Home

I simulated 30 years in Franchise Mode to test progression. Here are the results.

This is a discussion on I simulated 30 years in Franchise Mode to test progression. Here are the results. within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 04-18-2016, 10:33 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
I simulated 30 years in Franchise Mode to test progression. Here are the results.

Using the default SCEA rosters, the progression this year has been greatly improved compared to last year. No longer are teams filled with 5 90+ overall starters. There were some ups and downs in the rating and stats, but for the most part everything was consistent.

Really only two problems exist. First, too many pitchers are pitching 200 innings. In my simulations, usually twice as many pitchers hit the 200 inning mark as would in real life. To attempt to fix this, I am going to subtract 10 for every starting pitcher's stamina and see if that changes anything.

The second problem is that too many players have careers that start at 26 or later. This is mostly due to the draft being filled with 25, 24 and 23 year olds. When I do my actual franchise, I will likely edit these players to be 22 years old and see if that solves that issue.

If anyone has any questions or wants to turn these numbers into a better looking graph be my guest.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-18-2016, 10:51 PM   #2
Forever A Legend

24's Arena

OVR: 22
Re: I simulated 30 years in Franchise Mode to test progression. Here are the results.

First off, I appreciate the work that you've done for the sake of the community! I was wondering what were the Attributes/Stats of players looking like once they passed age 32. I remember in prior years we would run into the problem of guys like Harper and Trout falling off cliffs when it came to regression. I was wondering if this was fixed in this years game. Were any major records broken as well? Thanks!

Old 04-18-2016, 11:28 PM   #3
Rookie

Re: I simulated 30 years in Franchise Mode to test progression. Here are the results.

It seemed like the A potential guys were able to still do well past 32, while the B and C potential guys fell off a bit. Trout, Harper and Stanton were all decent until their age 38 or 39 season when they fell of a cliff. Trout ended up with 461 homers and about 130 WAR, Harper had 589 homers and Stanton had 628.

Just the Career Saves record has been broken. St. Louis' closer has 731 to start the 2045 season.
Old 04-18-2016, 11:48 PM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 4

TD_21,
If you would either post or PM your spreadsheet I'd love to do some analysis (that is what I do all day anyway, this would be more interesting).
Old 04-18-2016, 11:56 PM   #5
Rookie

CougTillDeath's Arena

You deserve PayPal donations for this.

Sent from my SM-G928V using Tapatalk
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-19-2016, 12:01 AM   #6
Hall Of Fame

bcruise's Arena

OVR: 48

This is with default sliders I take it (most don't matter in sims, but starter/reliever stamina, manager hook, and injury do)? I'm guessing the innings are at least somewhat related to the excessive number of complete game/shutouts.

Thanks for the info!

Last edited by bcruise; 04-19-2016 at 12:03 AM.
Old 04-19-2016, 12:24 AM   #7
Hall Of Fame

KBLover's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by TD_21
Really only two problems exist. First, too many pitchers are pitching 200 innings. In my simulations, usually twice as many pitchers hit the 200 inning mark as would in real life. To attempt to fix this, I am going to subtract 10 for every starting pitcher's stamina and see if that changes anything.

The second problem is that too many players have careers that start at 26 or later. This is mostly due to the draft being filled with 25, 24 and 23 year olds. When I do my actual franchise, I will likely edit these players to be 22 years old and see if that solves that issue.

If the SP's having more 200 IP innings is the biggest problem, I can deal with that. Maybe in 10-15 years, the way we think of pitcher use will change.

And that's a good idea about editing kids' ages.

But the rest of that is very encouraging.
Old 04-19-2016, 12:39 AM   #8
Rookie

adamjsav's Arena

You sir, are a gentleman and scholar.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »