Home

Pitchers constantly getting hit with line drives

This is a discussion on Pitchers constantly getting hit with line drives within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 04-10-2016, 12:38 PM   #1
MVP

Turbojugend's Arena

OVR: 0
Pitchers constantly getting hit with line drives

I thought this was something that was addressed this year with new animations and such. Unfortunately my experience has been exactly the opposite, opposing pitchers are getting nailed with hits left and right, it actually seems worse than last year. On top of this, I haven't seen anything new in the game that would suggest pitchers are trying to avoid hits.

I play a lot of Conquest Mode. This morning I played 10 games and the opposing pitcher got hit in eight of those games, sometimes more than once. Keep in mind that Conquest games are three innings, so I hit an opposing pitcher with a drive up the middle roughly once every three innings.

Maybe it's just a bug and these new hit-avoiding features were never implemented. Is anyone else experiencing this?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-10-2016, 12:50 PM   #2
Pro

Arrowhead21's Arena

OVR: 1
Re: Pitchers constantly getting hit with line drives

It took away about 3-4 hits from me last night. Kept belting balls up the middle and crushing the pitcher. Not a single injury. Pitcher recovered every single time to make the out.
NBA:Toronto Raptors
MLB:Toronto Blue Jays
NCAAF:Oregon Ducks
NCAAB:Kansas Jayhawks
Old 04-10-2016, 01:01 PM   #3
MVP

TheWarmWind's Arena

I'm seeing lots of line drives hit the pitcher, but they have yet to result in an out so I am satisfied.

Also when I look at it in slow mo it does appear that the pitcher is at least trying to get out of the way.

I've also seen pitchers to a little hot foot animation preventing them from immediately fielding like before. Who knows maybe I'm just lucky. These were all in franchise.
Old 04-10-2016, 01:06 PM   #4
Banned

OVR: 20

Insofar as the hitting physics don't suck or anything, I'd simply rephrase it: "I'm hitting the pitcher a lot." In which case: "um, ok, sorry to hear that."

Seriously, you hit the pitcher when? When you shoot a line drive up the middle that hits the pitcher. Swing a little sooner or a little later and, woah, you don't hit the pitcher.

The "hit box" for hitting the pitcher is smaller than it was last year, fact. What do you want? The ball to go through him?
Old 04-10-2016, 01:08 PM   #5
Just started!

It does get annoying when it happens every game. I was hit 3 times this morning. Not a huge problem because I'm playing rtts as a SP and I figure they would've been singles anyway but I definitely get your gripe as a batter.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-10-2016, 01:11 PM   #6
Rookie

At first, I thought this was addressed also since most of them were missing the pitchers, as seen in the twitch streams earlier. But since started playing the game, I notice they get hit even more often than before.
Old 04-10-2016, 01:20 PM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 3

For about ten games the ball never hit the pitcher hits up the middle or great plays by the 2b or ss. Now 3 or 4 times a a game.
Old 04-10-2016, 01:29 PM   #8
Rookie

I got nailed in the leg last night, but I got the cpu right in the forehead a couple days ago. He went down to the ground but was not taken out!

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »