Home

Creating a RTTP Lineup

This is a discussion on Creating a RTTP Lineup within the NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 05-18-2016, 06:58 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Creating a RTTP Lineup

Hello all, I know this thread looks similar to the lineup suggestions thread. However, I figured that since it is about constructing an entire lineup as opposed to looking for upgrades at one or two positions that I qualify to create a new thread dedicated to this important question.

I am entering the unrestricted seeds next week as I am wrapping up the Road to the Finals series and coming ever close to Diamond Kareem. However, I have no idea how to build a team around him. I love to shoot threes, play good on-ball defense and fast break (basically GSW-style basketball).

I have around 400k MT to spend and for reference I already have rewards Kidd, Pippen, and all the guys you get from Road to the Finals.

Thanks for the help!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-18-2016, 08:26 PM   #2
Rookie

Re: Creating a RTTP Lineup

You can build a great team with 400k and Kareem. I would buy cards tomorrow and this weekend because the market is going to dip a bit with Diamond Vince Carter and maybe Diamond Allen Iverson dropping.

Here are some of the best value cards in my opinion (PS4). Most will fit in a 4-out and fast break offense. They will continue to drop even more in price so always be patient, and remember to buy cards that have upgraded gold badges already.

PGs: All-Star Chris Paul (50k), MVP Steph Curry (40k)
SGs: All-Star Mitch Richmond (40k), Moments Klay Thompson (70k), Playoffs Dwyane Wade (70k)
SFs: MVP Kevin Durant (50k), TBT LeBron James (110k), Playoffs Diamond Kawhi Leonard (110k)
PFs: TBT Amethyst Carmelo Anthony (60k), Dynamic Draymond Green (40k), Playoffs Diamond Paul Millsap (100k), TBT Diamond Dirk Nowitzki (220k)
Cs (you already will have Kareem so a cheaper backup): Moments Hassan Whiteside (10k), Historic Hakeem Olajuwon (55k), Historic Bill Russell (60k)

Last edited by Biaxident; 05-18-2016 at 09:06 PM.
Old 05-19-2016, 04:36 AM   #3
Rookie

I would suggest the following lineup. I guess you will be able to buy them all fully badged in this weekend with 400K.
It's a very balanced squad. All players 1-4 can hit the 3pt and are great defenders (except Curry). Mitch, LeBron and Scottie are great slashers too.
You could also start Paul over Curry if you worry about Curry's defence.
If you have problems timing Curry's shoot (many people do) replace him with Dynamic Lillard who is also cheaper.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 353476.jpg (94.5 KB, 75 views)
Old 05-19-2016, 04:49 AM   #4
Pro

ideaman81's Arena

OVR: 3

^^^Replace Pippen with MVP KD and AD with Pettit and that is about what I would roll with for 400k.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 05-19-2016, 05:19 AM   #5
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ideaman81
^^^Replace Pippen with MVP KD and AD with Pettit and that is about what I would roll with for 400k.
Of course I would pick MVP KD over Pippen but we would exceed the budget.
I'm not so sure about Pettit over AD. Pettit is better shooted but AD is way better defender. It depends on the playstyle.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-19-2016, 05:49 AM   #6
MVP

Basically all my line-ups consist of

a PG that can create with P&R's (earlier in the game with fast players like Wall, now with Curry) depends of the playstyle.

a spot-up shooter (the most other things he can do, the better)
examples ( Diamond Jamal, ASG Mitch, Mullin, Klay etc)

the other perimeter position is basically the slasher player that can play as a second point guard too (LBJ, Harden, T-Mac,)

PF position, I play 4 out 1 smallball so I need a shooting and fast PF (KD,Melo, Kawhi etc). I back this up with a defensive stretch PF (DR Green, Gold AK-47)

Center, since I play small and a lot of P&R, I want mobile Centers, fast and strong enough to cover for the PF lack of defense

(Russell, Howard, DeAndre, etc)
Old 05-19-2016, 01:22 PM   #7
Rookie

Old 05-19-2016, 02:45 PM   #8
Rookie

Thanks to all of you! I appreciate the help and will be shopping this weekend!

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam »