Home

Whats your most wanted feature for NBA 2k17

This is a discussion on Whats your most wanted feature for NBA 2k17 within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 04-27-2016, 01:06 PM   #1
MVP

OVR: 1

I know what you guys are going to tell me they need to focus on the features they have now before they create any new ones. But let's say for example 2k perfected their features and it was time to move on to a new feature and they wanted your input to pick one feature for NBA 2k17. So to help get a conversation going I've listed some of the most wanted features but you only had an option to pick one for the upcoming game.

NBA Legend Mode

New game mode sort of like jordan challenges this mode will be called NBA Legend Challenges. For example Magic vs Larry Legend, Willis Reed coming back for the knicks game 7 championship, Isiah vs Magic, knicks choke against the pacers, Iverson vs Kobe/Shaq, Duncan vs Kobe/Shaq, Dwade vs Dirk etc. Why not utilize the classic teams and make a game mode out of them. You guys can also emphasize on a specific era for the next few installments

Create A Legend

Bring back Create A Legend instead of using a created player in Myplayer you could start your career with a current NBA player. With whoever you select you have the ability to befriend teammates, other players throughout the league to form your own BIG 3. Form rivalrys amongst other players and have in house fights between coaches or players. Call out teammates/coaches in front of the media, hire and fire agents, get endorsements etc.

Owner Mode

Owner Mode similar to Madden 07 where you can hire and fire coaches, hire and fire GMs, fan support rating, finances/budget management, upgrading arena, what the crowd color shirts will be, give me the option to control the outlook on the team. Let me be James Dolan and handle the ticket prices, promotions for games, marketing for games, setting up players for interviews, dealing with in house problems/chemistry problems, etc. Please expand on this idea further

Coach Mode

Coach Mode where we have the ability to substitute players, call plays, motivate players and argue calls all on the fly. Get fired work as an assistant coach until other coaching opportunitys open up. Also add coach/player rivalries in coach mode like George Karl and demarcus cousins relationship is in real life. Another cool idea would be able to view and watch the game through the coaches eyes from the sidelines

Referee Mode

Referee Mode where you have the ability to officiate the game from all 3 of the referees eyes. All you do is press X to change from one referee eye view to the next referee eye view. Also you have one button for whistle and your able to select the foul or violation. For fouls/violations there will be colored markers underneath player that lights up a certain color alerting you of the foul/violation. For example red =travel, blue=blocking foul you'll have a certain time limit to call the foul/violation. For plays in the paint the camera would zoom in on the action and the game would slow down at the point of contact and it will be up to your discernment if the contact was a foul or not. Your performance would be graded on how accurate you are in calling fouls/violations between the time limit. Please expand on this great idea further, instead of colors underneath player it will be a random button that pops up randomly underneath player that you have to press before time lapses. So if it says press button B for the foul you have press it before button under player disappears. Every game you recieve scores your high scores are based on how accurate you are calling fouls. Your also competing against other fictional referee crews around the league. The referee crews with high scores get to referee the playoffs and the remaining crew with the highest score get to referee the finals
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-27-2016, 01:13 PM   #2
Pro

Cowboyfan_19's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Whats your most wanted feature for NBA 2k17

The ref mode sounds interesting, but 2k wouldn't think outside the box to put that in.

I've said it before and I'll say it again, we need online mini games. HORSE, Knockout, Skills Challenge, Slam Dunk Contest, 3 pt. contest......Just something new besides "Team Up", where PF's and C's are just there to collect a rebound and pass it to the guard to jack up shots.
Old 04-27-2016, 02:25 PM   #3
ZB9
Hall Of Fame

ZB9's Arena

OVR: 28

to be able to play now online games with classic teams regardless of rank...
Old 04-27-2016, 02:45 PM   #4
Pro

XxSpiritHunterX's Arena

D-League implementation is my most wanted BIG feature. Aside from that, what I really want is just the ability to get all the ability to customize your own jumpshot and individual attribute upgrading in mycareer again!

Sent from a network powered by a hamster and a wheel using Tapatalk
Old 04-27-2016, 02:48 PM   #5
Lockdown Defender

Rockie_Fresh88's Arena

OVR: 17

Is this a wish list thread ?
#1 Laker fan
First Team Defense !!!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-27-2016, 04:05 PM   #6
MVP

Crossover1's Arena

OVR: 17

Post-basket defense (Secondary fastbreaks)
Better passes (PGs and elite passers should throw quicker chest passes, not over the head floating passes)
Pass deflections in the paint (Lead passing to guys in the paint who are heavily guarded should result in deflections or errant passes out of bounds)
More non-shooting fouls (Especially on aggressive defenders who aren't good perimeter defenders)

I'm aware this isn't what the OP is looking for in particular but they should be looked at as features since they seem to be absent from years ago or never existing in 2K.
Old 04-27-2016, 04:16 PM   #7
Banned

I would like to to quicker, more streamlined games in ProAm, along with dedicated and full stat tracking.

MyTeam, able to enter your squad into an NBA schedule to see how it shapes up with the current NBA. Difficulty varied along the way. Vs CPU or User.

MyTram salary cap.

More teams able to be edited at one time in MyLeague.

Dynamic Difficulty, of some nature.
Old 04-27-2016, 05:01 PM   #8
MVP

Junior Moe's Arena

I want a lot of things, but number one for me is implementation of the NBDL and Euroleague (complete with group format, Euroleague broadcast presentation, make it feel like Europe, not euro teams playing in NBA) into MyLeague/MyGM. That would make for the most comprehensive franchise mode ever and put Make MYLeague the definitive franchise experience in my book.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »