Home

Why do people in the 2k community pretend this game isn't a glitchfest?

This is a discussion on Why do people in the 2k community pretend this game isn't a glitchfest? within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare
Closed Thread

Old 06-20-2016, 04:42 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Why do people in the 2k community pretend this game isn't a glitchfest?

This game can be extremely frustrating when you play against the computer. I don't need to mention all the glitches because that would take too long, but its crazy that people just accept it. Other communities don't tolerate this. The worst is that 2k doesn't acknowledge it at all to save face. They just go along producing those videos and setting up VC sales while ignoring the gameplay. Its not like these are just minor glitches, 2k glitches have a direct effect on the outcome of games. The directional passing alone needs to be completely tore down and rebuilt, it's just broken.

I think 2k focuses too much on things off the court instead of actually basketball gameplay which is what this game is about. I don't care about a Dirk birthday sale but that's what 2k decides to update instead of fixing glitches. Why do I have to sit and watch the computer player stand with his back to the basket for 20 seconds and then take and make a last second turn around shot at the shot clock buzzer? No 5 second back to basket call what so ever. Or after they inbound the computer player dribbles to about 5 feet before the half court line and stands there for 6 seconds then makes a crazy pass to the corner which gets through, happens almost every game. Why can't 2k fix stuff like that?

I love this game, but the glitches are ruining it for me. If 2k isn't careful it will just be accepted that is not realistic and its a glitch fest the same way the Madden is now viewed.

Last edited by VegasBartender; 06-20-2016 at 04:47 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-20-2016, 09:59 PM   #2
Banned

SirGaryColeman's Arena

Re: Why do people in the 2k community pretend this game isn't a glitchfest?

I think a lot of 2k players don't play other games, so they don't know...

The online mode with weird matchmaking is like a 2005 level when compared to other games.
Old 06-20-2016, 10:02 PM   #3
Pro

Mbunn1993's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirGaryColeman
I think a lot of 2k players don't play other games, so they don't know...

The online mode with weird matchmaking is like a 2005 level when compared to other games.
Apparently you haven't played Madden.
Old 06-21-2016, 08:33 AM   #4
Hall Of Fame

vtcrb's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by VegasBartender
This game can be extremely frustrating when you play against the computer. I don't need to mention all the glitches because that would take too long, but its crazy that people just accept it. Other communities don't tolerate this. The worst is that 2k doesn't acknowledge it at all to save face. They just go along producing those videos and setting up VC sales while ignoring the gameplay. Its not like these are just minor glitches, 2k glitches have a direct effect on the outcome of games. The directional passing alone needs to be completely tore down and rebuilt, it's just broken.

I think 2k focuses too much on things off the court instead of actually basketball gameplay which is what this game is about. I don't care about a Dirk birthday sale but that's what 2k decides to update instead of fixing glitches. Why do I have to sit and watch the computer player stand with his back to the basket for 20 seconds and then take and make a last second turn around shot at the shot clock buzzer? No 5 second back to basket call what so ever. Or after they inbound the computer player dribbles to about 5 feet before the half court line and stands there for 6 seconds then makes a crazy pass to the corner which gets through, happens almost every game. Why can't 2k fix stuff like that?

I love this game, but the glitches are ruining it for me. If 2k isn't careful it will just be accepted that is not realistic and its a glitch fest the same way the Madden is now viewed.

Alot of the 2K fan base play with custom rosters. You will see the issues you listed above with 2K stock rosters and 2k updates. The game does have some flaws but most can be fixed by making edits to roster.

Twitter: @VTCRBTEC

Youtube Channel:https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCKL...1uva35l4zFEofg

Roster Editing for Over a Decade
Old 06-21-2016, 09:47 AM   #5
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by VegasBartender

I agree with most of what you have to say, but I think it's important to understand that Dirk promotions and gameplay issues are completely different departments; so to say that one is prioritised over the other is definitely unfair to 2k.

Everyone that works on gameplay will also have pride in their work and expectations and ideas. I only play career, and it's a difficult mode to like this year, the AI of teamates has regressed, attributes seem pretty meaningless (yet again), and playstyles seem like a failure to me. My 6'3 outside PG for example, is just as likely to poster someone as my 6'7 inside PG and my outside center is my highest percentage 3pt shooter on all my HoF sim careers, so I don't really understand a lot of what this game is supposed to achieve in this mode.

I've never seen deadeye trigger in career, but my center doesn't even have any shooting badges. Everything is so watered down because of people complaining about park, that the mode you have to play to get attribute upgrades and badges is not really very good, and even less enjoyable.

As a consumer base, we have to take our own portion of the blame for that, because 2k have tried to balance everything out, to avoid giving positions massive advantages over others, like last years 7ft SF's There was a recent update and since then shooting is easier than last years patch 4 on park.

2k16 falls down because it tries to be all things to all people, and a change in direction is needed. Park and career need to be separate entities if career is going to survive. I've been playing 2k14 again recently, and although 2k16 looks and feels infinitely better, and the strides made since then have been ridiculous, it's more fun to play than 2k16. I love that I can upgrade individual attributes, so my 6'9 SF can develop a mid range game and a devastating dunking on everyone game with the crazy posterizer badge that year.

I loved it, I had a career where my guy would dunk on everyone with athletic playstyle and the appropriate badges, I had a scoring career with my guy having deadeye/catch and shoot etc badges. There were flaws for sure, but it was a fun game.

I hope 2k go back to those playstyles for 2k17, and swap badges back for signature skills. Mycareer should be my career, not the career 2k lay out for me within limited parameters.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-21-2016, 02:05 PM   #6
yellow

23's Arena

OVR: 65

Sorry we have a glitch sticky if you want to provide feedback
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »