Home

Kind of Obnoxious

This is a discussion on Kind of Obnoxious within the Diamond Dynasty forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > Diamond Dynasty
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 05-27-2016, 05:23 PM   #1
Contributor

TheKnack's Arena

OVR: 6
Kind of Obnoxious

Every team that plays online is out of this world stacked. There needs to be sone sort of matchmaking system that matches team rating and user rating.

Its just obnoxious playing against teams that probably have a monetary value of over $500 for us casual players.

Please, SCEA.... Make it harder to build obnoxious teams. Have the term "diamond" dynasty actually mean something.... when every player is a legend or diamond on every team, the mode loses its luster.

Sincerely,

A frustrated player since 2007.

Sent from my SM-G928V using Tapatalk
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-27-2016, 05:26 PM   #2
Contributor

TheKnack's Arena

Re: Kind of Obnoxious

The actual obnoxious part of this is a lot of these users admit to spending hundreds of dollars for these players.

As a casual fan, I want nothing to do with that... nor playing against those teams.

(Please do not respond to this thread with "if you're skilled, the talent of the players shouldnt matter")

Old 05-27-2016, 06:42 PM   #3
MVP

Syce's Arena

OVR: 0

this is the very reason they added inside edge, but they then added more flashbacks/prime/etc type cards. but they have said many times over last season they saw people will the same teams with the best of the best. now with inside edge, people are using different players because their ratings might be better for that particular day than the diamonds. but there are prime cards that are just amazing and why wouldn't you use them.
Old 05-27-2016, 08:40 PM   #4
MVP

baseballsim's Arena

It is possible to build a diamond team without spending money. The marketplace is the best way to earn enough stubs to do so.
Old 05-27-2016, 09:05 PM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by WSUCougars
The actual obnoxious part of this is a lot of these users admit to spending hundreds of dollars for these players.

As a casual fan, I want nothing to do with that... nor playing against those teams.

(Please do not respond to this thread with "if you're skilled, the talent of the players shouldnt matter")

I have messed around in DD some, and to my surprise, it turned out to be really fun to open packs, sell duplicates and try to improve certain positions, etc. I figured since I do not like MUT, this would not be fun, but I decided to give it a shot. It was great until I see all the created players (which really kills it for me), Reggie Jacksons, basically people spending so much money. For me, part of the fun is the grind. I don't have any ill will for the people that choose to spend real money, I just don't care for the fact that they are able to do that.

I'm with you 100%, no Diamond Dynasty for me. It's too bad because this is a perfect year for me to play it, because w/o simming it will take forever to rebuild my braves and I hate simming
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-28-2016, 09:42 AM   #6
Rookie

They could add a game option for team ratings between certain ranges. Say under 70, between 70-75, 75-80, you get the idea. This would allow you to make different teams based on how you feel like playing that day. So you know before match making the other team might have one diamond at most...
Old 05-28-2016, 10:01 AM   #7
Rookie

saucerset's Arena

Maybe they could do something like Fifa and NHL does. Have a tier system where you start off in division 10 and have to work your way up to div 1. This way you know what division your in and the caliber of players you are going up against. If you make it to div 1, then you will know that you will be facing stacked teams. If you hang around in div 3 or 4, then you will be playing teams from the same division/skill level.
Old 05-28-2016, 11:59 AM   #8
MVP

mikeq672's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by saucerset
Maybe they could do something like Fifa and NHL does. Have a tier system where you start off in division 10 and have to work your way up to div 1. This way you know what division your in and the caliber of players you are going up against. If you make it to div 1, then you will know that you will be facing stacked teams. If you hang around in div 3 or 4, then you will be playing teams from the same division/skill level.
They essentially have that

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > Diamond Dynasty »