Home

SO tired of the PLAYER DEVELOPMENT

This is a discussion on SO tired of the PLAYER DEVELOPMENT within the EA Sports NHL forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 04-10-2016, 10:00 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
SO tired of the PLAYER DEVELOPMENT

I know nobody cares, but if the garbage outdated player development system in BaGM isn't fixed or different in NHL 17, I will never buy the game. This garbage potential system ruins the entire mode.

I love be a gm and I love building a team, developing players - it's the only thing I do in NHL game.

So faking tired of working my butt off in the hopes of developing players playing 82 games + playoffs manually, only to see their overalls dropping or not developing at all. Only high end rookies seem to gain boosts. I'm not asking for that type of boosts, but some sort of exp system and / or the training system from Fifa needs to be added.

It's so unrealistic to have a 50 goal season on a player you like and develops in real life too and then see him not develop one bit. A 3rd liner for life, locked up at that.

Nobody wants to have players develop to their 90s in 1 season either. McDavids only come to drafts once in a decade.

Also, what the fak is up with the later BaGM mode when you can no longer draft any player worth anything if he's not in the top 10 draft?

Noting that you cannot develop them either, they are locked at that stupid potential system.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-10-2016, 04:03 PM   #2
MVP

Simple Mathematics's Arena

OVR: 11
Re: SO tired of the PLAYER DEVELOPMENT

I agree here. The potential system needs so much love. And the CPU generated rookies after a few years are really bad. They just have completely randomized attributes. You'll get a guy with 85 speed but 67 acceleration. Or like 80 puck control but 62 passing. They have to have player types affect attributes of the CPU generated rookies. Like if a player is a sniper, then he should have good shooting attributes. This seems pretty basic, but it still has to be said.

Also with the draft, I am tired of seeing enforcers and grinders being drafted in the first round - especially in the top 5. Come on now, this would never ever happen.

All of BaGM needs so much attention but sadly I don't think it will get it.
Old 04-12-2016, 01:03 AM   #3
MVP

Nickflyers's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simple Mathematics
All of BaGM needs so much attention but sadly I don't think it will get it.
Agreed. Do we have a rep from OS going to that GameChanger specifically for BAGM?

Twitch

YouTube Channel
Old 04-12-2016, 06:57 AM   #4
MVP

Simple Mathematics's Arena

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nickflyers
Agreed. Do we have a rep from OS going to that GameChanger specifically for BAGM?
I don't believe so.
Old 04-12-2016, 07:40 AM   #5
Rookie

azy19's Arena

There is statistical growth though and it does work(sometimes). In a Be A GM with Toronto I was just simming the first season and tanking for a good draft pick. But because of the sim engine we were close to getting a playoff spot with the worst team. Brad Boyes ended up getting 40 goals and went up to like 87 in the next year.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-12-2016, 12:19 PM   #6
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by azy19
There is statistical growth though and it does work(sometimes). In a Be A GM with Toronto I was just simming the first season and tanking for a good draft pick. But because of the sim engine we were close to getting a playoff spot with the worst team. Brad Boyes ended up getting 40 goals and went up to like 87 in the next year.
Some players develop oddly enough. You pick up Semin from free agents if he has top 6 potential, even though it's exact - he'll be 86 overall if you play him on 2nd or 1st line.

Some don't develop despite of getting the same score as the players whom did develop.

The logic is beyond me.

I've now had 4x 30 goal seasons with Vincent Trocheck, but he remains a 3rd liner for life, 83 overall. It sucks and is unrealistic, because I can lock up this multiple 30 goal scorer to a 1.7m/year 8 year deal.

Other ideal example is Nick Bjugstad. Dude won't develop a **** from 87 overall. He can be sensational all season long, play like Sidney Crosby but he's locked up at that overall.

All this potential randomness and illogical system is making me so bored at the whole GM mode. I like to develop players - myself. It's my job as a GM. Not some random potential changes... A low rated player with no hopes for future could work their assess off and become stars, that'd be fun to see, but it's never going to happen in EA NHL.

Last edited by NinthFall; 04-12-2016 at 12:24 PM.
Old 04-12-2016, 12:20 PM   #7
MVP

actionhank's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by azy19
I guess personally I think players like Boyes should still decline in skills with age. I think for skilled players things like shot and accuracy shouldn't really decline much. Strength should decline, but at a slower rate, most likely. But speed and agility should be the thing that decreases most for everyone. Maybe vision and awareness as well, since your mental edge starts to wain with your physical abilities. This way, guys who are really great shots like Stamkos and Boyes will still have roles as they get to the last 3 or so years in their careers. They will still have great shots, excellent passing, but their speed will likely deteriorate, as will their agility, changing how you use them.

It would be nice to see injuries compound too. Have guys like Havlat who over the years just can't escape the injury bug and slowly lose their speed and agility, but they still have a good shot so teams can still use them to get to the cap floor, or to help rookies and take a powerplay spot.
Old 04-12-2016, 04:11 PM   #8
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by actionhank
I guess personally I think players like Boyes should still decline in skills with age. I think for skilled players things like shot and accuracy shouldn't really decline much. Strength should decline, but at a slower rate, most likely. But speed and agility should be the thing that decreases most for everyone. Maybe vision and awareness as well, since your mental edge starts to wain with your physical abilities. This way, guys who are really great shots like Stamkos and Boyes will still have roles as they get to the last 3 or so years in their careers. They will still have great shots, excellent passing, but their speed will likely deteriorate, as will their agility, changing how you use them.

It would be nice to see injuries compound too. Have guys like Havlat who over the years just can't escape the injury bug and slowly lose their speed and agility, but they still have a good shot so teams can still use them to get to the cap floor, or to help rookies and take a powerplay spot.
That's what they are trying to do right now. Pre-code the development process.

I had Luongo at 36-37 years of age end the season with a career high 0.972 saving % and about 20-30 shutouts. It's because I played manually, but still his overall dropped after the season.

It's realistic that a player drops overall by age, but it's not working correctly. Sometimes you have players at the age of 31-32 start dropping overall vastly with no reason whatsoever. For example, I had a great season with Jussi Jokinen, 85 overall. He has about 20 goals and 35 assists. Not a career season, but better than the previous season. For some reason though, at the age of 33 after the season he had dropped from 85 to 83.

So, I say end these pre-coded stuff. Or at least let players decide whether they want that system or exp system.

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL »