Home

Analog Pitching needs love. (Walks and stuff)

This is a discussion on Analog Pitching needs love. (Walks and stuff) within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 04-07-2016, 06:54 PM   #1
Pro

OVR: 24
Analog Pitching needs love. (Walks and stuff)

Every year, a new The Show comes out, and it is brought up that throwing strikes with Analog Pitching is far too easy. And every year the response is "hopefully next year it's fixed"

It's been a few years now and it's still a big issue. I am on HoF with both accuracy sliders on 0 and I lead the league with the fewest walks allowed, almost 100 walks fewer than the 2nd guy behind me.

I get a great challenge from the AI otherwise, so I don't want to raise the difficulty level. My ERA is where it should be, I allow a fair number of hits, etc... I just never have any problem throwing strikes. Every time I miss with a pitch it just floats down the middle for a strike (or gets hit). I feel like I've tried just about everything, and it's getting to the point where I just intentionally throw balls sometimes to keep things interesting.

I may just end up abandoning Analog altogether, but I really don't want to do that.

Has anyone found any sort of way to combat this?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-07-2016, 07:59 PM   #2
Banned

OVR: 20
Re: Analog Pitching needs love. (Walks and stuff)

Yeah I mentioned this is the patch ideas thread. The control slider is more a "how random the locations of your pitches will be" slider when it should really be a "how hard it is to throw strikes" slider instead.
Old 04-07-2016, 08:35 PM   #3
DJ
Hall Of Fame

DJ's Arena

OVR: 47

I think using the current interface and setup, it's always going to be hard to intentionally miss the strike zone. 2K's analog controls worked so well because you had different inputs for each pitch, and after they tweaked things (remember the old meatballs if you didn't have the input right?) the ball-strike ratio was spot-on. I didn't have to try to miss way outside of the zone to throw a ball.

The rock-and-fire that The Show implements is user-friendly, but when it comes to achieving what you want in terms of that ball-strike ratio, there's definitely room for change.
Old 04-07-2016, 08:41 PM   #4
RIP Ty My Buddy

nemesis04's Arena

OVR: 52

It needs a 2.0 version. I stopped using it a while ago, I have pages of notes on taking it to the next level.
Old 04-07-2016, 10:14 PM   #5
Pro

OVR: 24

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ
I think using the current interface and setup, it's always going to be hard to intentionally miss the strike zone. 2K's analog controls worked so well because you had different inputs for each pitch, and after they tweaked things (remember the old meatballs if you didn't have the input right?) the ball-strike ratio was spot-on. I didn't have to try to miss way outside of the zone to throw a ball.

The rock-and-fire that The Show implements is user-friendly, but when it comes to achieving what you want in terms of that ball-strike ratio, there's definitely room for change.
Quote:
Originally Posted by nemesis04
It needs a 2.0 version. I stopped using it a while ago, I have pages of notes on taking it to the next level.
What pitching system do you guys use?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-07-2016, 10:18 PM   #6
Pro

OVR: 4

Yeah, completely agree, I've been with Analog pitching since it came out and have the same observations. Tune up difficulty, turn down control, still put the ball wherever I want.

I went back to meter pitching, and it definitely makes it more difficult to hit your spots.
Old 04-07-2016, 10:37 PM   #7
RIP Ty My Buddy

nemesis04's Arena

OVR: 52

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobhead
What pitching system do you guys use?
I use classic.
Old 04-07-2016, 10:43 PM   #8
Pro

OVR: 0

I've started using meter but I make the meter as small as possible move it off to the side and pretty much just watch my pitchers delivery as to when to release the ball. Works pretty well.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »