Home

Heartbreaking Moments in The Show

This is a discussion on Heartbreaking Moments in The Show within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 06-18-2016, 01:01 PM   #1
MVP

TGov's Arena

OVR: 8
Heartbreaking Moments in The Show

My team(Red Sox) had one of the best records, Ortiz led the league in HR and won MVP(then retired). Price led in ERA, IP, Ks and won CY Young. Overall I had a great team, I went into the postseason with a bye and ended up facing the Angels.

They went on to sweep me and I had no persuasion or control over it. I think I'm a decent player, if I lose then I lose and I accept it but I can't help but feel cheated here.

The first game I went up 5-0 in the first, second game they went up by a lot and the third I went up and they overtook me again. Each game felt the same however, I could hit their pitchers in the early innings, then I couldn't hit anything for the rest of the game. They hit me pretty much all game. Their starting pitchers stayed in the game for most of the game too, it's not like their starters failed and the bullpen was unstoppable either.

Feel free to share your heartbreaking moments below...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-18-2016, 02:01 PM   #2
Expletive Deleted

Ghost Of The Year's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Heartbreaking Moments in The Show

All-Star game last year in Show 15, down 4-3 in the 9th.
Load the bases with zero outs. I can't get even one run to force extras.
I K 3 straight at bats. On 9 pitches IIRC. I was too hyped, I believe.
I remember I couldn't even sleep that night. And over a meaningless game.
I can't imagine what that would do to me if it happened post-season.
I wonder what wifey would do if I took my Louisville Slugger for a few whacks on the refrigerator?
#44Syracuse
One's convicted, the other's a born liar.
Instead of George and Reggie, Billy Martin could have been talking about Donald and Joe.
Nov. 5, Choose: None of the Above
Old 06-18-2016, 03:07 PM   #3
Rookie

ViewsFromTheP's Arena

Playing in my D-backs franchise, I made it to the NLCS against the Nationals. I take a nice 3-1 lead in the series and everything is looking good. Then I drop two straight to force a game 7 on the road. I get a gem from Corbin and am up 3-2 going into the bottom of the ninth. Ziegler gets the first two outs, then gives up a double. They get a base hit with the next batter and the runner scores on a close play at the plate. Then Ben freaking Revere hits a walk off basehit to go to the World Series. I choked it away and took a big fat L. Absolute heartbreak.
Old 06-21-2016, 05:35 PM   #4
Rookie

Agatorfan's Arena

In mlb 15 the show, I remember it well. Padres vs Angels. Not sure how much the innings were but it was 7-7 with at least 17+ innings maybe the 20 range. It was 12:00 in the morning and I really wanted to finish the game. So with 2 outs and all of my bullpen used I was gone and I was down to my last pitcher. Mike Trout came up and hit it to that rock area at Angel stadium
Old 06-23-2016, 08:51 AM   #5
MVP

TheWarmWind's Arena

My starting pitcher is throwing a no hitter. We get to the top of the 9th and he's still dealing pitches like it's the third. No-one on, one out, third pitch of the AB and it's 0-2. I cue up a fastball and get my timings perfect. The ball releases from the pitchers hand annnnnd... the game crashes.

Every time the game crashes it's heartbreaking, but I think this one gave me an ulcer.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-23-2016, 09:33 AM   #6
Rookie

Efbomb's Arena

Just had one last night.

Top of the 9th. Up 1-0. Got a perfect game going. Syndergaard on the hill. His pitch count was low for the 9th, even though he had 17 K's.

1st batter goes 2-2, then the game decides that it isn't going to put the pitch anywhere near where I want it to go. Two consecutive pitches, that I was perfect on strength and accuracy, fall out of the zone. Perfecto gone!

That was a bummer, and I literally stood up and started yelling at the tv cause I just got ripped off, but the real bummer was that the next batter hit a first pitch, 101mph, up and in fastball that was practically by him into the stands for an opposite field dinger!

Lost the perfect game, no hitter, shutout and overall game on 3 pitches.
Old 06-23-2016, 01:04 PM   #7
Rookie

spencerk10's Arena

Ohhhhh I had a good one last night...

Playoff game with the Phillies, runners on first and second with two outs. Hit a hard liner with Galvis, would have been a basehit and the run from second would have easily scored to send it into extra innings but the liner hit the freaking pitcher and bounces right to the first basemen, which is physically impossible. I'm tired of clocking the pitcher in this game. Needs to be fixed.
Old 07-07-2016, 09:59 PM   #8
MVP

TGov's Arena

OVR: 8

Had another one tonight, and I blame it all on the mechanics of this game. (A small one, at that)
Down by 1 in the 9th, with a runner on second, 2 outs...
Hit up the middle, my very fast runner goes to 3rd and slides automatically!!!
In no real life game would that happen, he would run home to try and tie the game, or at least get into 3rd standing up. My runner probably would have been safe at home, if he was thrown out, I would have accepted it, I really would.
Just give me that chance, please!

This one cut deep, brought back a lot of the memories of this happening in the past and there have been MANY.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »