Home

For Those Complaing About the Amount of Time it Takes to Complete A Game...

This is a discussion on For Those Complaing About the Amount of Time it Takes to Complete A Game... within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 06-10-2016, 02:19 PM   #1
Rookie

spencerk10's Arena

OVR: 0
For Those Complaing About the Amount of Time it Takes to Complete A Game...

Look,

I get it.

We all have busy lives and have things to do (well, not all of you.) But for those of us who live on planet earth with families, jobs, school, and friends, it's hard to carve out too much time for entertainment such as video games.

I play franchise mode 90% of the time. I will play one game in a three game series, which is likely a win for me, and I take the odds and simulate the other two hoping for a split. This logic has gotten me into the playoffs with every team I have done a franchise with, it works.

But even then, it takes a few months for me to crank out an entire season on franchise mode. Each game for me will take 1-1.5 hours, depending on the situations each game brings.

There is a reason this is the best sports game on the planet. It's because of the realism. This game looks like a real game and how it is portrayed on tv in almost every way, minus the pbp commentary, which is awful. Not the talent, but the dialect. Users of this game brag all the time as to how real it is compared to other games, and it knocks it out of the park (hey, that's a pun.)

I've seen people talking about how the gameplay needs to be sped up, which would indelibly decrease the realistic features of this game. Do we really want that?

The answer is no.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-10-2016, 02:27 PM   #2
Pro

cherman24's Arena

OVR: 4
Re: For Those Complaing About the Amount of Time it Takes to Complete A Game...

Honestly, for one, baseball is a 162 regular season schedule. Next, they have programmed sims such as sim game, quick counts, and sim 1/2-full innings or to a specific inning. Heck, if you don't want to change jerseys, you don't even have to go to the main menu. I don't really get any argument that complains on this. If there's something I'm missing, let me know.
Old 06-10-2016, 02:49 PM   #3
Rookie

Hayman19's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherman24
Honestly, for one, baseball is a 162 regular season schedule. Next, they have programmed sims such as sim game, quick counts, and sim 1/2-full innings or to a specific inning. Heck, if you don't want to change jerseys, you don't even have to go to the main menu. I don't really get any argument that complains on this. If there's something I'm missing, let me know.
Is that not a RTTS feature only? Have I somehow not noticed this yet in franchise mode????

If it isnt, that would be a great addition to franchise. Bypass the menus a bit like RTTS.
Old 06-10-2016, 04:19 PM   #4
Pro

cherman24's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hayman19
Is that not a RTTS feature only? Have I somehow not noticed this yet in franchise mode????

If it isnt, that would be a great addition to franchise. Bypass the menus a bit like RTTS.
It might be rtts only. Not sure cause I control two teams in mine. Was just saying about tine constraints...
Old 06-10-2016, 04:21 PM   #5
Rookie

What are you guys doing that it takes over an hour to play a game? I do no quick counts, play every single game of my franchise, and I can knock a game out in about 40 minutes. Now, I swing early in the count a lot, but I feel like that's when you get that "get me over" strike that you can hit. Plus, you can usually tell early on when a pitcher is going to pitch around you. MLB takes less time than it does to play an NBA game where the quarters are long enough to get some realistic points compared to an actual game.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-10-2016, 05:30 PM   #6
Hall Of Fame

KBLover's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by HartmanTeets6
What are you guys doing that it takes over an hour to play a game?

Playing baseball?

I mean, I don't stare at the cut scenes, etc., but depending on how the game goes, it could take over an hour easily.

Just curious, about how many pitches do you see in a game (total)? Often times, I see around 120-140, win or lose.

If you're much less since you have an aggressive approach at the plate, then that could be a lot of the difference right there. Like you, I don't play quick counts.
Old 06-10-2016, 05:38 PM   #7
Persona Non Grata

Ghost Of The Year's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by spencerk10
Look,

I get it.

We all have busy lives and have things to do (well, not all of you.) But for those of us who live on planet earth with families, jobs, school, and friends, it's hard to carve out too much time for entertainment such as video games.

I play franchise mode 90% of the time. I will play one game in a three game series, which is likely a win for me, and I take the odds and simulate the other two hoping for a split. This logic has gotten me into the playoffs with every team I have done a franchise with, it works.

But even then, it takes a few months for me to crank out an entire season on franchise mode. Each game for me will take 1-1.5 hours, depending on the situations each game brings.

There is a reason this is the best sports game on the planet. It's because of the realism. This game looks like a real game and how it is portrayed on tv in almost every way, minus the pbp commentary, which is awful. Not the talent, but the dialect. Users of this game brag all the time as to how real it is compared to other games, and it knocks it out of the park (hey, that's a pun.)

I've seen people talking about how the gameplay needs to be sped up, which would indelibly decrease the realistic features of this game. Do we really want that?

The answer is no.
IMO this doesn't warrant it's own thread. It might pass muster in response to a specific post, but otherwise it feels too similar to trolling. Surely I'm not the only one who feels that way.
Now that that's out of the way, I 100% agree with everything you said.
#44Syracuse
Old 06-10-2016, 07:58 PM   #8
RLB
Rookie

RLB's Arena

Silly Ghost, I am trolling.
Attached Images
File Type: jpeg image.jpeg (306.7 KB, 244 views)

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »