Home

Breaking Through!! A Ottawa Senators Be a GM

This is a discussion on Breaking Through!! A Ottawa Senators Be a GM within the Hockey Dynasties forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Hockey Dynasties
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 05-19-2016, 04:32 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Breaking Through!! A Ottawa Senators Be a GM

Breaking Through

Since there formation in 1992 the Senators have almost been a mainstay in the Playoffs. After not making the Playoffs in there first four season of existence they have been in them 15 of the last 19 years, but like the San Jose Sharks they may be great in the regular season that hasn't translated to winning in the postseason.

New GM Ready to Win

The Senators have made unknown Matt Weber as the teams new GM. "I was surprised to get a call and get a chance to sit and chat with owner Eugene Melnyk. I told him I do think this team can win now but i also sold him on my idea of how to keep depth in your system to have success year after year. The Detroit Red Wings are successful every year but why. Because they are always grooming there star players replacement. When Yzerman or Lindstom retired they already had the guys ready to replace them so they would not miss a beat. I plan on getting quantity in the draft and developing that talent so if i have to make a tough decision to let someone go I know we will be able to recover right away." said Weber.

The owner most have liked what he heard because by the time the meeting was over with Weber was just waiting for the contract to be written up.

First Move already for Weber

Weber made his mark early with the trade of Borowiecki to the Jets for a (16) 5th round pick

That trade was to get a pick but also to free up the contract space needed to sign Alexander Semin. Semin gives the Senators just a little more offence.

Now that moves have been made the team is looking forward to the start of what is hoping to be a playoff year with a road game against the Sabres.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-19-2016, 04:50 PM   #2
Rookie

Re: Breaking Through!! A Ottawa Senators Be a GM

the dynasty writer in me wishes you luck

the leafs fan in me wishes you bad luck lol
Old 05-19-2016, 04:53 PM   #3
MVP

Son of Sam99's Arena

OVR: 14

Love to see a Sens GM mode! Make it a dynasty!
Old 05-19-2016, 10:11 PM   #4
Rookie

Every year I pick other teams but in the end I always end up in Ottawa being the Senators. I can't be my bruins because I'm too attached to the players. But for some reason I like the senators on the game.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 05-19-2016, 10:27 PM   #5
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matty_Ice_125
Every year I pick other teams but in the end I always end up in Ottawa being the Senators. I can't be my bruins because I'm too attached to the players. But for some reason I like the senators on the game.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
i know the reason... erik karlsson lol

i remember a couple weeks ago messing with a gm mode as chicago, karlsson won the norris with like 110 pts
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-20-2016, 11:42 AM   #6
MVP

nuka's Arena

OVR: 12

Go sens go!
Old 05-20-2016, 04:06 PM   #7
Rookie

Thumbs up Re: Breaking Through!! A Ottawa Senators Be a GM

Two Big Injuries Haven't Derailed The Hot Start

The Senators started the season off with a dominating performance against Buffalo with a 6-2 victory. Alexander Semin was big in that game with 2 goals and 2 assists in his first game with the Senators. "I felt good out there tonight. Everything was working for me and us as a team and I hope we can take this high that we have right now to Toronto on Saturday." Semin told reporters after the game.

Toronto things got ugly and it started with a boarding call that sent Mark Stone out with a concussion. After that it was big hit after big hit and three times a fight broke out. Ottawa was lucky to escape with the win as Semin got the game winning goal with less than 30 seconds left in the third period.
This is what rivalry looks like said Weber after the game. We hate them and they hate us.

The rest of the month seemed to be going great for Ottawa until Phaneuf sprained his MCL and the team got word that Stone would not be medical cleared and is still suffering from post concussion symptoms.

"When we are dealing with a head injury like the one that Stone suffered you have to play the cautious approach and not try to rush him back before he is ready. Yea we could use him but we will not risk his long term health to have him back sooner."

After two huge back to back wins against the Detroit Red Wings (5-2 and 5-1) the Senators finished the month with a 7-3-1 record to start November Ottawa sits third in the division behind Tampa and Florida.

Semin finished the month leading the team in points (13). Turris lead in goals (7) and Karlsson lead in assists (8)

Goaltending Anderson was kinda bad with a 4-3 record .897S% and a 3.01GAA
Hammond was a lot better going 3-0-1 with a .932S% and a 1.960GAA

Next game on November 3rd against the Montreal Canadians who gave the Senators there first loss of the year (4-1)
Old 05-21-2016, 05:20 PM   #8
Rookie

Another Strong Month for Ottawa

The Senators started the month off with two impressive wins, a 3-0 shutout of Montreal and a 4-1 dominating performance against the Jets. Everything seems to be working with the teams offense and the Anderson seems to be hitting his stride in goal as the Senators finished the month 7-3-2.

In a loss to the Canucks the team lost big part of there offence when Semin went down with a Neck Sprain and the time table is he will not be back until middle of December at the soonest. Stone is still having trouble with his post concussion syndrome and its looking like could be out the rest of the year to recover which would be a big blow to the teams Stanley Cup hopes.

Game of the month happened on the 16th verses Detroit. The Red Wings had previously lost two games back to back against Ottawa by a combined 10-3. Howard looking to recover and get a little pride back against the team that is just destroying him this year and after 2 periods it looked a little better for him as he had 26 saves and only gave up 2 goals. Problem was that was the only goals scored of the game. With a 2-0 lead heading into the final period most fans thought they would just pack it in and kinda take the foot of the gas. That was anything but the case as they keep going at Howard hard and Detroit had no answer for them. When the dust settled the final score was another embarrassing 5-1 win for the Senators. That now makes it 15-4 in Ottawas favor as the teams will meet two more times this year.

Lightning 38P
Canadians 33P
Senators 31P
Panthers 25P
Leafs 24P
Red Wings 24P
Bruins 23P
Sabres 17P

Karlsson Leads the team in points with 23 (7G 17A)
Semin 22points (11G 11A)
Zibanejad 22points (7G 15A)
Turris 20points (10G 10A)

Anderson had a great month in goal and is now 8wins 3Losses with a .924S% and a 2.240GAA

« Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Hockey Dynasties »