Home

Idea to Give MyPlayer Better Responses During Interviews...

This is a discussion on Idea to Give MyPlayer Better Responses During Interviews... within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 06-20-2016, 11:16 PM   #1
Rookie

Roger_Black's Arena

OVR: 0
Icon14 Idea to Give MyPlayer Better Responses During Interviews...

IMPROVE THE ‘VOICE ACTING’…. TO GIVE OUR MYPLAYERs SOME ADDITIONAL ‘PERSONALITY’:

First, as much as I liked Spike’s story this year…. I can see how it could alienate some NBA 2K gamers who never grew up in Harlem.

Therefore, perhaps 2K drop all the (mini-movie) storylines that become long ‘cutscenes’ about sleazy agents, wayward best friends, managers & girlfriends during the first 1-2 seasons in the NBA.

Instead, 2K should focus on creating a wide-variety RPG elements that will allow our MyPlayer to really SHINE during the ’halftime interviews’ & post-game ’press conferences’.

That way, we do not see the same ‘generic responses’ to Doris Burke’s questions as we play more & more seasons in MyPlayer mode.

To do this… maybe 2K should use at least 5 different ‘voice actors’, who have vastly different ways of speaking / responding. (And each one of these voice actors should be able to do at least 1 ‘international accent’.)

Not everyone in the NBA ‘grew up in Harlem’.

Some players come from the Midwest. Some are from the Suburbs.
Some are born Internationally. Etc, etc.

And our MyPlayers should reflect this great VARIETY.

But HOW?

Give us a ‘Disposition’ attribute.

Here are 7 examples of Disposition:
  • Serious
  • Professional
  • Unpredictable
  • Playful
  • Laid Back
  • Fired Up
  • International Appeal (spoken with Spanish, French, German, African, Canadian, and/or Australian accents)

This disposition attribute would affect the 'types' of responses given during interviews.

From the list of available options.... let gamers pick any 2 types of ‘dispositions’ for our interviews, so that we can have a good mix of ‘responses’ during our interactions with Doris Burke on the sidelines, or in post-game interviews, like:
  • Unpredictable + Playful
  • Laid Back + Professional
  • Serious + Professional
  • Fired Up + Playful
  • Playful + International Appeal
  • Or Serious + International Appeal
  • Etc.

Various combinations could provide responses that are more ‘customizable’ toward an individual gamer’s very own personality.

FOR EXAMPLE:

Someone who is Serious & Professional… would probably give responses that tend to put Teammates first…. and/or talk about executing the Coach’s Game Plan…. And they wouldn’t give a very ‘egotistical’ response like: “My teammates should just give me the ball & get out of my way”.

But someone who is Unpredictable & Playful might give you some hilarious gems, or make whimsical jokes about their competition, or even their own teammates. (But nothing too malicious.) Or they might randomly ‘photobomb’ other teammates during their own interviews.

NEXT, MAKE OUR MYPLAYER A PART OF THE POST-GAME DISCUSSION BETWEEN EJ, KENNY & SHAQ.

Once 2K has implemented 'disposition' attributes… they should allow our MyPlayer to be a part of the post-game analysis / discussion.

i/e Give our MyPlayer a headset… put us on Satellite Camera in the studio… and let us just add a few 'color-comments' while EJ, Shaq & Kenny are watching / discussing highlight footage of the game & giving their feedback.

Based on our ‘disposition’ our MyPlayer could even chime in with comments like…
  • “I got really hot in the 1st quarter and shots just started to fall”….
  • or “I knew I would have a big game tonight”….
  • or “I struggled early, so I really wanted to execute the Game Plan to get back on track”...
  • or “I was looking to make something happen for my teammates in the 2nd half with all those assists”….
  • or “I was focusing on rebounding, so we could extend the lead”….
  • or “Hey Shaq, do you like how my sneakers looked on that dunk? lol”….
  • or “I had a block party tonight. And everyone was invited. lol”...
  • or “I played badly tonight. I’ll have to do better next game”

You get the idea.

All the time that is spent creating all the 'cutscenes' and mini-movies.... could be used to improve MYPlayers to make them more 'customizable' instead.

All of this would add to the 'immersion factor'.

Just my opinion.

Last edited by Roger_Black; 06-20-2016 at 11:28 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-22-2016, 04:12 PM   #2
MVP

zello144's Arena

Re: Idea to Give MyPlayer Better Responses During Interviews...

I've really wanted to give my player a personality I wanted him to be a goofball like Metta World Peace or Shaq

Old 06-22-2016, 11:32 PM   #3
MVP

Trackball's Arena

OVR: 7

I miss when we had FOUR dialogue options instead of two.
Old 06-23-2016, 09:47 AM   #4
Just started!

good info,thanks for your sharing
Old 06-23-2016, 04:21 PM   #5
Rookie

Dope idea but i think we should be able to use our own voices if you have a headset or camera. If you choose. They show you the dialogue that will be said during the game. You say it. When the cutscenes pop u you MP repeats it. Either that or you get a 20-30 second window to speak an answer questions via your headset. Seems strange but i always thought that would be cool. At least its your own voice.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »