Home

30 team control vs Single team

This is a discussion on 30 team control vs Single team within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 04-11-2016, 02:27 PM   #1
Rookie

UravenzownU's Arena

OVR: 2
30 team control vs Single team

What are some pros and cons of each?

Which do you prefer?

Need advice on which one to do
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-11-2016, 03:29 PM   #2
The Lama

Armor and Sword's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: 30 team control vs Single team

30 Team Control allows you to approach your franchise/season exactly like a single team control franchise if you wish. Everything for the other 29 teams can be set to auto.

There are a few reasons though I use it.

1. Trades - I usually let most trades pass. In fact 80-85% will go through. But...I do see some big head scratching trades and that is after looking at all the angles of why a team would make that deal. So I will reverse those that fall into this bucket. It's my franchise....I will play God (League Commissioner) if I wish too.

2. Lineup management - I control every teams lineups and pitching rotations. I want to make sure they are using the best possible bating order and rotation. Most of the time they are fine, but they can use tweaking. When the season starts I go through each team and make sure everything looks right to me. Again...it's my universe and I want it my way.

3. Brand Sponsorship's - I like them. I want to use them. The problem is the CPU won't. So what do I do? I set them up for each team and also base it on team strengths (for the type of sponsorship) as well as market. Small market teams get no diamond sponsorship's, only one gold and the other two silver. Middle Market 2 Golds One Silver, Big market teams can have up to 2 diamonds and one gold.

4. Hey what if I want to take on a new challenge? - having 30 team control allows me to jump to another team if I become bored but don't want the universe to stop.

The only negative I see is if you want to play with GM goals turned on. They are automatically disabled with 30 team franchise. Other than that it's all upside for me using 30 team control.

The only time I don't use it is on my Fantasy Draft franchise. I am susing single team control and no sponsorship's. If I get fired....shame on me...that means I did a lousy job.
NHL23 - Panthers YR1
Star Wars Outlaws

Follow me on Twitch
https://www.twitch.tv/armorandsword
Old 04-11-2016, 03:32 PM   #3
Windy City Sports Fan

Gagnon39's Arena

OVR: 25

A&S:

So you just trade the players back on silly trades? I am still holding out a little hope that pending trades makes a return in an update since there's an option/window for it. It seems like it was somehow accidentally removed since the window is still there. I always liked to avoid the silly trades before they happened in years past.

Streaming on Twitch
https://www.twitch.tv/gagnon39
Old 04-11-2016, 03:39 PM   #4
The Lama

Armor and Sword's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gagnon39
A&S:

So you just trade the players back on silly trades? I am still holding out a little hope that pending trades makes a return in an update since there's an option/window for it. It seems like it was somehow accidentally removed since the window is still there. I always liked to avoid the silly trades before they happened in years past.
Yep. I too hope they can patch back in trade delay for 30 team control. But if that will cause the lack of trade bug from 15 to strike....I can deal with just reversing deals. Not a big deal and it only takes less than a minute. Of course that will change in June and July LOL.
NHL23 - Panthers YR1
Star Wars Outlaws

Follow me on Twitch
Old 04-11-2016, 04:07 PM   #5
Rookie

UravenzownU's Arena

OVR: 2

Appreciate the reply, does auto everything work with off-season as well?

And I love your sliders use em every year, great work
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-11-2016, 04:36 PM   #6
Windy City Sports Fan

Gagnon39's Arena

OVR: 25

Quote:
Originally Posted by Armor and Sword
Yep. I too hope they can patch back in trade delay for 30 team control. But if that will cause the lack of trade bug from 15 to strike....I can deal with just reversing deals. Not a big deal and it only takes less than a minute. Of course that will change in June and July LOL.
I wonder if we were to reload a save prior to a trade if it still happens or if there's a way to avoid it.

I usually save my franchise immediately following every game. I do not have auto-save enabled. Then after hitting "sim to next day," if a silly trade takes place we could reload. I wonder if the same trade would happen again. And if so maybe we could go into the team's trade block and remove him from it. In fact, checking the trading block periodically might help to limit the amount of u realistic trades.

Streaming on Twitch
https://www.twitch.tv/gagnon39
Old 04-11-2016, 04:45 PM   #7
MVP

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gagnon39
I wonder if we were to reload a save prior to a trade if it still happens or if there's a way to avoid it.

I usually save my franchise immediately following every game. I do not have auto-save enabled. Then after hitting "sim to next day," if a silly trade takes place we could reload. I wonder if the same trade would happen again. And if so maybe we could go into the team's trade block and remove him from it. In fact, checking the trading block periodically might help to limit the amount of u realistic trades.
I would think, worst case, is that if you re-load the save after a trade, and advance the day, and the trade still happens, then re-load the save, go to options, and turn cpu trading OFF for the other teams. Then when you advance, the trade shouldn't go through, because trading is set to OFF. After you advance, then turn it back on.
Old 04-11-2016, 05:50 PM   #8
The Lama

Armor and Sword's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by UravenzownU
Appreciate the reply, does auto everything work with off-season as well?

And I love your sliders use em every year, great work
Auto everything will let the CPU do everything it does in. Single team franchise.
NHL23 - Panthers YR1
Star Wars Outlaws

Follow me on Twitch

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »