Home

Presentation for 2017

This is a discussion on Presentation for 2017 within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 05-22-2016, 08:18 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 3
Presentation for 2017

This is for all of you broadcast presentation lovers out there. I love this game but it still is missing that wow factor. I am still hoping for an expanded broadcast experience. More stat overlays. More league updates like trades around the league and standings upcoming games and anything to fill the down time in games. I hope this is sone thing we see very soon as I know they can do much more. Anybody agree? Other ideas? Let's really show this developing team we want this so they look into doing more next year!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-23-2016, 12:52 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Presentation for 2017

I hope the commentating becomes more fluid and less repetitive as well. They could really take a page out of NBA 2ks playbook when it comes to presentation. That's as authentic as I've ever seen.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 05-23-2016, 01:43 PM   #3
Chillin

RoyceDa59's Arena

OVR: 10

Its getting there, it has taken a pretty good leap this year. I expect to be even better next year.
Old 05-23-2016, 02:41 PM   #4
Rookie

WhiteBunny's Arena

- Full animations in-between pitches, no more cuts please.

- ( RTTS and Lock Player Mode ) Better camera if you choose to watch the game.

- More stats during game.

- More time between innings. Especially during the "stretch" one.

- Better highlights at the end of the game. Like Fifa.

- ( RTTS and Lock Player Mode ) Play-by-Play and Watch Game option BEFORE the game.

- See the game from a fan prospective, choose a seat in the stadium ( i'm dreaming ).

- More presentation cutscenes for key players before and during the game.
Old 05-23-2016, 03:00 PM   #5
Pro

OVR: 7

Is it too much to ask for a Runners Window for the runner on 2nd Base when pitching from a Pitcher's View?

As it stands, it is impossible to see what Speed/Baserunning Ability the runner on 2nd has.
Aoccdrnig to a rscheearch at Cmabrigde Uinervtisy, it deosn't mttaer in waht oredr the ltteers in a wrod are, the olny iprmoatnt tihng is taht the frist and lsat ltteer be at the rghit pclae. The rset can be a ttoal jmulbe and you can sitll raed it wouthit a porbelm. Tihs is bcuseae the huamn mnid deos not raed ervey lteter by istlef, but the wrod as a wlohe.

amzanig huh?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-23-2016, 08:22 PM   #6
Rookie

I love that they added to the commentary but it is still very bland to me. Plus on my Mariners franchise do I really need to hear about how Robinson Cano won MVP of the World Baseball Classic with the DR every single game?
Old 05-24-2016, 11:58 AM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 3

Yeah....most of the ideas on here are on par. I just want a little bit more of a conversation between the Matt and the guys. You can still tell it's a line here and a line here and not much of an actually conversation. They need a better into per game. This is where they can talk about the franchise maybe. look at the standings and the injuries for the whole MLB and then focus on the game that you are about to play. Something like that. I am still waiting for something like that and it just never comes.
Old 05-24-2016, 01:33 PM   #8
Pro

OVR: 7

Along with no interrupted animations already mentioned...Another HUGE thing for me would be the ability to turn off every notification, every on screen help icon, every window (i.e. runner diamond) pretty much everything down to the scorebug.

i use auto fielding, manual throwing / classic pitching (no icons; vibration only) / batting from a custom BTP view zone +analog no PCI...so, this get's me as close as I can to playing how it seems on TV.

sounds of the show being back added to the immersion and realism for sure.

in a nutshell, i would love to be able to have the game look like traditional CPU vs CPU but me playing against them...clean screen, no clutter!

solid 60fps would go a long way in the realism department as well

would love an option to be able to turn my pitcher's head without the camera changing...just to 'simulate' being concerned but in the same broadcast view...but add some vibration to the mix when the cpu is leading off and has speed...i.e if Billy Hamilton was on first in a stealing situation my controller should be vibrating so hard it falls out of my hand...lol

also, more intelligent cut scenes:
1. save intense pitcher emotions for when it's intense...the uncut animation of the catcher throwing the ball back to the pitcher and him re-positioning himself on the mound should be seen alot saving the other animations (complaining, wiping brow, etc...) for when close strikes//balls are iffy, 4 straight ball walks, tiredness, etc...
2. don't have batters complain when striking out for third strikes right down the middle...save this for appropriate situations...on non debatable strikes, strike outs have the batter just calming walk back or look disappointed with himself vs mad at the ump/call.

the game is so close to perfection

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »