Home

Is it possible to get hot in this game?

This is a discussion on Is it possible to get hot in this game? within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 06-02-2016, 08:18 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 1
Is it possible to get hot in this game?

I don't think it's possible for anyone to get hot where they just go off. Which does happen quite often in real life

In real life players have games where it doesn't matter how close you are to them, they'll get a shot off and drain it consistently.

A good example of this is Klay Thompson and a lot of times steph. And with guys like Kobe staring his defender down and draining three after three after three.

I don't think this is at all possible in 2K and it drastically decreases the fun and increases the predictability.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-02-2016, 09:22 PM   #2
MVP

Insight23's Arena

Re: Is it possible to get hot in this game?

Ehh I think it is possible but just not as accurate as real life. I feel like I've gotten hot with a couple players before. I find myself having to change the release on every shot during this time. It seems 2k tries to prevent you from making so many shots in a row with one player so after making a shot with the standard release I'll release it quicker or later to essentially "trick" 2k. This could be different from exactly what your saying though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 06-03-2016, 12:11 AM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by UConcord11
I don't think it's possible for anyone to get hot where they just go off. Which does happen quite often in real life

In real life players have games where it doesn't matter how close you are to them, they'll get a shot off and drain it consistently.

A good example of this is Klay Thompson and a lot of times steph. And with guys like Kobe staring his defender down and draining three after three after three.

I don't think this is at all possible in 2K and it drastically decreases the fun and increases the predictability.
Are you talking about your MYPLAYER? It's sometimes hard to get hot if you have the Volume Shooter Badge. Alot easier to get Double Rings if you don't have volume shooter.
Old 06-03-2016, 04:30 AM   #4
MVP

ViolenceFight's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by UConcord11

You can get hot. You just have to play well. Even with Microwave, you can't just make jumpers or dunk all day. I usually need to make some good passes, a long with a variety of "good" plays and a varied shot selection.

I find it easier to get "hot" on defense

PSN: ViolenceFight
Instagram: @ViolenceFight
Old 06-03-2016, 05:01 AM   #5
Rookie

mint11's Arena

I think it's good this way. The game should reward good play and smart offense rather than having Klay miss wide open 3's one game then can contested looks the next. The real NBA is a make or miss league but the 2k one doesn't have to be and nor should it be
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-03-2016, 10:09 AM   #6
Rookie

Macs Power's Arena

Definitely possible but it's a little different to the previous titles I've noticed

Just today I had Lebron who came back from a quick break and was 1 ring cold. I was like "wtf," then in the space of 2 minutes I hit 3 and 1 layups and he went 1 ring red haha

Same when I played with Kemba for the first time. I hit the 1st shot I took with him and he went hot. He then made the next 3 and had 10 points in about 4 minutes. It's possible for sure

NBA Fan since 2007
Old 06-03-2016, 11:38 AM   #7
Banned

You can get hot. But you can't 13 in 33 T-Mac kinda hot.
Old 06-03-2016, 01:39 PM   #8
Fear is the Unknown

jeebs9's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macs Power
Definitely possible but it's a little different to the previous titles I've noticed

Just today I had Lebron who came back from a quick break and was 1 ring cold. I was like "wtf," then in the space of 2 minutes I hit 3 and 1 layups and he went 1 ring red haha

Same when I played with Kemba for the first time. I hit the 1st shot I took with him and he went hot. He then made the next 3 and had 10 points in about 4 minutes. It's possible for sure
Exactly there is much more going on for each player when it comes to this stuff. Depending on the players badges and ratings. Even when your playing non my playerr mode. You have to think that each player has a rating. And every single thing effects his rhythm. From steals to rebounds and blocks to leaving your man open to making a good pass to an open shooter. This is an old game. But I had really good ball movement and was hitting 3's. Everyone on the floor is hot expect Ron Harper.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »