Home

User pitcher walks?

This is a discussion on User pitcher walks? within the MLB The Show Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Sliders
Madden 25 Vs. College Football 25: A New Battleground
NBA 2K25 Gameplay Improvements, Trailer, News Release Schedule
EA Sports College Football 25 Review

Old 06-03-2016, 11:31 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 3
User pitcher walks?

I'm having an issue where I just don't seem to ever miss my location. I use HOF pitching, meter. I've debated dropping control to 0, and I did that for a couple innings however the computer hit everything for an XBH (and when I toned down their solid hits they swung through everything and my control still was pretty on point).

If I lowered consistency to about 1-2, would that accomplish what I'm going for?

I have 100+ less walks than the next lowest total in the league, so I want to balance this out in a way that doesn't create the CPU hitting everything (as the control slider itself says you should lower cpu contact to compensate)
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-08-2016, 12:09 AM   #2
RC3
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: User pitcher walks?

In my experience, the only way to get better pitching stats is to use classic pitching. All the other ones are too easy to master, therefore leading to pitching domination. I played meter for years and years and won and won, but since the last couple years the game has become much more realistic after switching to classic pitching.
Old 07-13-2016, 08:14 AM   #3
Rookie

RockPowderDownLoL's Arena

OVR: 0

I use pure analog and i have my control and consistency at 0 and 2 respectively. I have turned down the cpu's timing and foul frequency to 0 on Legend. I average about 3-4 walks per game. 5-10 SO and 5-10 hits.
Old 07-13-2016, 10:43 AM   #4
Pro

Bunselpower32's Arena

OVR: 8

With me,I was walking less batters because I wasn’t afraid of the hitters. I bumped up the power on the cpu and the middle of the order guys started seeing way less pitches in the zone. The borderline pitches didn’t always hit and now I average a lot more.

You don’t care where I sent this from.

- Rick Wise
Old 10-07-2016, 06:13 PM   #5
Rookie

Ge1dertron's Arena

OVR: 1

I use pulse pitching and I turn off the hot/cold zone and strike zone. I throw a good number of walks.

It works even at veteran and all-star levels and you will get a spread appropriate for the quality of pitcher you are using.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Sliders »