Home

Which packs been treating you the best/worse?

This is a discussion on Which packs been treating you the best/worse? within the NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 05-20-2016, 09:19 AM   #1
MVP

justlaze's Arena

OVR: 0
Which packs been treating you the best/worse?

Hello people,

how are you doing?
I've been wondering about how packs been treating you over the current season. I definitely have the feeling some have better odds or give more high value cards than others - even in similar price ranges.
I know the most people will say "none" or pre-patch cheap AD packs before 2K started the double contract cheese

But still, I think the current playoffs boxes been the best so far. I had a lot of amethyst pulls and one diamond one and haven't been opening them frequently.

VIP Boxes were great aswell. Even though sometimes there was no purple/diamond I got some rare historic which went for 20k. I always had the feeling that I'm not losing much MT even if it wasn't really a good box.

I also wanna give a shoutout to the DPOY boxes few months back, I think they had way better odds than any other pack in those times.

For me personally the worst packs been TBT and Moments. You pay a lot for TBT and end up with current silver you can quick sell. It's a very rare occasion getting an amy or diamond in comparison to other packs.
Moments haven't been working for me aswell. I stopped opening them because they didn't even get me one purple.

What has been your best/worse type of pack/box?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-20-2016, 09:41 AM   #2
Pro

Re: Which packs been treating you the best/worse?

Worst: All of them
Opened in the course of the game this cycle maybe 1.5K-2k packs and I've seen not one Amy in any let alone a diamond. Most the golds I got were really low level ones too hot more Dragics than anyone could ever want . Have to say to pissed me off opening hundreds of MVP, all star, and playoff packs and never seeing a player of that theme. But 2k got my cash so guess I'm the only loser in that situation.

Best: ROTY pulled two Jordan's when they were still in the black market made some bank selling them off

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 05-20-2016, 09:56 AM   #3
Rookie

Best: by far playoff moments, I've pulled many amethysts, current and playoffs, even diamond LMA. Although most of the content is worthless by now.
MVP packs: no diamonds, but quite a few purple MVPs.
DPOY packs: lots of gold DPOYs plus current AD and DPOY Hakeem.

Utter trash for me were: TBT, Moments, Dynamics (yup they still exist) and All Star packs.

I can't say anything about regular packs, I haven't opened any since the 1st month of release.
Old 05-20-2016, 09:58 AM   #4
Pro

pro_cow_tipper's Arena

Worst definitely have to be the TBT packs. I've opened a ton of those packs and don't think I've ever gotten a TBT gold much less one of the amethyst or diamonds.

The best for me were the MVP packs by far early on. In three boxes I think I got ten MVP'S with one being a diamond. After that I'm pretty sure the Chinese got in there and broke the pack odds just as they've done with the Playoff packs.
Pettit / McGinnis
Porzingod / Cousins
YouTube 🙂
Old 05-20-2016, 12:06 PM   #5
Rookie

Curry packs to build my collection and playoff moments for good players
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-20-2016, 02:33 PM   #6
Pro

ideaman81's Arena

OVR: 3

TBT packs have probably been the best for me. I have pulled three diamonds and amethyst LeBron and Vince. I seem to get a lot of decent gold TBT players from them too.

Worst packs for me have probably been League VIP packs. I think my best pull from them has been Jerry West.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 05-20-2016, 02:59 PM   #7
MVP

LP. thats how I been getting a lot of Historic players in the past couple of weeks. I surely cant afford to buy them. I have picked up maybe 10, and thats a huge help. I have 2350 cards exactly. so I am less than 50 cards shy of Hakeem due to some hidden cards I believe. I am looking at getting Hakeem and Kareem at the same time. Just for collectors sake, prob wont use them, nothing else to do but RTTP.

next would be DPOY. I got just as many DPOY cards as I did regular cards. so that would be hands down the best if you are talking pulling cards from the respective theme. I got Mutombo, Gasol 2x, Moncrief, and a couple others so I felt satisfied with those results.

TBT still my worst by volume. while I did get Melo from TBT and the sale of that card furnished me with about 3 Diamonds....TBT is still the worst by far. opened a box today and didnt get ONE single TBT card. that burns me up. I want to cuss somebody out so bad for that one. I mean, how tf do you do that??? 10 current cards in TBT pack? I dont give a **** who it was....but I feel you should be getting at least 5 TBT cards from a box at this point!

Last edited by synistr; 05-20-2016 at 03:03 PM.
Old 05-20-2016, 05:25 PM   #8
Rookie

The game is in its last cycles and 2K is still throwing out Silvers [en mass] in both Moments packs and TBT's.

There's more than enough TBT cards to support a 50% chance of pulling a TBT card. One out every two packs should guarantee a themed card. Instead, I recently opened boxes and received all silvers, another with current golds that have long lost value.

Moments of each type seem to dry up so quickly. For some reason I think 2K puts x number of cards in a pool and once it's done, we're out of luck.

Another thought is 2K possibly front-loading more desired themed cards in Auction House (AH) and barely letting gamers pull desire cards of value. So we see those valued cards in AH and hence we accordingly buy packs. I don't trust 2K.....

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam »