Home

Too easy this year?

This is a discussion on Too easy this year? within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 04-08-2016, 07:56 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 2
Too easy this year?

Hello guys... the game this year is amazing. ... but don't you thinks it is too easy?
I meant I play in HOF and I think the pitch is slow than last year... and I feel that pitchers pitch to much hiteable balls... if you have a regular player or an above regular player it is too easy hit well the ball...I keep bating hit after hit after hit and if you got an Abreu or other elite player...forget it. . You'll crus some balls....don't get me wrong, the game is the best, I think I'll have to work in the sliders and up to legend.... what is your experience?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-08-2016, 08:06 PM   #2
Pro

OVR: 0
Re: Too easy this year?

I agree, especially when it comes to pitching. I've played on All-Star level for years (both hitting and pitching) and only needed to make minor slider adjustments. This year it looks like I'm going to have to jump to HOF.

The cpu seems to swing and miss at everything. My strikeouts are insane. However - and here is where I see a potential problem - certain games the cpu just blasts everything and anything close, then it goes back to hitting terribly again.

In a series I just finished I gave up a total of four hits in two games, had two complete game shutouts with a total of 19 strikeouts and no walks (with mediocre pitchers). The next game I gave up 12 runs and 18 hits, only to come back the next game and give up 1 run and 5 hits with no walks.

The variance here is a little on the bizarre side and somewhat unrealistic.
Old 04-08-2016, 08:23 PM   #3
Hall Of Fame

bcruise's Arena

OVR: 48

I could only consider it too easy if I was on Legend and dominating every game.

HOF is fully capable of kicking my *** on any given day.

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk
Old 04-08-2016, 08:39 PM   #4
Hall Of Fame

KBLover's Arena

OVR: 40

I don't know.

Maybe I suck. *shrug*. I have Harper...he's hitting .317 for me.

Chris Davis is at .270

I have two players on my team hitting .220. Yelich has dropped from .310s to .270-ish.

Last two games I've won were 1-0, got 6 hits total. Just won one 5-3, 8 hits.

I can count on one hand scoring double digit runs.

I'm on All-Star Classic/Directional.
Old 04-08-2016, 08:44 PM   #5
RIP Ty My Buddy

nemesis04's Arena

OVR: 52

I would not necessarily call it easier, I think there are more successes performing tasks in the game. The game will still bitch slap you just when you get comfortable.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-08-2016, 08:57 PM   #6
Pro

OVR: 0

Didn't they say user input has more of a factor in outcomes? So if you're really skilled at the game the RNG will hurt you less and you'll do better. I consider this a positive
Old 04-08-2016, 09:07 PM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by JTommy67
I agree, especially when it comes to pitching. I've played on All-Star level for years (both hitting and pitching) and only needed to make minor slider adjustments. This year it looks like I'm going to have to jump to HOF.

The cpu seems to swing and miss at everything. My strikeouts are insane. However - and here is where I see a potential problem - certain games the cpu just blasts everything and anything close, then it goes back to hitting terribly again.

In a series I just finished I gave up a total of four hits in two games, had two complete game shutouts with a total of 19 strikeouts and no walks (with mediocre pitchers). The next game I gave up 12 runs and 18 hits, only to come back the next game and give up 1 run and 5 hits with no walks.

The variance here is a little on the bizarre side and somewhat unrealistic.
Exactly. ... and it is funny that they do what they need to keep the win and lose balance. ... if they need to win they'll hit just by the corners or hit a Hr at the exact moment. ... then again took a lot of strikes. ... that's unrealistic. ..I agree, last year I could play in all start.
Old 04-08-2016, 09:16 PM   #8
MVP

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by eneas
Exactly. ... and it is funny that they do what they need to keep the win and lose balance. ... if they need to win they'll hit just by the corners or hit a Hr at the exact moment. ... then again took a lot of strikes. ... that's unrealistic. ..I agree, last year I could play in all start.
I play on legendary with all user sliders at 0 and max out all the CPU sliders. I wouldn't say it's hard but it definitely provides the CPU with a chance (even if slim). I use electric stimulation techniques (found this in a Bruce Lee documentary) to improve my fast twitch muscle responsiveness. I'd suggest trying the same thing (sliders) and maybe you can challenge yourself.

As the season progresses and I get better I usually lower my players contact and power also. My hand eye coordination improves with season progress so it's another way for me to handicap myself.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »