Home

Chris Archer worth getting?

This is a discussion on Chris Archer worth getting? within the Diamond Dynasty forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > Diamond Dynasty
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 05-31-2016, 06:41 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Chris Archer worth getting?

My starting 5 are Grienke, Zimmerman, Salazar, Carrasco, and Samaridja (sp?). I have 1400 tickets. Is Archer worth the 1200? Last year he was lights out for me. His slider was nasty. I know he isnt pitching up to expectations this year, so i am nervous to use my tickets. Any thoughts?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-31-2016, 06:44 PM   #2
Rookie

NKRDIBL's Arena

OVR: 1
Re: Chris Archer worth getting?

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedJeff
My starting 5 are Grienke, Zimmerman, Salazar, Carrasco, and Samaridja (sp?). I have 1400 tickets. Is Archer worth the 1200? Last year he was lights out for me. His slider was nasty. I know he isnt pitching up to expectations this year, so i am nervous to use my tickets. Any thoughts?
I have been using Archer pretty much since the relase of the game, and I still use him to this day, once you figure out how to use him, he can be nasty, his slider alone has wipe out potential. Is he worth 1200 tickets? I am not sure about that. BUt as a card to add to your rotation, I would say yes everytime.
Old 05-31-2016, 06:58 PM   #3
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 38

His slider is still extremely effective but he does not have another pitch that's elite.

His fastballs are alright speed wise but they're not overpowering like some other starters and they don't have a ton of break.

His changeup has an absolutely horrible 47 break rating, so you can't throw that pitch very often and expect to get away with it against good players.

All of his per nine ratings are mediocre across the board, and they could continue to drop down some more since he's having a bad season in real life.

I would only get him from the captain store if you really want to complete the Rays collection and unlock Carl Crawford.
Old 05-31-2016, 11:04 PM   #4
MVP

I'd say he's better than most if not all of the guys you got, but he is not elite
Old 06-05-2016, 10:41 PM   #5
Rookie

I was disappointed with his slider. I was thinking it would be way more nasty than it is. However, he's worth it just so you can get the Carl Crawford card.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-23-2016, 10:32 PM   #6
Rookie

Diablo2127's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedJeff
With ur starting 5 I'd deff slide him into your #2-#3 spot for sure

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > Diamond Dynasty »