Home

Safe to say Inside Edge isn't working as intended

This is a discussion on Safe to say Inside Edge isn't working as intended within the Diamond Dynasty forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > Diamond Dynasty
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 06-15-2016, 07:18 PM   #1
Pro

OVR: 0
Safe to say Inside Edge isn't working as intended

As I'm typing this, I'll put the statistics for the top 10 live players at each position:

SP
Kershaw 99 99 |
Arrieta 96 96 |
Syndergaard 94 95 +
Fernandez 94 94 |
Sale 94 90 -
Price 93 93 |
Scherzer 93 93 |
Bumgarner 93 93 |
DeGrom 93 93 |
Strasburg 93 93 |

+% 10%
|% 80%
-% 10%

RP

Betances 93 89 -
Miller 92 89 -
Uehara 87 84 -
Herrera 85 85 |
Benoit 84 82 -
Harris 84 84 |
Watson 84 81 -
ODay 84 82 -
Capps 84 84 |
Strickland 84 84 |

+% 0%
|% 40%
-% 60%

CP

Kimbrel 93 89 -
Davis 93 91 -
Jansen 93 89 -
Chapman 92 89 -
Melancon 89 87 -
Robertson 88 86 -
Britton 87 84 -
Rondon 86 84 -
Rosenthal 86 83 -
Familia 86 85 -

-% 100%

As you can see, SPs largely stay the same, RPs are hit heavily every day, and CPs are PRACTICALLY ALL DOWNGRADED EVERY SINGLE DAY.

But then wait, what about position players? Position players are almost always ++++

1B

Goldschmidt 95 99 +
Cabrera 94 97 +
Rizzo 93 98 +
Votto 90 98 +
Ortiz 89 95 +
Hosmer 88 94 +
Encarnacion 87 94 +
Davis 86 90 +
Belt 83 92 +
Freeman 83 92 +

+% 100%

I can keep going, but you get the point. Typically middle infielders are either slightly increased or slightly decreased, while outfielders and corner infielders are almost always significantly increased. Meanwhile, your full diamond bullpen might as well not even be diamond because they are downgraded every single day.

SPs have a symmetrical bell curve at least, which is more than can be said of every other position.

wtf?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-15-2016, 07:21 PM   #2
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 38
Re: Safe to say Inside Edge isn't working as intended

Starting pitchers are only supposed to receive inside edge ratings on the days when they are actually pitching. That's why they're in a neutral state most days.

Something weird is definitely going on with relievers and closers, though.
Old 06-15-2016, 08:00 PM   #3
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by jyoung
Starting pitchers are only supposed to receive inside edge ratings on the days when they are actually pitching. That's why they're in a neutral state most days.

Something weird is definitely going on with relievers and closers, though.
Makes sense, but then you have guys like Greg Bird who are injured and out for the year still receiving boosts...
Old 06-15-2016, 08:04 PM   #4
MVP

MetsFan16's Arena

OVR: 4

I'll use IE to set my DD lineup everyday. If a guy has a great IE ill put him in over a guy with weak IE. Mostly for Position Players but even if a SP has a big boost one day I'll put him in for the day. It doesnt change my lineup too much, only 2-3 guys but it does make my lineups differ day to day which was the purpose of IE
Old 06-15-2016, 08:08 PM   #5
Rookie

I've noticed this too. My bullpen is almost always -1 or -2 overall, and I don't understand why. I could see closers being downgraded for a day or two if they just blew a save, but that's not the case.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-15-2016, 08:21 PM   #6
MVP

BigOscar's Arena

There are a handful of relievers who are regular in good form, but almost every other good one is constantly in downwards form, which is clearly broken. The only time I've used half of my relievers at their actual level is on days when their team isn't playing in real life, as they are downgraded literally every day they play. It's meant I rely mainly on FB relievers as they are the only consistent ones who play at their actual level.

I love the idea and it does work in a lot of cases, but it definitely needs refining. I've mashed so many homeruns with Michael Conforto and Stephen Piscotty when they are in form, when they wouldn't normally get near my lineup, so it definitely has the potential to make you rethink which players to use, but it needs some work, especially for relief pitchers
Old 06-15-2016, 08:32 PM   #7
MVP

mikeq672's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacobocld
I've noticed this too. My bullpen is almost always -1 or -2 overall, and I don't understand why. I could see closers being downgraded for a day or two if they just blew a save, but that's not the case.
Well thats not how inside edge works, its based on the days matchup, not past results, and since matchups only change once every 3 or 4 days, they are gonna say the same mostly for half the week.

But as others have noted, there is something seriously wrong with how its working currently. Relievers somehow have terrible matchups in every single series.
Old 06-15-2016, 08:49 PM   #8
All Star

OVR: 2

Yeah the RP thing is weird. I don't think I've seen Betances rated his normal 93 or higher a single day since he got the boost.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > Diamond Dynasty »