people how to strike if you cant beat these combos you suck. my roommate is terrible at the game i knock him out within 2 min of the first round 100% of the times we fight and even he can defend most of these combos just by noticing patterns and blocking appropriately.

if you cant stop it then just hold high block and counter punch then the straight punch isnt a problem anymore is it

"but then he will just body kick me for a hit stun"

which is exactly the ****ing point you jackasses you are supposed to predict where hes gonna hit then block there if you block high and he goes low it should hurt

i think where you people are confused is that there shouldnt be a 100% formula to winning fights. you shouldnt be able to fight every opponent with the exact same strategy and people seem to think they have this perfect strategy down so the second they lose they come to the forums to bitch and complain
Old 06-27-2016, 03:13 AM   #8
Dave

Dave_S's Arena

You Sir, have a potty mouth.

I like to time strikes and play reactively. If you need cheat codes to win, well that's okay, but imho it's more fun to lose playing original than win using YouTube combos.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »