Home

Online could really use a beta

This is a discussion on Online could really use a beta within the Diamond Dynasty forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > Diamond Dynasty
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 04-06-2016, 10:20 PM   #1
Rookie

aochaz14's Arena

OVR: 2
Online could really use a beta

I'm sure I'm not the only person that has brought this up so sorry if this has been beaten to death but why not have a beta pre release much like many other games including sports games with "ultimate team" modes. Maybe this would allow the team to iron out some of the issues people are expierencing with DD. You think this would be especially useful when implementing a mode that requires buy-in such as BR. I can't see how this wouldn't help alleviate some of the headache all around, devs included.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-06-2016, 10:43 PM   #2
Rookie

CougTillDeath's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Online could really use a beta

A beta wouldn't have found the delay issues

Sent from my SM-G928V using Tapatalk
Old 04-06-2016, 10:56 PM   #3
Rookie

aochaz14's Arena

OVR: 2

Maybe not but it can be a useful tool for finding in game freeze bugs, simple stadium corrections, etc. I can't see how it would hurt especially for a game as hyped as the show.
Old 04-07-2016, 11:48 AM   #4
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by CougTillDeath
A beta wouldn't have found the delay issues

Sent from my SM-G928V using Tapatalk
It could have helped. Depends on how many people would have downloaded and played. They should have been able to extrapolate the data received during the beta to realize that their servers were crap and would be able to keep up with the possible demand. I don't understand how you make a great online mode, a website integrated with the online mode and other offline modes that still use server space to collect game data but you don't have the foresight to realize your servers stink! Great game put poor quality control.
Old 04-07-2016, 01:24 PM   #5
Rookie

They should just make a game every 2 years. I mean they "finished the game," less then a month before release, what did they expect?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-07-2016, 02:16 PM   #6
Rookie

BrandH's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChGtXgMs
They should just make a game every 2 years. I mean they "finished the game," less then a month before release, what did they expect?
From the twitch streams it sounded like it may even have been about 2 weeks before.
Old 04-07-2016, 03:23 PM   #7
Rookie

GodOfNugget's Arena

A lot of the problems with yearly release sports games is their resources are so limited for the amount of time the have to develop. An early beta would probably be way too early to have a playable game state.

So many interviews with sports game devs always talk about their restrictions on release times and what not. Designers are sort of stuck between choosing to force in new features and getting the game to work. People will either say "Same as last year" or "This game is broken". As long this keeps up w/ yearly releases, likely to see a lot of releases like MLB 16 the show in the future.
Old 04-07-2016, 03:45 PM   #8
Rookie

The "problem" is they dreamed big and got a lot of content into the game. The amount of information needed to be tracked increased as well as the the number on participants online. Battle Royale is a great mode, when it works. Conquest is brilliant for advancement of your Diamond Dynasty team while playing against the CPU, when your games aren't being queued. The amount of cards and variations are great, when it doesn't take 10 minutes to change your lineup . They just didn't lease enough server space and are inefficient with the data management.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > Diamond Dynasty »