Home

OS Mr. T's Tough as Nails Diamond Dynasty Tourney

This is a discussion on OS Mr. T's Tough as Nails Diamond Dynasty Tourney within the Diamond Dynasty forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > Diamond Dynasty
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 04-26-2016, 01:58 PM   #1
I smell sulfur...

Kodii Rockets's Arena

OVR: 12
OS Mr. T's Tough as Nails Diamond Dynasty Tourney

Rule 1.

You have to read the rest of this thread in Mr. T's voice for personal triumph...

As we’ve discussed, we’ll be mostly basing this tourney on A&S’s league rules.

8 teams Tournament consisting of a 3 game series.

Total runs scored in your first 2 games played against one team will determine who is the home team for the 3rd game in the series. If they are the same, total runs against will be the next number we look at.

Each team gets to pick what park when they are the home team. No park restrictions.

Lineup Rules:

1 - Created Player
2 - Diamond players max (pitchers and hitters total)
5 - Gold players max (pitchers and hitters total)
18 - Silver, Bronze, Common

The only real rule change from A&S is that since our seedings are based off of team overall, we will be declaring and locking in our rosters from start to finish.

Projected seedings(Final seedings will be determined once the other 3 chumps set their lineups and report them)
55: 89
JB: 87
Matt: 86
CEO: 86
Dookie: 85
Coffey: 85
#RocketGod: 84
Pappy: 82

If you don't have 2 Diamonds or only 1 Diamond you get a 2 Gold or 1 Gold card bump exception. Eg: I have a Diamond Trout but he is my only Diamond. I can use 1 more Gold in my lineup.

Created Player is your choice. It's like a free Diamond card IMO so I suggest using it if you have no Diamonds. Because you gert 2 more Golds in addition to your created player.

Players must only play in their primary or secondary positions only. So for example Miguel Cabrera can not play second base.

Once you designate the position and secondary position your created player (if you choose to use one) will play, they must only play in those slots.

Pitching staff can only have 2 CP max (2nd closer will be in the SU slot) The rest of your bullpen must be LRP, MRP and SU.

Your bench must include at least one back up catcher, back up middle infielder, back up corner infielder, and one back up OF and the 5th spot whomever you want.

Game play rules:

Level - All-Star
Pitching and hitting interface - Users Choice
Balks - On
Strike zone - Off
Hot zones - Preview

All owners are fully expected to play simulation style baseball. What does that mean?

1. Absolutely no throws from RF to 1st base. Just don't do it.
2. Do not exploit base running and bunting. Please keep it real.
3. Winning at all costs will not be tolerated, we are here to have fun.
4. Dirt balls. Please don't be excessive. Every now and then they will happen
5. Mix up your pitches and location. Again play sim and do not cheese it up.
6. No quick pitching. Please come set and then give it at least 2 seconds before you pitch. When you know a situation may call for a sub give the owner the courtesy to make it.

I want to clarify #2 - Some players may not realize this, but certain base running actions are considered exploits on The Show. Here are 2 examples and I am going to ask that you please do not do this. We are a casual fun league and winning at all costs will not be tolerated:

1. When you have a runner on 2nd with less than 2 outs and a ball is hit to the left side (3B, SS) do to take off for third after the throw to first base. The animation of the catch at first base does not allow for the player to quickly fire the ball across the diamond. The runner will basically be safe 99% of the time. They can be rated a 12 speed and still easily make it. IT IS AN EXPLOIT.

2. Man on 2nd and you lay a bunt down. 3rd baseman charges in makes a throw to first....but you just keep that runner from 2nd going around third to score. Again the animations at first base make it extremely difficult to turn and throw home. It is a huge disadvantage to the team on the field and it is considered an explot.

Also like I had mentioned above, when an opposing pitcher is coming up to hit give them time to call time out to PH. However if you’re the team at the plate and you did not take advantage of the courtesy....that's it.

No subbing once the AB begins. If you’re having a problem calling time....communicate on GroupMe or party chat (if your using that while playing).

Game Results:

Post results in this thread or PM them to me and I’ll update the standings in this post. Once everyone plays their 36 games the playoffs will happen. There will be 4 playoff teams total.

Tie breaker 1 will be runs against. Tie breaker 2 will be run scored (for example 2 teams have a 20-14 record, the team with less runs against get's the higher seed)

1 seed plays 8 seed
2 seed plays 7 seed
3 seed plays 6 seed
4 seed plays 5 seed

As noted above, high seed has Home field advantage.

Disconnect guidelines - If you’re playing a game once you complete 6 full innings the game is considered official if a disconnect occurs. Whatever team is winning will get the victory. This will keep things easy and not waste time. If the game was tied when the DC occurred after 6 complete then a restart will happen.

Also looking for solid CF25 Dynasty owners, follow the link to get started >> PS5 P5 Dynasty Discord

Last edited by Kodii Rockets; 04-29-2016 at 02:40 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-26-2016, 02:05 PM   #2
LORDTHUNDERBIRD

Pappy Knuckles's Arena

OVR: 46
Re: OS Mr. T's Tough as Nails Diamond Dynasty Tourney

Our tourney owner sucks.
Old 04-26-2016, 03:54 PM   #3
Rookie

CrimsionXBL's Arena

OVR: 2

I'd be interested
Old 04-26-2016, 04:12 PM   #4
Banned

OVR: 55

^ That dude can have my spot.
Old 04-26-2016, 04:50 PM   #5
MVP

opd897's Arena

OVR: 10

Isn't there a specific thread for diamond dynasty? Not sure this belongs here.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-26-2016, 04:51 PM   #6
I smell sulfur...

Kodii Rockets's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrimsionXBL
I'd be interested
$19.52 buy in for this tourney.

In honor of Mr. T's birth year, obviously.

Seriously though, this was just something organized in our GroupMe, we have the 8 players, we just wanted to get rules placed somewhere and a thread up and running so that we could post scores and such.

If 55 really is going to be a baby back about continuing, we'll let you know sir.

Also looking for solid CF25 Dynasty owners, follow the link to get started >> PS5 P5 Dynasty Discord
Old 04-26-2016, 05:15 PM   #7
I smell sulfur...

Kodii Rockets's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pappy Knuckles
Our tourney owner sucks.
Laurence Tureaud is the owner of this tourney, I'm merely a facilitator sir. I owe him a few favors.

Any issue you have please take it up with him. Thank you in advance.

Old 04-26-2016, 10:27 PM   #8
MVP

OVR: 0

your rules are really odd.. "who wants in a tourny?? But please don't try to win!"

I don't think Mr T. would support this!

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > Diamond Dynasty »