Home

This is getting beyond ridiculous now...

This is a discussion on This is getting beyond ridiculous now... within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare
Closed Thread

Old 04-07-2016, 04:38 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
This is getting beyond ridiculous now...

Well it is 3:30PM now in St. Louis, Missouri and I have to turn off MLB The Show now because the servers are once again overloaded. This year is by far the worst this game has ever been. Not to bitch, but next year maybe we should focus less on Twitch streams and pointless developer tournament streams and get the game right. This game is literally unplayable from 3PM until about 12AM. You can't even get into a RTTS game or exhibition because the menu screens won't load properly and then you get the server error or your connection to the show has been lost screen. I understand that there were record numbers of users online this year, but it has been two weeks now and we are still have problems just turning the game on. I won't even go into all the problems that a patch update needs because that file will be as big as the game was to download. I get it that the developers are busy working and I appreciate all the hard work that goes into making a game as solid as The Show, but you would think that looking at the numbers of pre orders and digital download pre orders they would get a server that can handle the traffic of a game. How in the hell does a game like Call of Duty have over hundreds of thousands, if not millions of people online run as smooth as butter on a 12 am launch night, but the show can't even boot up. Ill end my post with this. I have multiple friends wanting to buy the show still, but I told them do not buy it because of this broken server issue. Two of them bought it and returned the game simply because online is unbearable right now. I will no longer be getting on the game until at last May. Hopefully things are fixed by then, but I doubt it still.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-07-2016, 04:42 PM   #2
Fino Alla Fine

KingTocco's Arena

Re: This is getting beyond ridiculous now...

It seems as if their performance testing they did prior to this game releasing was very poor or underestimated.

Games like CoD you mentioned have much more rigorous performance testing, dedicated servers, etc. to mitigate these issues.

Game is great and it's sad to see it being crippled by server side issues.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lakers
Juventus

PSN: KingTocco
Old 04-07-2016, 04:43 PM   #3
Banned

OVR: 55

I can't even so much as look at my card collection right now, let alone buy/sell in the marketplace.

This is a great game on the field... just wish I could get on it.
Old 04-07-2016, 04:51 PM   #4
Rookie

Finished a capture mission on DD, took 5 minutes to get from end of game to conquest screen, then it kicked me out of DD(all while taking another couple of minutes to get to the home screen). Restarted the system and then it took more then 5 minutes of loading screen before I shut down the system and gave up.

There is just no point to even try.
Old 04-07-2016, 04:57 PM   #5
Rookie

It's really unfortunate. You literally can not play during middle of day of evening hours because the game will just lag lag lag. Next year there needs to be beta testing and more testing and less twitch crap. I'm sorry but just put out a FAQs sheet and be done with it. Maybe a few Twitch streams to answer some stuff but you can literally cover all that in 1-2 days about the. People only watched to try to win the give aways when the devs had a pointless developer tournament. And next year just improve on the game modes. Don't add anything new. It took me over an hour to set my lineup for a card mission I was trying to do then got booted last night when server maintenance started 5 hours early
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-07-2016, 05:08 PM   #6
Banned

CanOfCornCobb's Arena

I dont even play DD or any online modes but this is the 2nd time in 2 days its taken almost 5 minutes for my main screen just to load because they I assume I do. Offline or online nobody's happy with this.
Old 04-07-2016, 05:14 PM   #7
Just started!

Last night shortly before midnight EDT I was able to get the menu to load so I could play my offline franchise, but it took probably a solid 5-10 minutes. I read elsewhere that if you just take your PS4 offline in the first place, the game will load up much faster so you can at least get to the offline content. Not an ideal solution, but better than nothing if you're looking to play offline.

I'm sure others have noticed, but ever since at least 11pm EDT last night until now (but probably going back before that), theshownation has also been completely down. Whatever server issues they're having are also affecting their web host, apparently. Maybe they run the website off the actual game servers - if they do, they should seriously consider moving theshownation to a dedicated web server, so they can at least have their forums open and communicate with their user base about what's going on. Or even worse, maybe they're already on separate servers, but they're all in a location that's been hit with some kind of widespread outage. Who knows at this point. But you'd like to think that they have some kind of HA/DR plan to at least get their website up and running so they can update people.
Old 04-07-2016, 05:15 PM   #8
Pro

bfindeisen's Arena

OVR: 11

This has to be one of the worst opening few weeks for a AAA title as far as servers go. I can't recall ever experiencing such poor server performance from a game I've ever bought, including Battlefield 4 and SimCity 5 which had horrible opening weeks with server overload.

Currently, for someone like me who has a 9-5 job, you can't play the game (Online) period, because I can only play during peak hours. Hopefully this is sorted sooner than later...
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »