Home

That time again (Immediate Bans Effective, Please Read)

This is a discussion on That time again (Immediate Bans Effective, Please Read) within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 04-05-2016, 10:21 AM   #1
Franchise Streamer

Millennium's Arena

OVR: 46
That time again (Immediate Bans Effective, Please Read)

It seems to be that time again.

I've instructed my moderators to lock this forum down in terms of attitude and acting out of normal users. Unfortunately this is a step that has to happen every year, but this year seems worse than ever.

If you FOR ANY REASON 'troll' another user (try to incite an argument, try to be the 'Big Man On Campus' by poking fun at another user, attack the game developers in any way, or just post in a non-constructive manner) you will be banned.

If you feel like you have been banned unjustly, email [email protected]. But know up front that this warning is the only one that will be given for the immediate future.

This is a private website. We reserve the right to deny access to any user at any time for any reason.

I'm leaving this thread open, as always, in case anyone would like to discuss this. Please do it constructively and understand that this is not the first time we've had to do this in this specific forum.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

My Twitter
My Twitch Channel!

Last edited by Millennium; 04-05-2016 at 02:56 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-05-2016, 10:52 AM   #2
#realtalk

dalger21's Arena

OVR: 7
Re: That time again (Immediate Bans Effective, Please Read)

Damn that's harsh but a necessary evil.

Edit: And you're right, it does seem to happen around the time of release...

Last edited by dalger21; 04-05-2016 at 10:54 AM.
Old 04-05-2016, 12:11 PM   #3
Rookie

buziii's Arena

OVR: 0

The OS forums have always been the best for controlling the internet idiots. I applaud all efforts to keep it that way.
Old 04-05-2016, 05:41 PM   #4
Rookie

John_Sheldon's Arena

I like that you guys enforce the rules especially in the forums. I've noticed a lot of young & old immature individuals that like to have nothing better to do then go around making peoples life a living hell. I am new to this forum & already I like it, Keep up the good work Gents
Old 04-05-2016, 07:17 PM   #5
Go Cubs Go

WaitTilNextYear's Arena

OVR: 18

So you're saying "the hammer is coming swiftly" once again?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-05-2016, 07:25 PM   #6
Banned

OVR: 27

In terms of the OSFM thread, my personal opinion is it should be locked at all times and only updated by a mod when someone working on the roster has an update and then when the roster is done. Would avoid the constant pestering of those working on the roster.

The roster forum is seriously the most annoying thing every year with the impatient people.

Again, just my opinion on it.

Sent from my LGLS991 using Tapatalk
Old 04-05-2016, 07:48 PM   #7
Hall Of Fame

redsox4evur's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhilliesFan13
In terms of the OSFM thread, my personal opinion is it should be locked at all times and only updated by a mod when someone working on the roster has an update and then when the roster is done. Would avoid the constant pestering of those working on the roster.

The roster forum is seriously the most annoying thing every year with the impatient people.

And I will play devil's advocate here. Then you are hurting the others who have legitimate questions about the roster or are trying to help by giving the roster makers good info.
Old 04-05-2016, 07:58 PM   #8
Go Cubs Go

WaitTilNextYear's Arena

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhilliesFan13

Quote:
Originally Posted by redsox4evur
And I will play devil's advocate here. Then you are hurting the others who have legitimate questions about the roster or are trying to help by giving the roster makers good info.
I don't mind "hurting others" as you say because it's only a roster after all and nobody is actually being hurt. Good info can be PM'd or placed in a "good info" thread, but let's be honest...out of the thousands of posts in that OSFM thread, what fraction of them is offering "good info"--a vanishingly small amount--versus what fraction are asking when things will be done/telling people not to ask that--basically all of them.

I think the more practical issue is if you lock the OSFM thread, we'll see literally hundreds of threads appear to ask the ETA question. So what's more annoying? I don't think there is a clear solution although I do like the "no ETA" being added to the thread title. That seems to be helping.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »