Home

When do players change tier?

This is a discussion on When do players change tier? within the Diamond Dynasty forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > Diamond Dynasty
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 05-15-2016, 02:15 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
When do players change tier?

I heard last year players like Bryce Harper went from bronze to diamond. When and will that happen this year? New to the game. Thanks!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-15-2016, 03:08 PM   #2
Banned

OVR: 55
Re: When do players change tier?

Harper was never a bronze card last year. He did start at a silver and ended up as a diamond, but that took several months. Nobody has a realistic shot to go from silver to Diamond this year though.
Old 05-15-2016, 07:29 PM   #3
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by 55
Harper was never a bronze card last year. He did start at a silver and ended up as a diamond, but that took several months. Nobody has a realistic shot to go from silver to Diamond this year though.
Gotcha, so what about Trevor story? He's currently bronze, think his value goes up if they change his tier?
Old 05-15-2016, 09:45 PM   #4
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 38

Story's power ratings are already in the 80s. He strikes out a ton, so his vision rating will remain awful. He's not a great athlete or a threat to steal bases, so his fielding and contact ratings would have to go way up to get him into the gold tier. Realistically, I think he'll max out as a silver player this year. His contact ratings will probably improve a bit since his average is solid against righties and lefties.

Last edited by jyoung; 05-15-2016 at 09:50 PM.
Old 05-16-2016, 09:54 AM   #5
MVP

mikeq672's Arena

On June 28th
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-16-2016, 12:37 PM   #6
MVP

BigOscar's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by 55
I don't know about that, you never know how the season will pan out and who might explode, there are plenty of players with a lot of potential who could absolutely tear it up from now until the end of the season. Obviously it's impossible to predict who, but people like Seager or even someone like Stephen Matz easily have it in them to go on runs that see them upgraded multiple times. Not forgetting that my main man Byung Ho Park will obviously be like a better version of Stanton by the end of the year!
Old 05-16-2016, 01:00 PM   #7
I Drink Like A Champion!!

yankeesgiants's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigOscar
I don't know about that, you never know how the season will pan out and who might explode, there are plenty of players with a lot of potential who could absolutely tear it up from now until the end of the season. Obviously it's impossible to predict who, but people like Seager or even someone like Stephen Matz easily have it in them to go on runs that see them upgraded multiple times. Not forgetting that my main man Byung Ho Park will obviously be like a better version of Stanton by the end of the year!

Harper was quick though. he was practically diamond by this date
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Capture.JPG (56.5 KB, 47 views)
Old 05-16-2016, 01:10 PM   #8
MVP

BigOscar's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by yankeesgiants
Harper was quick though. he was practically diamond by this date
If anything, that just proves how quickly these things can change if a player explodes (and was underrated to start with), Obviously it's unlikely that someone will do that, but anything's possible. Correa must have gone from not even being on the game to a gold last year iirc, so it is possible.

We do look like were on the cusp of a new golden generation of young players all coming on to the scene and impressing at the same time, especially at SS and SP. Exciting time to be a baseball fan

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > Diamond Dynasty »