Home

Correa, Captain Store, and Market Effect

This is a discussion on Correa, Captain Store, and Market Effect within the Diamond Dynasty forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > Diamond Dynasty
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 04-20-2016, 01:53 PM   #1
Rookie

newmich's Arena

OVR: 0
Correa, Captain Store, and Market Effect

So I have been paying attention to the market all week, much like some of you have been. One player in particular I always keep an eye on for flipping purposes is Correa. Well on Monday he was placed in the captain store and ever since his value just keeps dropping every day.

My question to you guys is do you think the captain store has an ill effect on the market and is that effect permanent or just for that week? For instance Correa had a sell now around 28,000 on Sunday and now it is 21,605. Do you think his value will go back up next week?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-20-2016, 01:55 PM   #2
Rookie

Re: Correa, Captain Store, and Market Effect

Quote:
Originally Posted by newmich
So I have been paying attention to the market all week, much like some of you have been. One player in particular I always keep an eye on for flipping purposes is Correa. Well on Monday he was placed in the captain store and ever since his value just keeps dropping every day.

My question to you guys is do you think the captain store has an ill effect on the market and is that effect permanent or just for that week? For instance Correa had a sell now around 28,000 on Sunday and now it is 21,605. Do you think his value will go back up next week?
Well since it was available in the captain's store, more people now own the card, decreasing his rarity and value
Old 04-20-2016, 02:31 PM   #3
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by freedz
Well since it was available in the captain's store, more people now own the card, decreasing his rarity and value
I'm wondering if there will be FBs in the captains store or if...
Old 04-20-2016, 02:34 PM   #4
Rookie

newmich's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by freedz
That's for the people that meet the requirements to get him but I still see where you're coming from. I'm curious on if his value will rebound once he is off the captain store or if he took a permanent hit.
Old 04-20-2016, 02:35 PM   #5
Rookie

newmich's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kkatzman
I'm wondering if there will be FBs in the captains store or if...
I'm assuming there will only be live cards, but I could be wrong.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-20-2016, 02:38 PM   #6
Rookie

Quote:
That's for the people that meet the requirements to get him but I still see where you're coming from. I'm curious on if his value will rebound once he is off the captain store or if he took a permanent hit.
If they are unsellable (which I think they are) then there are fewer buyers on the market (since those that need have bought from captain's store) which keeps the price from rising.

If they are sellable there are more sellers on the market which forces the price down.

Either way the price goes down.
Old 04-20-2016, 03:01 PM   #7
Rookie

ZoltanZ's Arena

I bet he goes back up after he comes off the captain store. Many perspective buyers could be trying to grind out the levels and tickets needed to get him before the time runs out. If they don't then they will still need to buy if they want to complete the set.
Old 04-20-2016, 03:15 PM   #8
Rookie

NKRDIBL's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
I see this the same way as when new packs come out, it will affect the players for a week or so, they will have a huge dip, lot's of people will buy low. Then the card will slowly rebound, but not quite back to the full value it sat at before.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > Diamond Dynasty »