Home

Who are your guys' favorite players so far?

This is a discussion on Who are your guys' favorite players so far? within the Diamond Dynasty forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > Diamond Dynasty
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 04-06-2016, 12:26 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0

After not being able to finish Conquest mode because of the glitch and then not being able to get offline games to que I almost gave up but then all of a sudden they fixed something and then all offline games were working. So I set out to complete the collections of some of my favorite players and have acquired this lineup.

1. Ichiro (93)
2. Rod Carew (94)
3. Matt Holliday (94)
4. Jim Edmonds (90)
5. Adrian Beltre (98)
6. Harmon Killebrew (90)
7. Yadier Molina (82)
8. Ozzie Smith (93)
9. Pitcher slot

1. Adam Wainwright
2. Stephen Strasburg
3. Carlos Martinez
4. Michael Pineda (84)
5. Michael Wacha

Now I've played with a decent amount of players thus far but most were silver and bronzes during my Conquest grind.

Favorite brinze hitter and pitcher:

Hitter: Lucas Duda by far. This guy has so much power its not even funny. It was a huge plus that for the entirety of his stay he was boosted to an 87 so that probably had a big effect on his production but it doesnt take away from his swing. It felt so smooth and powerful and was just a joy to play with.

Pitcher: actually never used a bronze pitcher so i cant say.

Favorite silver hitter and pitcher:

Hitter: FB Colby Rasmus was by far my favorite. It may not say he's got pop, but he does. A lot of it too. He's got some decent speed too and can easily swipe a bag against most catchers.

Pitcher: FB Chris Sale. This guy mows hitters down for fun. Unfortunately I sold mine to fund a better rotation.

Favorite gold hitter and pitcher:

Hitter: It's a toss up between Edmonds and Killebrew. Both come with great power stats and it shows. I'd probably say Edmonds though but not by much. Edmonds also offers a nostalgic experience for me (from STL and grew up watching Pujols, Edmonds and Rolen tear it up) so that may have something to do with it. His swing is a little long so you have to get his timing down but when you do, he rakes. Killebrew offers brute power but Edmonds gives you the power along with good contact ability too. Edmonds is also a sure thing I'm the outfield so that helps.

Pitcher: Yu Darvish. Hands down. His strikeout ability is the best I've used thus far and he commands his pitches well so even if you don't hit your spot right on, he usually doesn't leave over the middle of the plate which makes him hard to hit.

Favorite Diamond hitter and pitcher:

Hitter: such a tough decision. It's between Ichiro and Holliday. Ichiro outright produces scoring opportunities. Whether it be from him beating out and infield hit or plugging a gap and getting a stand up triple or swiping a bag with ease. He can do it all. He's even got a little bit of power if you can catch it right. I just hit my first HR with him online to mercy the guy. Holliday is Mr. Clutch. He has come through on nearly every chance with RISP so this is what makes it hard. He doesn't have the power I thought he would or perhaps it's just me. Either way, he wasn't the perfect mix of power and contact I had hoped for but a guy who you can count on to get on is always nice. I think Ichiro takes it because of his ability in the field. Holliday hasn't made any errors but he's certainly shaky out there and is definitely prone to a dropped ball here or there given enough chances.

Pitcher: yet to use one. There aren't any legend pitchers that entice me so I'm going to have to wait until I get more stubs and can buy one off the market. Probably go after Kershaw if and when I get the stubs.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-06-2016, 02:57 AM   #2
MVP

Re: Who are your guys' favorite players so far?

2011 Jose Bautista
Old 04-06-2016, 07:25 AM   #3
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foldzy
2011 Jose Bautista
I am working on getting him right now

http://2kmtcentral.com/18/lineups/6910/teamdavis
Old 04-06-2016, 10:34 AM   #4
Rookie

Yordano Ventura! It's all about pumping the gas!
Old 04-06-2016, 11:01 AM   #5
Rookie

CSUFresnoClassof2011's Arena

I have a pretty decent team for having played only games of DD & not spending stubs. I bought the digital deluxe & was given a code for more packs by a friend who only plays franchise. Just received Yu Darvish as a daily stamp reward. Looking forward to using.

Hitters
Pedro Alvarez
Sterling Marte
Robinson Cano
Brandon Crawford-I'm a Giants fan & have played with him in franchise the last two years.
Rookie Anthony Rizzo-only a 76 rating

Pitchers
Corey Kluber-I threw 6 perfect innings against a guy before he quit. I had a 6-0 lead & hit 4 home runs in 5 at bats.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited by CSUFresnoClassof2011; 04-06-2016 at 11:18 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-06-2016, 11:35 AM   #6
MVP

milldaddy35's Arena

Anthony Rizzo

College Football - Iowa Hawkeyes
College Basketball - Iowa Hawkeyes

MLB - Minnesota Twins
NBA - Oklahoma City Thunder
NFL - New York Jets
NHL - Minnesota Wild
Old 04-06-2016, 11:40 AM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 1

Cespedes. Hands down. He is a stud. Completely shuts down the opponent's running game. I can't count how many runs he's saved me from so far. Plus, he is a beast offensively as well. Was originally using him to finish commanding the Mets but I'm keeping him as my centerfielder.
Old 04-06-2016, 12:27 PM   #8
MVP

Side Effect's Arena

OVR: 3

Don't have many golds or any diamonds, but Coco Crisp Flashback has been great in the leadoff spot for me. Also David Ortiz Twins Flashback. And Papelbon as closer has been lights out.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > Diamond Dynasty »