Home

Ozzie Smith

This is a discussion on Ozzie Smith within the Diamond Dynasty forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > Diamond Dynasty
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 06-02-2016, 02:01 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Ozzie Smith

Finished my Edgar / Ichiro grinds, now done with the M's. Never gonna get the A-Rod, don't want it anyway.

Looking for my next catch. What's everyone's opinion on The Wizard of Oz? I know bad bat, great glove, but those that have used him for a large sample size (100 AB's or so), what is the high end ceiling to expect here? Thanks...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-02-2016, 02:05 AM   #2
Banned

Beatles's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Ozzie Smith

He was my first feed player. I haven't played with him yet because I went straight to the Dodgers and now feeding them and grinding away with the Twins. I can't wait to have a combo of The Wizard and Carew. Beltre at 3rd is gonna take awhile but so worth it.
Old 06-02-2016, 05:24 AM   #3
MVP

cardinalbird5's Arena

OVR: 13

I don't think his defense can overshadow his useless offense, unless you just plan to bunt, contact swing, and rack up pitch counts with him. I tried him and Brooks Robinson for a bit last year and I maybe saw 1 play from each that no other player could make at that position out of 20-25 games. So they'd steal a few outs here and there....not worth it when they are a nearly automatic out at the plate.

As for Ozzie specfically...tried him a bit last year and probably had around 100 ABs. I did bad with him and my average online usually is around .330-.340. Someone like Crawford is right up there defensively and is a much better hitter. Machado is great at SS too. If you want a cool legend then try Ripken Jr.

Youtube
Old 06-02-2016, 10:11 AM   #4
Rookie

NKRDIBL's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by cardinalbird5
I don't think his defense can overshadow his useless offense, unless you just plan to bunt, contact swing, and rack up pitch counts with him. I tried him and Brooks Robinson for a bit last year and I maybe saw 1 play from each that no other player could make at that position out of 20-25 games. So they'd steal a few outs here and there....not worth it when they are a nearly automatic out at the plate.

As for Ozzie specfically...tried him a bit last year and probably had around 100 ABs. I did bad with him and my average online usually is around .330-.340. Someone like Crawford is right up there defensively and is a much better hitter. Machado is great at SS too. If you want a cool legend then try Ripken Jr.
This is pretty close to bang on what I was going to say. His Defense is unreal, and he has the range to get everything, but using a Crawford is just as close. Only thing Ozzie bring to the table besides defense is so good speed. If your line up is deep enough, then he can be worth it to shut down the middle, but in my opinion, besides a few slap hits the other way. he doesn't help enough.

If he had either some contact or some power he could be valuable, but bsides a high vision, he really doesn't have any other skills besides bunting and speed, and he's not a burner. I would say worth the grind cause he is fun to play with from time to time, but not worth it to go get to be the every day SS.

If you want to try out how he hits, use the FB Crawford card, they are pretty much the same thing.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > Diamond Dynasty »